xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 08, 2012 2:21 pm

why ?

o why
Might i ask to aeria why they have decided to release aeria ignite ? An uniform download software is good and handy to share data files, but it's only good if the software itself is good too.

But i'm sorry, it is not. It is barely improved from my last review. ( although i admit that i didn't checked it since 3 months ) and it still contains a lot problems/bugs/errors. Now, this kind of software is still bringing issues to the customer's side. I am also surprised that the information thread - although it's welcome - is not complete. It's sad that you are hiding some things which really can affect the customer experiences.

Do you want an example ? The main concern is that this software is consuming bandwidth because you are using akamai, which is working slightly different from peer to peer softwares. So the customers which has installed this software has a service running which can share information through web access, which consumes bandwidth. Well, there is some information about this, but it is pretty hidden in the LoA text that almost nobody would read. I have found it out after a in-depth try out of this software...

And not to mention that Akamai has brought a lot problems to people which want to download a game. I'm pretty sure that a large part of newest players are experiencing this.
In the past, i have written several feedback concerning this, but no action has been done. I had to redirect people to an alternative download which is mostly out-dated. Even at shaiya and other games, people has contributed to provide a fast and decent download while it's YOUR responsibility.

I'm sorry, but i'm disappointed that you have decided to release this software without testing and ensure that it's working properly.

signature of xybolt
Advertisement

piri1606

Rank 3
PostedMay 08, 2012 2:23 pm
They have nothing to fix or upgrade. So they had to invent something useless, and there you have it.

Dubblew

Rank 4
Dubblew
PostedMay 08, 2012 2:48 pm
AGE wishes to create a good one-in-all software for members, although it isn't working well since there are a lot of members that have been getting lots of errors...

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMay 15, 2012 12:27 am
Ive rather enjoyed the Aeria Ignite program.
And have had 0 issues with it.
disable the uploads in the akamai control panel, and even bandwidth is fine.

people just hate change.
but change is inevitable.
inevitability is the strongest magic of all.

hamishmctavish

Rank 0
PostedMay 27, 2012 10:16 am

ignite is pointless and sux

it is intrusive and annoying. just burn it and stop wasting $$$$ on it. spend your time and $$$$ on fixing your games not inventing more unwanted trash

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMay 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: ignite is pointless and sux

hamishmctavish wrote:
it is intrusive and annoying. just burn it and stop wasting $$$$ on it. spend your time and $$$$ on fixing your games not inventing more unwanted trash  

Aeria cannot fix the games, regardless of how much money they spend. They don't make anything, they just publish it (meaning advertise it, monetize it, and host it)

Aeria Ignite is the only thing they make themselves :3

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 29, 2012 9:59 am
andaro wrote:
Ive rather enjoyed the Aeria Ignite program.
And have had 0 issues with it.
disable the uploads in the akamai control panel, and even bandwidth is fine.  

i don't have problems with it too, i can even turn off the service which starts up automatically at each boot, but i'm more concerned about other users which is having problems with it. Aeria should provide a solid download tool instead of one which doesn't work at surely 1000+ people. ( records from personal and other download offers )

aeria should also realize that it's equal to loosing potential customers

signature of xybolt

OmgSoFluffy

Rank 1
OmgSoFluffy
PostedMay 30, 2012 4:12 am

Re: ignite is pointless and sux

andaro wrote:

Aeria cannot fix the games, regardless of how much money they spend. They don't make anything, they just publish it (meaning advertise it, monetize it, and host it)

Aeria Ignite is the only thing they make themselves :3  

I take it as hoax or joke.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMay 30, 2012 11:47 am
The Only things that would effect someone using Ignite or prevent installation are

(1) Their firewall or security software blocking the installation or connection
(2) Windows UAC if the person is using Windows 7 or Vista, more-so vista than 7
(3) Is on a limited rights computer (see #2) and is not an Admin
(4) Is on a network that does allow torrent type traffic utilized by Akamai
(5) Using a pirated copy of an OS such that they cannot receive Updates necessary to Windows Components that effect some programs
(6) Fail to update, or have installed proper integral parts of Windows OS that are essential to many programs operating today, such as C++ Libraries, .NET, Flash, Java, etc.

All of the Exact same issues that prevent people from using the previous Installers, that Still used Akamai, and they are all due to User Error.

PEBKAC.

torc123

Rank 1
torc123
PostedMay 30, 2012 11:56 am
andaro wrote:
The Only things

not exhaustive