Sighborg88

Aeria: Product Manager
Sighborg88
PostedMay 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Community Update 5/10

Hey Everyone,

I thought it was time for a quick update for everyone on some things going on in EE!

Topic #1: AFK Players in Arena

To clarify, this is not currently a bannable offense. However, we discourage going afk while playing Arena. It ruins the gameplay experience for others. Arena is already very short, is it that much to ask to play it?

Additionally, we are working with X-Legend on solutions for this problem. We will provide additional details when they are ready.

Teaser:
A new currency will be added to EE soon. This currency can be earned in the Arena, but only if you win! A bit hard to win if you're AFK.

Topic #2: Slidecasting

Also to clarify, this is not currently a bannable offense. But this is also something we discourage and we are exploring options with X-Legend to make this a less feasible option for grinding.

And no, we will not be adding a cast time to oil bomb.

Content Teaser
O.o?

If you have any questions about these topics, or any other issues not mentioned here, please post in this thread.
Advertisement

Dash612

Rank 4
Dash612
PostedMay 10, 2012 9:54 pm
You should focus on making slide casting less feasible for pvp, not pve

Wujiaxin

Rank 0
PostedMay 10, 2012 9:59 pm
Can GM clarify. are we going to get awakening weapon or not? cause there is rumour.... we gona get awakening weapon. and some said we are not gona get it. Very Happy So please can u clarify this ? thanks Very Happy

Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:05 pm
Thanks Sighborg, I'm glad you clarified this, very glad.

LostSensei

Rank 1
LostSensei
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:08 pm
o/ nice, want that back piece xD

As for the info, would be nice if those players actually looked on forums...
Though still nice to know we trying to fix the probs.

sang06

GameSage: Forum
sang06
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:09 pm
Thank you, Sighborg. Was appreciated of you clarifying this. And now players won't have to wonder: "Are you going to do anything about the AFKers"

What is signature, etc.

zylro

Rank 0
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:10 pm
There is already the honor stars "currency" for winning, (and i guess losing as well) in arena.. why is there a need for another one? I hope that is not a solution for solving the afk in arena problem

ohai

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Thank you so much, glad to have an official post to quote for this.

Much appreciated.

SolunaFate37

Rank 0
SolunaFate37
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:17 pm
ooooo shiny circle-

I-I mean, would it be possible to put this up on the launcher for the game? More people would have a chance at seeing it if it was there.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMay 10, 2012 10:56 pm
STRICTLY my opinion, but if a new currency is involved for only the winners, I'm pretty sure that currency can be invested into something really special, such as possibly the things required for Awakened weapons. Again, this is my opinion. But right now in light of all other ideas in the forums that I've seen, these are the only plausible items I can think of that the new currency could be worth for.

The only idea that could defeat this for me is perhaps that since Awakened Weapons are for lvl 65s then some level 30s and 40s may earn enough by the time they hit cap to be able to get their weapons faster.

Again, this is all opinion. ><

And thank you Sighborg for giving us the heads-up!