Katieaka

Rank 0
PostedMay 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Full wis?

Im lv 15 and full wis hard mode..i want to have awesome heals..should i continue to add all wis? i heard that all wis is stupid now because it isn't needed? so what should i do? i plan to link life lapis when i get some for hp..
Advertisement

morygian

Rank 3
morygian
PostedMay 09, 2012 12:09 am
You need REC and WIS for pvp. I have a 30 HM priest and my build is half REC half WIS. It works very well. I heal good and have a good defense. I did the same thing when I was lvl 60 then 70 on my former hm priest. Not sure it can work for 15 pvp so let's wait for some proelium pvpers feedback.

Katieaka

Rank 0
PostedMay 09, 2012 12:24 am
i dont plan to Pvp. But i think you have to in the high levels map..so i do need rec..how much? do i need to add now?

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMay 09, 2012 2:30 am
For strictly PvE purposes, you shouldn't need any Rec if you have no plans other than to heal. Sometimes you get caught in the muck of AoE damage or stray aggro and in those situations, high HP will probably grant better protection (as long as you take hits infrequently).

However, there's really no harm in investing in some Rec for PvE. It's a safe way to build a character. Your heals are still very strong with a Rec/Wis stat split and in later levels, things like heal over time and dispelling (both not requiring Wis for effect) become higher priority than your base Healing spell.

Rec is also very useful if you get delegated to a tank role in a party. It's not uncommon. Oracles/Priests make good tanks, so sometimes it's even expected.

morygian

Rank 3
morygian
PostedMay 09, 2012 4:52 am
Katieaka wrote:
i dont plan to Pvp. But i think you have to in the high levels map..so i do need rec..how much? do i need to add now?  

My bad, I read "lvl 15" so thought you wanted to pvp. For PVE I would suggest you 5 WIS 2 REC. That's I did for lvling till lvl 60.

Katieaka

Rank 0
PostedMay 09, 2012 11:30 am
ok.. thanks i add the missing rec and continue to add Smile

FlutePro

Rank 2
FlutePro
PostedMay 09, 2012 10:44 pm
Honestly, I believe the best build to use is to put WIS until you have a base stat of 200 meaning your white stats, not the yellow. Then go full REC until 70 this. This way if you get struck by an aoe lvling you won't be a one shot wonder, and since you are the healer you need to be able to stay alive. I know from experience that healing especially in the White Sands area of VR you have to stay close to your party because you'll be hit by respawns and it's over. For future reference I went full REC on my UM priest/oracle. Smile you can link WIS into your dagger/staff and into your gear. You'll be set to go! ^_^

<center></center>

completion_0

Rank 0
completion_0
PostedMay 10, 2012 2:38 pm
You can PvP in 70 on a UM full wis, too. Don't be discouraged. No matter builds, UMs typically stay up longer due to self-heal alone.

Though for PvE, I agree that HP is way better than rec to handle the AOE's of some bosses.

People don't use full wis a lot because it lowers your personal survivability when ganged.

I used mostly full REC in PvP while I've played, but recently restatted to full WIS, as I rarely play. It's useful to log in and screw around in a dungeon or something, and is still viable for PvP. Just gotta play smarter.

Also, it's hysterical to spam 10k self-heals.

WingsHearts

Rank 4
WingsHearts
PostedMay 14, 2012 10:00 am
For 70 pvp.
Honestly if you're linked & OJd up, enchants if you wish, there's no reason why you can't play full WIS.
If you know what you're doing with your toon then you'll be fine.
I have done so before, but at the time my router was faulty & being useful full WIS while lag spiking every few seconds & being poked wasn't good for anyone lol.

If you don't want to go completely full WIS work out a happy medium with your heals & defense. If you're a fast potter, and by that I mean orange, yellow & green pots, not just hp, then you shouldn't have to many issues with high WIS & lower defense.
I've found a build I'm happy with for now, WIS/REC mix, 8.1k heals while still having 2.5k defense with guard buffs.

completion_0 wrote:

Also, it's hysterical to spam 10k self-heals.  

This also, full WIS gives me 10.8k self heal. xD

Codex.

Rank 4
Codex.
PostedMay 14, 2012 10:14 am
For 15 pvp full rec is a MUST in my opinion, unless you plan to only link rec and stat wis which makes no sense.. I was full rec with neutral top, rec/wis pants, rec/wis muffler, rec boots, wise/flash dagger, and made a wise set of boots and muffler, and when i was on my set set i healed about... 800 ish, and with wis set i healed... 1.1k ish? For 1-15 you need about 200 wis and 5k hp, for starters.

I know nothing of 30, but when i poked around in goddess i used full rec, and im sure a partial half and half build would be alright here as well if played correctly. I messed around with half and half, and full rec more than wis. Only did wis when absoloutely required, which it isnt for pve. For pve i typically grind with 4 rec 3 wis or some combo of the sort(for hm), if not in good gears, if im in decent gears i go full rec, but in all honesty no healing is nessecary until the 40s in lann/pando, i solo usually until then.

After about PR/VR level, full rec is a must to me even if well geared. in pve, its better to have an orc around longer to heal, than awesome heals and died 1 hit and runs around like a Brilliant(might as well change it now) ant trying to get mobs off of them if they even survive the first hit.

For 70 pvp i personally prefer full rec, or a mixed build if nessecary, which i have used in pvp and rotco... (shh.. they thought i was wis <.<) i strongly dislike full wis unless absoloutely nessecary, which as i stated above, it is not nessecary or ideal for pve.

TL;DR
For pvp, use full rec. If on a budget and plan to grind, use 4 rec 3 wis for HM, or something close to it.