Author Message

Nathaniel222

Rank 0
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
29
Location
Germany
PostedMay 17, 2012 3:20 pm
raedrin wrote:
@ Nathaniel (no quotes on aeria mobile)

I think the issue with using dgns to level is not necessarily for people preferring to play solo. Some ppl do like to solo ofc, but in my experience, most ppl tend to solo dgns simply for the reason that most of the playerbase does it and they want to keep up. If you are levelling with friends for example, and they all choose to dgn level, would u want to be left behind? Casual players dgn grind to reach the cap without having to spend as much time in game; hardcore players dgn grind to race to the top.

As for me, I agree with you that mmo's are about party play. I personally find dgn grinding to be extremely boring if I'm doing it solo; i'd much rather grind GQs and reps until I pass out. But I still ran manor 8 million times with a bard from 57-60 (w/o slidecasting tho and b4 the BM nerf) so that I could reach 60 faster and run the lvl 60 trials with my guild.

On another note, getting many classes capped can be an important part of post-60 builds, for the certs and CE bonuses. That's mostly a more hardcore player thing though.

And finally, there is the issue of making money in-game. Because sadly, no matter how many reps I do in a day, it wouldn't get me nearly as much money as dgn soloing for a few hours would. EE can be very demanding gear-wise after lvl 60; even sooner for tanks and healers. And getting gear is just expensive :< for some lvl 60+ dgns, if the party isn't geared, be it the tank, healers, or dps, you'll get destroyed. Crafting is expensive and risky, gems cost a ton, and ap items like safety stones and chisels to enhance gear further cost tons. TONS, lol. If players don't buy ap, making that money is harder to do. Sure you can craft or merchant, but even then you need money to start. Dungeon soloing, whether you slidecast or not, is a good way to make that money.

And finally, and sry for the wall of text, but I always have an issue when players say that classes aren't meant to solo non 1P dgns. Forget about slidecasting, I'm not saying that ppl who slidecast should be able to solo. But ppl who DON'T slidecast, and can solo anyway b/c of their gear, have every right to solo whatever the heck they want imo. If a tank is op enough to pull half a dgn without a healer and live, then kudos to him. If a dps, be it a mage, cleric, theif, samurai, ranger, what have you, has the gears to do enough dmg to kill mobs their lvl b4 they get to them, then good for them. I'd say that's an achievement, to be well-geared enough to be able to walk into a dgn of your level and kill the mobs solo b/c you are strong enough to do so WITHOUT resorting to slidecasting. Just my opinion. Maybe it sounds a little elitist, but think of it as me saying that a rich person should be able to buy whatever they want, without resorting to like, a payment plan or something lol (bad analogy but hopefully it makes sense).  


Dude, some imagination please. I will make it short:

- Make dungeons impossible to solo (no matter how good your gear is)
- Raise money dropping inside of dungeons
- Raise the daily reward for dungeons on higher levels from those ridicoulus ~15g to f.e. ~50g

Result = people will look for parties ALL the time. You need money? Look for a party!

You can't get all 14 classes to max level? So what? Make a decision on which certs you really need. That will bring some variety to the table rather than everyone has every certificate.
Advertisement

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
Joined
04 Apr 2009
Posts
905
Location
In my magical realm... United States
PostedMay 17, 2012 7:45 pm
O.o ok, some flaws with your logic here...

Aeria/X-legends would never realistically make those changes. Costs too much to do and would comepletely change the gameplay.

Quest reward money was actually nerfed recently. A quest that rewarded 2g now rewards like 500s or so.

With this patch they took out silver drops from monsters that are lower lvl than you. They've also nerfed dgn drop rates in the past.

And make dgns impossible to solo even with gear? Um...no? O.o if they did that then good luck doing with a party lol. Lvl 50 normal dgn = lvl 65 trial difficulty? XD trolololol~

Oh and, I'm a girl o-o so it's dudette if you please ^^

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Nathaniel222

Rank 0
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
29
Location
Germany
PostedMay 18, 2012 5:29 am
raedrin wrote:
O.o ok, some flaws with your logic here...

Aeria/X-legends would never realistically make those changes. Costs too much to do and would comepletely change the gameplay.

Quest reward money was actually nerfed recently. A quest that rewarded 2g now rewards like 500s or so.

With this patch they took out silver drops from monsters that are lower lvl than you. They've also nerfed dgn drop rates in the past.

And make dgns impossible to solo even with gear? Um...no? O.o if they did that then good luck doing with a party lol. Lvl 50 normal dgn = lvl 65 trial difficulty? XD trolololol~

Oh and, I'm a girl o-o so it's dudette if you please ^^  


I am talking about measurements to encourage party play. Nerfing the quest reward for the repeats has nothing to do with this because some people obviously kept grinding those and made too much money out of it. This is the same reason why they took out the silver drops for lower dungeons. To prevent people from solo grinding for 10 hours a day. People who are crying about this change are simply pathetic in my opinion. That shows that they were depending on this way to make money rather than giving Aeria hints/suggestions on how to improve their gaming experience.

You still lack the imagination dudette. Can't you really think of any simple implentation to stop solo runs? How about adding some ranged mobs? Give every crowd 1 or 2 ranged attacking mobs and let's see how our solo runners will handle it now when keeping distance becomes pointless. One more time:

- Add more ranged mobs into dungeons (which will make it pretty much impossible to solo it)
- Raise money dropping inside of dungeons
- Raise the daily (!!!) reward for dungeons on higher levels

Alternative: Do not divide the XP gained from mobs in dungeons by amount of players. You get the same amount of XP by solo killing a mob as by killing it with 5 people. Simple change, big effect.

What would be the outcome of those changes? People will look for parties to make money and finally play together. Gameplay balance almost untouched. Effects on the economy of the game are unpredictable, but I refuse to accept that farming dungeons solo is a) supposed to be part of the game and b) the best solution possible.

I agree with you. Aeria wouldn't have the balls to make such drastic changes. Feel free to point out the "flaws", but I would prefer if you think about solutions instead of talking suggestions dead.

Meiji_

Rank 0
Meiji_
Joined
07 Nov 2008
Posts
112
Location
Korea, North
PostedMay 18, 2012 1:19 pm
@Nathaniel222

You do realize that you can solo with knight and blade dancer, right? Just to name a few classes that don't actually keep any distance from mobs when soloing.

Nathaniel222

Rank 0
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
29
Location
Germany
PostedMay 18, 2012 3:01 pm
Meiji_ wrote:
@Nathaniel222

You do realize that you can solo with knight and blade dancer, right? Just to name a few classes that don't actually keep any distance from mobs when soloing.  


Nope I don't. I'm a noob who just hit his first level 60 character and is completely dissappointed with how the game develops. It became harder n harder to find parties since level 50 and at level 60 it's simply absurd. I have seen 1 (!!!) party request since I hit level 60 3 or 4 days ago. On the other hand I saw dozens of "WTB/WTS/Trade Sturm runs".

From my feeling most people use engis to solo dungeons which means it is probably the easiest way, without the need of super duper equip. Adding ranged mobs would simply destroy this way of soloing without having a big impact on the balance. You are the expert, think of a solution to do the rest. There is no reason to accept game mechanics as they are. This here is a forum. Power up your brain cells and debate.

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong if an MMORPG rewards the people who play "alone"?

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
Joined
07 Feb 2010
Posts
2340
Location
The Love Shack United States
PostedMay 18, 2012 3:20 pm
Nathaniel222 wrote:
Meiji_ wrote:
@Nathaniel222

You do realize that you can solo with knight and blade dancer, right? Just to name a few classes that don't actually keep any distance from mobs when soloing.  


Nope I don't. I'm a noob who just hit his first level 60 character and is completely dissappointed with how the game develops. It became harder n harder to find parties since level 50 and at level 60 it's simply absurd. I have seen 1 (!!!) party request since I hit level 60 3 or 4 days ago. On the other hand I saw dozens of "WTB/WTS/Trade Sturm runs".

From my feeling most people use engis to solo dungeons which means it is probably the easiest way, without the need of super duper equip. Adding ranged mobs would simply destroy this way of soloing without having a big impact on the balance. You are the expert, think of a solution to do the rest. There is no reason to accept game mechanics as they are. This here is a forum. Power up your brain cells and debate.

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong if an MMORPG rewards the people who play "alone"?  
If you would like others to "power up their brain cells and debate" I think it would be wise if you took out such statements as
Nathaniel222 wrote:
People who are crying about this change are simply pathetic in my opinion. That shows that they were depending on this way to make money rather than giving Aeria hints/suggestions on how to improve their gaming experience.  

Calling someone "pathetic" generally ruins the whole concept of a mature debate since you are throwing out facts and substituting them with personal insults that you mask as opinions.

I don't know if you're new to Aeria/X-Legends but a lot of us have been giving suggestions/feedback concerning gaming experience for a very long time. Problem is, Aeria has no control over this and X-Legends will only make a change if it increases their paychecks. I applaud you for taking the time to give out suggestions to better Eden Eternal as it shows you care for this game and it's gameplay, but there's no need to insult others because of their play style.


[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
Joined
04 Apr 2009
Posts
905
Location
In my magical realm... United States
PostedMay 18, 2012 4:05 pm
And if I may point out~

If you've ever run sturm, you'd know that there are ranged mobs, who will stand still and fire 3k-5k normal hits and 6k+ crits (unless you're a tank with def).

Also, tons of people choose to lvl by grinding in sturm in parties. They usually consist of a tank, cleric, illu, and two aoe dps classes like mage or samurai or engi. The parties kill all the mobs and skip the bosses. Rinse and repeat.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

donteharrispc

Rank 0
Joined
09 Jan 2012
Posts
4
Location
United States
PostedMay 18, 2012 5:47 pm
The problem is not with soloing dungeons. That's apart of the game, as in many online games. Trying to encourage party play is totally opposite than implementing a form of restriction that could possibly hinder players to further progress their character. Soloing will always exist - let's face it, much is needed for in-game currency with a gap between AP buyers and non-AP buyers. Soloing, farming, and grinding repeatable/dailies fill in those gaps, making AP items more in demand to the population. Your option in making solo play less viable will not take in the advantage of inequality, but could possibly hurt Eden Eternal in the long run. In reality, Grinding, farming, and soloing (with slide-cast or without) is lucrative and becomes more of an option past lvl 59 - due to the nature of having to be properly geared with resistance (rings, enchants, etc) for dungeons, trials and end-game PvP - 3v3 and TW (that's already hugely imbalanced between the quantity in guilds and player gear). Simple way to increase party play: Increase daily out-put for dungeons and/or add another currency for completing a dungeon such as honor points (for prizes, equips- maybe PvE gear, etc ). So, completing the actual dungeon is more of a profit and more of an endeavor to redo over and over again with a random or organized party.

Slide-casting in general isn't the problem. The problem is: That it game-breaks melee classes from attacking due to "target to far" and Engineer glitch having (inputs) disallowing all forms of animation to all skills upon entering dungeon. Making slide-casting less feasible in grinding is ultimately not the problem. Not everyone will have high EVA, Hp regen rings, and orange/yellow gear to stand there and spam attacks. Then again, you need a lot of money to do that in the first place.

Nathaniel222

Rank 0
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
29
Location
Germany
PostedMay 18, 2012 8:03 pm
LoveLovey wrote:
Nathaniel222 wrote:
Meiji_ wrote:
@Nathaniel222

You do realize that you can solo with knight and blade dancer, right? Just to name a few classes that don't actually keep any distance from mobs when soloing.  


Nope I don't. I'm a noob who just hit his first level 60 character and is completely dissappointed with how the game develops. It became harder n harder to find parties since level 50 and at level 60 it's simply absurd. I have seen 1 (!!!) party request since I hit level 60 3 or 4 days ago. On the other hand I saw dozens of "WTB/WTS/Trade Sturm runs".

From my feeling most people use engis to solo dungeons which means it is probably the easiest way, without the need of super duper equip. Adding ranged mobs would simply destroy this way of soloing without having a big impact on the balance. You are the expert, think of a solution to do the rest. There is no reason to accept game mechanics as they are. This here is a forum. Power up your brain cells and debate.

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong if an MMORPG rewards the people who play "alone"?  
If you would like others to "power up their brain cells and debate" I think it would be wise if you took out such statements as
Nathaniel222 wrote:
People who are crying about this change are simply pathetic in my opinion. That shows that they were depending on this way to make money rather than giving Aeria hints/suggestions on how to improve their gaming experience.  

Calling someone "pathetic" generally ruins the whole concept of a mature debate since you are throwing out facts and substituting them with personal insults that you mask as opinions.

I don't know if you're new to Aeria/X-Legends but a lot of us have been giving suggestions/feedback concerning gaming experience for a very long time. Problem is, Aeria has no control over this and X-Legends will only make a change if it increases their paychecks. I applaud you for taking the time to give out suggestions to better Eden Eternal as it shows you care for this game and it's gameplay, but there's no need to insult others because of their play style.  


I did not "insult" others because of their play style. I "insulted" them for crying about a change that was absolutely logical. To set the record straight.

Millenia

Rank 0
Millenia
Joined
08 Jan 2007
Posts
66
Location
Barnsley United Kingdom
PostedMay 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Everyone has a different aspect about this game which they enjoy and thus keeps them here.

Some people don't want to party up and do dungeons.
Some people don't want to solo grind in dungeons.
Some people like having repeatable parties.
Some people like being able to earn gold by themselves in a timely manner.

Etc.

More and more of these options are being cut down with each new update. This loses players, because what they once enjoyed doing and kept them playing - they can no longer do.

A players style or opinion is not pathetic, and it certainly doesn't equate to "crying". There is a lot more in the world than your opinions and what you find logical.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: