madraven

Rank 0
madraven
PostedAug 07, 2012 9:20 am

Ignite

Hate it
I absolutely hate this ignite. First of all, I never downloaded it, I automatically came with Last Chaos when I had to reinstall the game due to hard drive crash. I resent the fact that it is required to load LC and it takes up to much of system resources. Why do we need a launcher to launch a launcher?. This is by far the dumbest thing that aeria has done and believe me when I tell you that you people have done some really stupid $%#* in the past.

I want it off my computer and very tempted to delete all of your games and leave.
Advertisement

majeed416

Rank 0
PostedAug 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Is there a loot box for browser games?

SkyRaven91

Rank 0
SkyRaven91
PostedAug 08, 2012 10:30 am
I personally don't care for this. I have my own manual method for organizing my games. In fact I prefer to keep all of my games on a secondary internal drive away from my prime OS. What I don't want is another Steam wannabe downloading my games and putting them in places I don't want it to.

What I want is to be able to download is just the install shield .exe file for the game. Because I tend to archive them for future instillation so I would not have to wait for the download again. Right now some of the games don't do that anymore.

The Aeria installer downloads the game then immediately installs the game without me ever seeing the .exe file. I hate that! I really hate that! BEcause I don't know if the installer will automatically delete the file when its down extracting its contents or if it would just leave it in a temp folder somewhere I will never find.

I honestly prefer Torrents. They're much more efficient when it comes down to people downloading this stuff in bulk. And on the plus side, you actually get to control how much bandwidth the download can use. I've had major problems in the past where Aeria down loaders and especially Pando Media Booster would max out my bandwidth at 2mbps and I could do nothing about it.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedAug 15, 2012 12:53 pm
We need an aeria ignite chat and chat room function. Possibly tied into the shout box if you wish to go that in depth. It makes it easier for people and teams to use aeria ignite to communicate and work together, of course with aeria's tos and game rules.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedAug 16, 2012 7:23 am
I really don't like ignite and I hate even more the pushes that are being made to try and force everyone to use it.

Why I will never use ignite until I can absolutely no longer avoid it:
  • Terrible response times. The app is laggy as heck
  • Ninja-installation of Akamai. If you're going to try to steal our bandwidth to help with game distribution, at least let us know first
  • Overall completely pointless to have. Just what the heck is the point of having a launcher to launch a launcher?

Until the program itself is vastly improved in functionality, stability and actual purpose, I will not be using Akamai and it remains completely firewalled off on my system, never to be touched.

<center></center>

misaamane21

Rank 0
misaamane21
PostedSep 09, 2012 7:12 pm
I hate it is worthless and only creates proplems ive never had a proplem before and now i cant download a thing and yes my secuirty settings should be cuasing a proplem because i tried disabling them all and still fail to download. I think it needs to be removed and the old way of download and installling to be put back.

yaoi and anime is the keys of reality fear will devour you hate will consuome you what is there to fear there is just one of you and one of others fight without fear.

ValorVin

Rank 0
ValorVin
PostedSep 15, 2012 4:28 pm

We need an aeria ignite chat and chat room function. Possibly tied into the shout box if you wish to go that in depth. It makes it easier for people and teams to use aeria ignite to communicate and work together, of course with aeria's tos and game rules.

so in other words you want to eat up more resources such as bandwidth and Memory as well make us update a piece of trash software that clearly nobody likes?

I mean not to sound rude more so to a game sage but are you out of your mind?

I really hate AI as it causes Eden eternal to lag heavily even the log in is lag heavy*.

I never had any problems with the game until I was forced to down load this piece of trash software just to play that game.

makes me glad the only other game I play through Aeria is Grand fantaisa and one of my favorite net games.

Anyways AI should have been an option but not forced on us.

[*] note: no it is not the PC as I can play any game other then EE with out any lag problems what so ever because they do not use AI in order to play.

wow I am not the only one?

Hey Aeria you even reading this? it seems many people do not like it at all so maybe you should do something about AI like trash it and allow us to play like normal?

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedSep 16, 2012 4:41 am
ValorVin wrote:

so in other words you want to eat up more resources such as bandwidth and Memory as well make us update a piece of trash software that clearly nobody likes?

I mean not to sound rude more so to a game sage but are you out of your mind?

I really hate AI as it causes Eden eternal to lag heavily even the log in is lag heavy*.

I never had any problems with the game until I was forced to down load this piece of trash software just to play that game.

makes me glad the only other game I play through Aeria is Grand fantaisa and one of my favorite net games.

Anyways AI should have been an option but not forced on us.

[*] note: no it is not the PC as I can play any game other then EE with out any lag problems what so ever because they do not use AI in order to play.

wow I am not the only one?

Hey Aeria you even reading this? it seems many people do not like it at all so maybe you should do something about AI like trash it and allow us to play like normal?  

Try EA's Origin, you'll love aeria ignite. Very Happy I am not offended, but instead of criticizing the program, why don't we instead make suggestions on how things can be fixed with aeria ignite since no matter how much people demand it die, I seriously doubt aeria will kill it. EA Download Manager now called EA Origin and Steam clients are an example that these are the future.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedSep 16, 2012 4:43 am
LordRapthorne wrote:
I really don't like ignite and I hate even more the pushes that are being made to try and force everyone to use it.

Why I will never use ignite until I can absolutely no longer avoid it:
  • Terrible response times. The app is laggy as heck
  • Ninja-installation of Akamai. If you're going to try to steal our bandwidth to help with game distribution, at least let us know first
  • Overall completely pointless to have. Just what the heck is the point of having a launcher to launch a launcher?

Until the program itself is vastly improved in functionality, stability and actual purpose, I will not be using Akamai and it remains completely firewalled off on my system, never to be touched.  

[*]Ninja-installation of Akamai. If you're going to try to steal our bandwidth to help with game distribution, at least let us know first <<agrees. Does not like secret installations of programs on my computer, especially ones that refuse to die. Half tempted to suggest akamai being put on the antivirus list and block list and list all of it's secret locations. Twisted Evil

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedSep 16, 2012 9:48 am
I just repeat what I said back in May when we were first asked for feedback here.

With regard to ignite we did discuss this in LC forums and I will repeat what I said there.
I do not want this forced upon me. I do want to use LC download on site as have never had any issues with it and much prefer using it rather than alternate downloads. However I want the option to download my game without ignite.

Give both options. Seems very simple to me. Then players can choose whether to have with or without ignite. Forcing this on people is just not right and also having players go to alternate downloads rather than the official which some prefer, is also not right.