Author Message

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedMay 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Taking Canta Altar

Any hints to take this single handed?
In Proelium I could easily take altar by myself as an Archer armed with a low enchant sword.

In Canta on the one or two times I've managed it its taken an absolute age (and some luck) and would be impossible under fire from Furies.

Seems all other classes can handle this easily enough thanks to AoE attacks but with no AoE's and the frequent sigil disruptions I'm never able to beat the respawn on the guards so I can get the time I need to take altar.

Am I missing a trick here? Can I pot the sigil effect? Is there a way to dispatch the guards quicker?

Advertisement

DRC644

Rank 3
DRC644
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Posts
1307
Location
Livonia United States
PostedMay 03, 2012 1:37 pm
I always did auto attack Sad and would take 2-3 mins with Good sword

morygian

Rank 3
morygian
Joined
25 Dec 2008
Posts
1004
Location
France
PostedMay 03, 2012 1:55 pm
You cannot pot or dispel Dark Sigil in Canta. As a priest it takes me 4 minutes to get the relic alone with Frost Barrier.

The best way of getting the relics is... to be at least 2 ^^ someone to tank guards away from the relic so the second person can take it without being sigiled.

What about taking it in solo as an archer? ... Even dps can do nothing if sigiled, just be patient =P

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedMay 03, 2012 2:49 pm
DRC644 wrote:
I always did auto attack Sad and would take 2-3 mins with Good sword  


I have a good sword Wink and I use auto attack but I'm almost constantly unable to do anything due to sigil. If you can take it in 2-3 mins solo then I'm amazed and I must be missing something. Sad

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedMay 03, 2012 2:51 pm
morygian wrote:
You cannot pot or dispel Dark Sigil in Canta. As a priest it takes me 4 minutes to get the relic alone with Frost Barrier.

The best way of getting the relics is... to be at least 2 ^^ someone to tank guards away from the relic so the second person can take it without being sigiled.

What about taking it in solo as an archer? ... Even dps can do nothing if sigiled, just be patient =P  


yeah - but dps round up the mobs then wind-spin or whatever and then take altar...

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
Joined
11 Apr 2009
Posts
3577
Location
Netherlands
PostedMay 03, 2012 5:31 pm
With my defender I had 2 AOEs which would suffice to take out all guards. Usually it's easier to duo though, but otherwise, you need to take out the guards first and then the relic.

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedMay 03, 2012 10:44 pm
Mandatar wrote:
With my defender I had 2 AOEs which would suffice to take out all guards. Usually it's easier to duo though, but otherwise, you need to take out the guards first and then the relic.  


Yes, I understand that taking the guards out first is helpful and I know that defenders, like pretty much every other class other than archer have ways to do this quickly.

My question is: am I missing something here - is there a way for an archer to effectively take out the altar solo?

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
Joined
11 Apr 2009
Posts
3577
Location
Netherlands
PostedMay 04, 2012 12:07 am
You are not missing anything, well perhaps a [17] melee weapon, because you need melee to take it down.

Archers work fine in duo, but are one of the worst classes to solo Canta relic.

And yes, the Proelium relic is by far the easiest relic in the game.

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
Joined
15 May 2011
Posts
979
Location
Cambridge United Kingdom
PostedMay 04, 2012 3:19 am
Mandatar wrote:
You are not missing anything, well perhaps a [17] melee weapon  

Then I'm not missing anything Wink and I'll stop wasting my time looking for a solution to this particular puzzle.

Thanks for the confirmation.

DRC644

Rank 3
DRC644
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Posts
1307
Location
Livonia United States
PostedMay 04, 2012 5:45 am
Jay, i tried It 10 ways and there is no good way for a Arch to take alter Solo , like i said most the time was 3-4 Mins but someday s i just walked away with sigel on me repeatedly.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: