1 (Poor)
60%336 Votes
Total Votes :: 554 Votes

risorial

Rank 3
risorial
PostedMay 30, 2012 5:38 pm
Game: DWO

A lot has been said about this game already on this thread, so I won't add on to it. A few points I'd like to give though:

1. The GMs for the game I believe are doing a good job. With the little freedom that they do have, they do what they can, but it feels like they always have their hands tied, always needing to go to the higher-ups for permission and wait for results if and when the bosses feel like it. Only criticism I have for them is that I'd wish they'd be more present on the forums and shoutboxes, let the people know they are there and alive (but then again, they seem to be occupied with SO MANY GAMES that the time they do have per game is minimal)
  2. For the upper echelons of Aeria, it may be necessary to revise your contract with the developers of the game. The game is highly broken, and has been for more than a year now. KOEI has been known to fix problems within days on their server and other servers, there shouldn't be a difference for this one. This being the case, hypothesis would be that the major part of the responsibility for this server still not being fixed lies on Aeria (KOEI probably already knows about the issue, and is still waiting on Aeria to admit to it). This should have been fixed long, long ago. Man up and get your gears rolling to fix the issue, so that the GMs won't be blamed for things that aren't in their hands to begin with.

Thanks for reading.
Advertisement

PRASADNSG

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2012 9:21 pm
I dont think aeria deserves worst rating minimum rating should have been medium..means middle ..You guys have not seen companies like ga***a or some other companines who just totaly buff up the Premium users like GOds..
And i read bad reasons down here ... They are not as bad as giving worst rating guys...

Economics

Rank 0
Economics
PostedMay 30, 2012 9:35 pm
It is time for me to speak.

The best way for a company to make profit is to value it's customers, showing them the utmost service it can possibly provide, in addition to providing product desirable for purchase.

Even if your profits aren't what your hoping for on one game, leaving a lasting impression of outstanding customer service will bring you more business in future endeavors.

Let's talk about how to make profit:

The economy in my game is in shambles, mainly because the Product Manager is too busy to take time to listen to promotion suggestions. This is bad business. Listening to customers is the way to go. But how should a product manager do that?

Here's how: If players have been requesting certain items to go on sale or on promo, the product manager should stop and think about two things.

1: Why do players want these things?
2: What impact will it have putting these things on sale or in a promo?

The biggest problem I see is that the product managers are selling product for a job market they know nothing about.

Back in the old days, when you had more staff per game, the product managers had more time to log into the game, talk to players directly, and learn the game at least a little bit, browsing the stalls or auction to get a feel for prices and needs/wants of the players.

Let's put it into perspective:

Your shopping for a new appliance, and the salesperson you meet listens and then tries to sell you a certain model without really listening to you. Let's face it, this happens to all of us at some point. You want this salesperson to listen to your budget, your wants and needs, and provide you with the product best for you.

AGE product managers are those kind of salespeople. They sell products not knowing much about the product. DOMO for example, costumes sell for an AP amount equal to at least 1 million gold in game, but costumes sell in game for 500k or less. People don't buy costumes from the item mall, they get them from promos. They don't sell, and the product manager doesn't want to adjust the price because they have no idea how it would effect in-game market on costumes. Quite frankly, I don't think they care, as I'm sure they are overworked and under-payed.

If AGE's primary focus is on profit, they (as a company) know little about the economics customer service.

To sum it all up, these things need to happen for AGE to earn back a reputation of good standing.

1: Hire more staff to help deal with the remaining customers you have left. We pay your bills, don't mistreat us, we have crappy landlords for that. Don't be a crappy landlord.

2: Have your product managers focus solely on one game (maybe two), learn it's market demographics, understand the game and the community to be able to provide outstanding product management. Sell what sells well, with minimal trial and error. Failed promotions cost you, not us. Remember that. Also, promotions rarely work twice, your product managers need to stop recycling when they are pressed for time.

3: Be careful about rebates. They encourage players to spend more AP, but it's AP devoid of value. Re-used AP doesn't put money in your bank account. Too many rebates and in amounts too large let some players qualify for a future promotion with little to no further money out of pocket. Had it been a promo worth spending a paycheck on, that's your dollar out the window.

4: Stop yielding such a heavy hand. This website and these games you host are your domain, but to be harsh dictators silencing the voice of the people is not the best way to keep order. People have a right to voice their opinion, if it's negative, find out why. Nine times out of ten their is a valid reason, do your best to correct it instead of silencing the players and telling them everything is peachy. Word of mouth is one of the strongest weapons in the world.

You may already know these things, but heed my words, and hopefully put them to practice. I may have been harsh, but I mean well. I have faith that AGE can turn this around.

On a side note, DOMO is the warmest and most inviting MMORPG I have ever played. It's truly charming and I hope to be able to enjoy it more in the future.

My name is Economy and I approve this message.

.LittleLady.

Rank 5
.LittleLady.
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:06 pm
alchajmer wrote:
I have no counterarguments nor have I claimed that I was "reasonable".
And there's no need to get personal with someone who gives you free advice.  
and ur the AGE janitor or something ? if 61% of the gamers say AGE is falling down cos of theyr lack to care abt players not only theyr walets , means its very objective ...

Signature removed by GM. - WHY?!?!?!?!?!

Animeniac69

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Aeria "Just" Failing?

Seriously? O_e AGE has been Failing the community for the past 3-5 yrs. period.

seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:48 pm
.LittleLady. wrote:
if 61% of the gamers say AGE is falling down cos of theyr lack to care abt players not only theyr walets , means its very objective ...  

I think you should consider the 11% that voted 2 as well.

Verdx2

Rank 1
Verdx2
PostedMay 30, 2012 11:46 pm
.LittleLady. wrote:
alchajmer wrote:
I have no counterarguments nor have I claimed that I was "reasonable".
And there's no need to get personal with someone who gives you free advice.  
and ur the AGE janitor or something ? if 61% of the gamers say AGE is falling down cos of theyr lack to care abt players not only theyr walets , means its very objective ...  

an I only voted once...

moriann

Rank 0
moriann
PostedMay 31, 2012 1:28 am
-1-

And only because there is no "0" I could choose.

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedMay 31, 2012 1:52 am

Washington Tango Fox?

No, really, what's wrong with you guys?
I think that, after a couple years of criticisms and mostly readable posts, I deserved a single post of Drama. I will avoid blasphemy and insults because I abide to rules, but please suppose some hundred asterisks around.

This is the link to YOUR thread about arena crashes.

And THIS is GMPizza on the issue:
GMPizza wrote:
• Exiting Monster Battle Arena at the end of the battle occasionally, but rarely causes client crash.  

If you don't get how this is insulting to your players, then you should not be allowed to speak to a living creature without parental supervision.

I'm out. Will pay a visit randomly to see if a massive miracle makes Aeria tollerable. Given that I'll be able to login, bans are a weird thing.

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal

soulhunter8826

Rank 0
PostedMay 31, 2012 3:25 am
i gave aeria a 5 for proving to me that they do care and they have improved their customer relations alot and helped me with some things, happy to see these changes, keep up the good work!

server-cariae used to be known as FlipSide xXxSoulHunterxXx and IdidIT oldschool veteran played from beta 2006 to 2011 got a problem with me? take a walk into the arena, dueces