doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedMay 03, 2012 8:31 pm
First off.. shouldn't this be in gen discussion?

Secondly.. WHY?! This isn't going to be very successful.. Why not just throw in a free instant level 80 to every toon 51+ and give them a fully linked set while your at it?
(/ends that rant)

This isn't going to be very good because all it's doing is devaluing the gear in EP6 already. I say just toss the program and give something of equal value for these tokens and let the game go on without interference from this. I want to see the gear farmable without having to buy from the item mall as a secondary option. Not everyone can afford to buy AP or have the money to get AP / ROTCO gear pieces, let alone get the token to upgrade them, buy new lapis LC and hammers to use to link.

The ROTCO gear raffle is a good idea in theory (sorry Arthur bro) but if someone can win more than once then that discourages players from trying to get it.

Advertisement

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedMay 03, 2012 11:04 pm
The goal of the Trinity Transfer Token system is to give the community a chance to retain the value of their current gear sets, and to be able to trade their sets up when new gear arrives. The Shaiya PM Team is very understanding of the concerns around investing in a new set, and the Trinity Transfer Token system is meant to help alleviate these concerns.

The ability to transfer linked lapises and applied enchants to new gear will most definitely address the concerns that we've heard over and over from our community-- That the ROTCO and 70AP sets are "worthless" (because of Shaiya Korea's launch of ep6), and that it will be too costly to invest in a new set later this year (when the US gets ep6). This program gives you the opportunity to collect Transfer Tokens for months, save them, use your current gear in the meantime, and then upgrade your gear immediately when new sets are released with very little lost in the process.

Rekikyo wrote:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=12986879#12986879

Spaznick wrote:
The new gear will be farm-able, we plan on only selling half the pieces in the future, not the whole sets like it is now. This is something we are still ironing out, more details will be provided in the near future. Also, we are targeting a Q3 release or very early Q4 for EP6, we will be posting more on this shortly as well.  

Selling Tops would already equal 3 pieces, and I guarantee you plan on selling helmets for AP, so that would be 4 of 5.

You should really get together with other PM's and iron your wrinkles before breaking the promises of another PM.  

Firstly Amaranth, thank you for not only quoting the post, but for linking it as well.

Please keep in mind that Trinity Transfer Tokens are used to upgrade your current gear to the new set. Just because you have a Token, doesn't mean you have the gear-- you must trade in the piece of your old gear to get the new piece.

Spaznick seems to be saying that in the future, only half of the set will be sold... as in, when the set is released? The other half of the set will not be sold and will be exclusively farmable. That's how I understand this quote, but I will try to clarify with spaznick soon. Also, as you've identified, helms have always been AP items, and likely always will be.

Arthur5174 wrote:
Many of us have spent A LOT to get Rotco gears linked, enchanted, OJ'd just to throw some of the cost of putting these on the gear to the trash in exchange for better gear.  

We have had a lot of similar feedback, which is why this update has come. Players have suggested that exchanging a fully linked set with OJs and enchants for a clean piece of the new gear wasn't a good solution, so we are introducing these new placeholders as a response to that-- so that you can also transfer over linked lapises and GM enchants.

Thanks for the feedback in this thread everyone, let's keep it constructive.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedMay 03, 2012 11:23 pm
If you want to retain value why are ROTCO and AP gear treated as equal? By doing so you are already devaluing ROTCO set. Smile

You say collecting token as if we can find them other than from AP purchases. Is that any different than selling gear for AP? Only now you sell AP gear, token to switch to new set, and token to keep some of the current link or enchants. I know companies sell pre-releases with bonuses for premium prices. I fail to see any concrete bonuses to spend early for this promo.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMay 04, 2012 1:30 am
My biggest issue is these tokens are all essentially "lockout" for the players who actually need them. Who will use them? The people who have [18] Max OJ top gear 1 month after a new episode anyways.

People who complain about remaking sets, typically are ones who can't afford 60k worth of AP expenditure per piece either. Those people who need it the most are going to be left behind.

Another thing is, Korea hasn't got a single 74 drop yet. That means, it's a boss drop, and one you cannot access from day one or even Week 2 of the patch, Much less Beat! In essence, you're going to give away hundred of 74 armors, before we even meet the boss it drops from! How do you think that affects the actual gameplay, or enjoyment of that boss? It wouldn't be a big deal to me if this was a world drop armor, because then farmers would just have a leg up. But, it's not. It's like selling Rotco gear before We even got Rotco. Or Selling Goddess Before CT was killable at level 40.

A final point is, there are THREE "FIRST" Sets per class. You're selling the gear before you even know anything about it. What are we going to get, random pieces of one of the three sets? I'm pretty sure people will have preferences. They are ALL level 74.

Furthermore, you're making it cost around 80 OP per piece just to link 4 lapis, retain enchants, and upgrade gear. That doesn't include Max OJ's, which will sum to about another 45 OP. You're making the gear cost 125 OP apiece to START, or 625 OP to upgrade a set. And that doesn't even include the weapons or accessories. I don't know any fully linked Tenacious Sets that go 625 OP atm ....

Anywho; my last post here.

synxy

Rank 0
synxy
PostedMay 04, 2012 7:46 am
Getting the tokens to transfer enchants and linked lapis to the new set (that is not the END GAME SET, since they do not specify such) is exactly the same as to buy the gear and link it.. the cost is double and so far is only doable by spending AP, not to mention that the the enchantmenst are lowered when you transfer it.. (if you had [18] gear, depending on the token you lose -3 or -6.

Not only that, but as Rekikyo said.. there are 3 different SETS per class...

Not such a good idea, not retaining people, only pushing them away further more.-

Confused

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedMay 04, 2012 10:35 am
One thing that got my attention from rekikyo is that the gear hasn't droppes in korea yet... meaning they aren't impletemented yet for them or are pve boss exclusive. This is only good for the people who can afford to buy all this stuff and stay ahead, not everyone can.

Nonetheless, make it where all the gear is farmable for us, and sell only the top and legs as AP as well, that way we can farm them or buy, but that still isn't a good idea. Making it ep6 maps farmable only would be best without AP interference

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Judes

Rank 3
Judes
PostedMay 04, 2012 11:14 am
How about a Token that makes AGE unable to interfere with game content?

~"No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character." Ralph Waldo Emerson~

pisarq

Rank 4
pisarq
PostedMay 04, 2012 11:46 am
Rekikyo wrote:
My biggest issue is these tokens are all essentially "lockout" for the players who actually need them. Who will use them? The people who have [18] Max OJ top gear 1 month after a new episode anyways.

People who complain about remaking sets, typically are ones who can't afford 60k worth of AP expenditure per piece either. Those people who need it the most are going to be left behind.

Another thing is, Korea hasn't got a single 74 drop yet. That means, it's a boss drop, and one you cannot access from day one or even Week 2 of the patch, Much less Beat! In essence, you're going to give away hundred of 74 armors, before we even meet the boss it drops from! How do you think that affects the actual gameplay, or enjoyment of that boss? It wouldn't be a big deal to me if this was a world drop armor, because then farmers would just have a leg up. But, it's not. It's like selling Rotco gear before We even got Rotco. Or Selling Goddess Before CT was killable at level 40.

A final point is, there are THREE "FIRST" Sets per class. You're selling the gear before you even know anything about it. What are we going to get, random pieces of one of the three sets? I'm pretty sure people will have preferences. They are ALL level 74.

Furthermore, you're making it cost around 80 OP per piece just to link 4 lapis, retain enchants, and upgrade gear. That doesn't include Max OJ's, which will sum to about another 45 OP. You're making the gear cost 125 OP apiece to START, or 625 OP to upgrade a set. And that doesn't even include the weapons or accessories. I don't know any fully linked Tenacious Sets that go 625 OP atm ....

Anywho; my last post here.  

be real Ama... there wont be a boss.. even if there is , it will be unkillable like CTL so we buy the AP gear anyway. We all know it.

On a side note, you allow to trade fully clean piece with the token. We can just buy the 12 ops pieces n trade em instead of trading [19] gear 7s linked that cost 150 ops for piece that wont cost even 70 cuz Everyone with Dad's credit card will have it for 3 days.

On a side side note.. its lame you released the gear for money before we havent seen real ScreenShot of it, how it gonna be in Shaiya EN.

The new definition of scammer: AGE, pay for something you havent seen yet.

<br> RETIRED.

Hezam

Rank 4
PostedMay 04, 2012 11:49 am
Tactics... can you please keep Lapis in gear after upgrading or GM link them after upgrade please.
You know putting lapis in Bank means nothing since we will break too many if we use OPs

Thank you

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMay 04, 2012 12:24 pm
Hezam wrote:
Tactics... can you please keep Lapis in gear after upgrading or GM link them after upgrade please.
You know putting lapis in Bank means nothing since we will break too many if we use OPs

Thank you  

Look at the OP; there's a placeholder promo to keep 2 lapis linked, or keep 4 lapis linked. But, it costs more AP.