raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedMay 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Awakened weapons are basically the upgraded versions of the lvl 65 gold weapons. So its kinda like blue > orange >gold >awakened. It's only for lvl 65 though.

The main differences are btwn gold and awakened are:

Increased stats. Particularly aa huge boost to patk/matk.

Bonus to the proc/weapon bonus. Like say if a weapon normally has like a cast speed proc, it might get like, say passive decrease of mp cost or something (not an actual example from a weapon I made this example up to explain what could happen hypotheticially)

A new look. The awakened weapons look...so amazingly epic. Like the staff +_+

Only catch is that there is only 1 awakened weapon per weapon type. So say you have two gold staves, the mcrit dmg one and cast spd one. Only the mcrit dmg one can become an awakened weapon.

Also there's another post about them somwhere on the forums if you can find it..

If you want to see the stats for them all, you'll have to look at the FNO wiki (bring google translate with you lol)

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

Rygara

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Rygara
PostedMay 15, 2012 10:17 am

The new back piece reminds me of the back piece on Love Machine from the anime Summer Wars.

Also, it's good to get a clarification on those two issues.

davell135

Rank 2
davell135
PostedMay 15, 2012 3:09 pm
for ppl talking about the arena issue, since there isn't an official punishment for afk, (jus discouragement as the new currency is for winners only), a good thing to do is just play with classes that do better at arena. coughyustillmeleecough. no banshere, so jus fight fire with fire.

plus the new currency for winners only will boost the incentive to be more play to win in arena.
u may end up with a afker and maybe that slide cast will be the only thing enabling you to win that last round before arena is shut down for another 2 hours. yes, that afker will be leeching but what can u do bout dat?

monster arena : take out range monsters or make all monsters range? otherwise range > non range 4eva

life isn't fair. i believe that saying can be justly applied to ee arena =D

Nathaniel222

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2012 3:18 pm
Hope slide casting gets fixed. It's annoying in PVE and PVP. You don't find any parties for dungeons if you hit level 60 because everyone prefers to level the engi slide casting way. MMORPGs should encourage people to play together... :/

WTB runs and WTS runs is all you hear in the peer channel.

coles1

Rank 0
coles1
PostedMay 16, 2012 6:04 pm
davell135 wrote:
for ppl talking about the arena issue, since there isn't an official punishment for afk, (jus discouragement as the new currency is for winners only), a good thing to do is just play with classes that do better at arena. coughyustillmeleecough. no banshere, so jus fight fire with fire.

plus the new currency for winners only will boost the incentive to be more play to win in arena.
u may end up with a afker and maybe that slide cast will be the only thing enabling you to win that last round before arena is shut down for another 2 hours. yes, that afker will be leeching but what can u do bout dat?

monster arena : take out range monsters or make all monsters range? otherwise range > non range 4eva

life isn't fair. i believe that saying can be justly applied to ee arena =D  

coughsomepplneedmeleeclassmedalscough

anyway, telling people to just not play melee classes is NOT a solution.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMay 16, 2012 6:14 pm
Nathaniel222 wrote:
Hope slide casting gets fixed. It's annoying in PVE and PVP. You don't find any parties for dungeons if you hit level 60 because everyone prefers to level the engi slide casting way. MMORPGs should encourage people to play together... :/

I'll admit that runs are an effective method for leveling up, but this is exactly what I've been seeing as well. I have not figured out slidecasting and not planning to do so (runs seem repeatable for me and repetition is a pain for me) but I think there should be greater incentive to encourage PARTY runs through dungeons rather than engi/cleric/etc. runs. Once again, it's difficult to find party members while the majority of dgn/trial-related chat is related to selling runs. Not everyone has money even in the 60s+....just my thoughts on this.

Elfboy76

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2012 7:47 pm
Nathaniel222 wrote:

by getting rid of that it will cause a handful of poeple to quit because the lvling either takes them to long or theres gonna be to great of a differnce between ap buyers and non ap buyers and you can do engi runs with out the slide cast or engi bug anyways:p just need a 25+ move speed which u can get with just holy kings badge and ranger cert or 2 other procs:P but that being sad i like that things like sturm around me being an ap buyer makes it easier for me to get classes that i dont like lvld up i can buy runs and get 65 in those classes in a matter of askish time:P i think they shoudl get rid of the bug because with out a solo lvl way this game will just die anyways:P

Nathaniel222

Rank 0
PostedMay 17, 2012 2:11 am
Elfboy76 wrote:
Nathaniel222 wrote:

by getting rid of that it will cause a handful of poeple to quit because the lvling either takes them to long or theres gonna be to great of a differnce between ap buyers and non ap buyers and you can do engi runs with out the slide cast or engi bug anyways:p just need a 25+ move speed which u can get with just holy kings badge and ranger cert or 2 other procs:P but that being sad i like that things like sturm around me being an ap buyer makes it easier for me to get classes that i dont like lvld up i can buy runs and get 65 in those classes in a matter of askish time:P i think they shoudl get rid of the bug because with out a solo lvl way this game will just die anyways:P  

If peoples motivation to play a game relies on whether they can abuse a bug or not, then I don't see a problem with those people leaving. And for aeria it shouldn't be a problem either, since those people leaving will be compensated by other people staying because slide casting was fixed (like me). Nobody can say which decision will lead to a higher player base, so we shouldn't be pretending to know the answer.

Just like I said: my motivation in MMOPRGs is to play together. If I am not able to find a party to do a dungeon the way it's ment to be, then I lose a big part of my motivation. And why do you keep crying about the hard leveling? I don't find it hard and I didn't do a single engi run. I got almost 10k CE and I am fine with that. You would just have to get rid of the idea leveling every class to 65. So what?

Dungeons aren't supposed to be soloed by any class. That is how the game was designed. That is why you can chose to enter a 1-player dungeon to complete your quest. You want to do some soloing? Play Diablo 3.

EndlessLullaby

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
EndlessLullaby
PostedMay 17, 2012 6:30 am
Well since we cannot punish them... Confused
I guess this will do good.

Thanks for the clarification.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedMay 17, 2012 1:14 pm
@ Nathaniel (no quotes on aeria mobile)

I think the issue with using dgns to level is not necessarily for people preferring to play solo. Some ppl do like to solo ofc, but in my experience, most ppl tend to solo dgns simply for the reason that most of the playerbase does it and they want to keep up. If you are levelling with friends for example, and they all choose to dgn level, would u want to be left behind? Casual players dgn grind to reach the cap without having to spend as much time in game; hardcore players dgn grind to race to the top.

As for me, I agree with you that mmo's are about party play. I personally find dgn grinding to be extremely boring if I'm doing it solo; i'd much rather grind GQs and reps until I pass out. But I still ran manor 8 million times with a bard from 57-60 (w/o slidecasting tho and b4 the BM nerf) so that I could reach 60 faster and run the lvl 60 trials with my guild.

On another note, getting many classes capped can be an important part of post-60 builds, for the certs and CE bonuses. That's mostly a more hardcore player thing though.

And finally, there is the issue of making money in-game. Because sadly, no matter how many reps I do in a day, it wouldn't get me nearly as much money as dgn soloing for a few hours would. EE can be very demanding gear-wise after lvl 60; even sooner for tanks and healers. And getting gear is just expensive :< for some lvl 60+ dgns, if the party isn't geared, be it the tank, healers, or dps, you'll get destroyed. Crafting is expensive and risky, gems cost a ton, and ap items like safety stones and chisels to enhance gear further cost tons. TONS, lol. If players don't buy ap, making that money is harder to do. Sure you can craft or merchant, but even then you need money to start. Dungeon soloing, whether you slidecast or not, is a good way to make that money.

And finally, and sry for the wall of text, but I always have an issue when players say that classes aren't meant to solo non 1P dgns. Forget about slidecasting, I'm not saying that ppl who slidecast should be able to solo. But ppl who DON'T slidecast, and can solo anyway b/c of their gear, have every right to solo whatever the heck they want imo. If a tank is op enough to pull half a dgn without a healer and live, then kudos to him. If a dps, be it a mage, cleric, theif, samurai, ranger, what have you, has the gears to do enough dmg to kill mobs their lvl b4 they get to them, then good for them. I'd say that's an achievement, to be well-geared enough to be able to walk into a dgn of your level and kill the mobs solo b/c you are strong enough to do so WITHOUT resorting to slidecasting. Just my opinion. Maybe it sounds a little elitist, but think of it as me saying that a rich person should be able to buy whatever they want, without resorting to like, a payment plan or something lol (bad analogy but hopefully it makes sense).

Posted By Aeria Mobile