MurderSceneKidz

Rank 0
MurderSceneKidz
PostedMay 22, 2012 5:03 pm
Being a Psychology grad student I appreciate the amount of time and effort put into substantial research

+1

Advertisement

sparkyrd125

Rank 0
sparkyrd125
PostedMay 26, 2012 10:18 pm
well said karma

i was allways the one to step in in such cases when i played it would be nice to see a better show of people willing to put them selves through Hard for whats right but then it would also be nice if more was done by those in power here so we dont have to reach that point where we feel the only justice we will see is the one we make happen

Shalghar

Rank 1
Shalghar
PostedMay 26, 2012 11:23 pm
sparkyrd125 wrote:
well said karma

i was allways the one to step in in such cases when i played it would be nice to see a better show of people willing to put them selves through **** for whats right but then it would also be nice if more was done by those in power here so we dont have to reach that point where we feel the only justice we will see is the one we make happen  

Since the most important kind of help is the one happening on spot, it IS so that players are the only instance that can help fast enough.
Still i agree, not too late after the incident, action must be taken by the authorities...

motodebbie

Rank 0
motodebbie
PostedMay 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Thank you LadyBorderlinex, Great Job

I also Agree with Shalghar, good job
Thank you LadyBorderlinex, this is great you took the time to do this. You put so much into it, I think it will be helpful. Many of us will Appreciate this Wink Looking for Solutions is a good idea and is constructive on a positive for Everyone.

I also read Shalghar's thoughts as well I see his/her points on the topic as good points too Wink

Take Care Everyone Wink

TY Boda,Swift is HAPPY

whisperwillow

Rank 2
whisperwillow
PostedMay 28, 2012 10:05 pm
Awesome Post! Well Said
Cheers Karma

Specter2009

Rank 0
PostedMay 29, 2012 12:45 am
The GM's need to stop being too soft on repeat offenders and make examples out of them by banning them without one or two warnings but instantaniously.

headsprouter

Rank 2
headsprouter
PostedMay 29, 2012 2:26 am

Insulting their individual self in such an aggressive manor that you wish you could step in. There is one problem with this: You can’t.  

Edit: btw, din't read the whole first post, so i might didn't get your quintessence... anyways:

You can! Idk how it is handeled in the USA but in Germany it's a Criminal Act at some point...
I heard of more than 1 case where "mental violence" caused suicide, depressions and so on.
May sound a bit stupid & hard, but if it turns very violent, why not contact the law/police/etc when GMs, GSs and Community can't help?!

Morovarana

Rank 0
PostedMay 29, 2012 3:41 am
tbh, i've never really had an issue with bullies in game, or otherwise, so my perspective may be that of an outsider.. but my opinion is this: unless the intimidation/bullying/etc starts involving non-game insults, mention, or use of non-game aspects of the person's life, why try to aggravate, and most likely ruin, the social mechanics and dynamic of lc? honestly people, if it's only directly game related, level, ask a guildie to help handle it, pk, kos, etc. The fact is, PVP based MMOs are like being thrown into highschool. you've got the drama, the waaah waaah, the intimidation, bullying, fighting, etc, but you know what? whether you will admit it or not, unless this is your very first mmo, you joined because you, to some extent, enjoy THAT environment. yes, i know players have been lost over bullying, and yes i know the mean words on the screen hurt some people's feelings, but the best advice i, or anyone else, can possibly give you is this: Detach yourself. it's a game. Trust me, i know a good number of you will not agree with me, or my opinion on the matter, but it is what it is. GMs, GSes, or anyone else for that matter, CAN NOT protect you from the arrogant kid, the guy who just had a bad day, or the dbag living off mommy and daddy who buys so much ap he feels entitled and impervious to punishment(which alot of them are) who come on just to run their mouths. it cant be done, and you shouldn't expect it to be done. you want to play a game where negative people dont exist? go play CareBears Online, the MMO where you get good boy/good girl points for all the nice flowery things you say to all your friends and you level by saying please (not a real game. not advertising). otherwise, accept things as they are currently, and just start KOS'ing those who take it too far, refuse to sell to them, dont let them in your parties for certain things, no cps, no solos, socially cut them off. <== this will cut down on the verbal abuse more than anything, and the fact people would rather get upset and head to the forums just shows laziness or unwillingness to do something about it yourselves (not directed at any individual).

other than that, nice post ladyb, but i wouldn't call it a dire issue untill the aggressor begins insulting the person, not the chr/toon. when they start going for digs at your rl, appearance, aspects of your non-game life, THEN and ONLY THEN is it a dire issue, in my opinion.

Remember, Detach.

need a sig made. ;) like alot of things, im trading the old one in for a better quality one. If i offend you, Do not message me, I'll only refer you to Mr. Stephen Fry

DevinWT

Rank 4
DevinWT
PostedAug 23, 2012 8:41 pm
Well said and well needed.

We need more people to stand up for the people getting, as you said, berated. You could be a that person's hero for making the insult-thrower stop, and even save their life.

InfamousAngel

Rank 0
InfamousAngel
PostedOct 17, 2012 3:47 pm
My sista used to play EE then met this guy and keep stalking her lol (in game) she's too creeped out to play anymoar