GMOrion

GameMaster: USA
GMOrion
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:14 pm   Last edited by GMOrion on Apr 26, 2012 1:22 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Inappropriate In-game Names

What you can expect if you have an inappropriate name
Hello Guys,

There has been some concern lately about people who have inappropriate names getting banned so I am here to clarify the issue. If you have been banned for an inappropriate name, submit a ticket and we will change your name to something random then unban the account.

Here is Aeria's stance on inappropriate names.

If any player is found to have an inappropriate in-game name, your name will be changed to something random so that the name is removed.

For example: ibenoobin

In this situation you would not be granted the opportunity to have a free name change. Instead you will have to purchase a name change so that you can get the handle you want. The logic behind this is that when a player first created the account, they had an opportunity to choose a name that was deemed "acceptable" to the general public. Since they chose to go with an inappropriate name, they assumed the responsibility at the time of creation.

While we understand this may be unfair as ijji had a different stance in regards to this issue from Aeria, understand that we are not ijji and we have our own policy and rules.

You can refer to our Terms of Service for more information regarding this:
http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/terms

While this game is Mature and to some degree language is allowed, please note that your name which can be seen by the general public may be offensive to others while not to you by your own standards. For example 10 year old walks by brothers computer sees inappropriate name and states it.

Now that we have clarified the issue, your account will not be banned for an inappropriate name but changed instead.

GMOrion
Action Team
Aeria Games
Advertisement

SlikeR.

Rank 0
SlikeR.
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:16 pm
But a guy called 'lolgetsome' got banned :/ How is that an inappropriate username?

GMOrion

GameMaster: USA
GMOrion
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:21 pm
We do not have any knowledge of someone named lolgetsome being banned and this is not deemed as inappropriate. That account holder should submit a ticket and we will take a look into the situation.

Repres3nt

Rank 0
Repres3nt
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:26 pm
Please get to the hacking point AERIA, Now AERIA has the powers to ban please scan players and ban them. That's all i demand.

wiNx.

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
wiNx.
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:28 pm   Last edited by wiNx. on Apr 26, 2012 1:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total
SlikeR. wrote:
But a guy called 'lolgetsome' got banned :/ How is that an inappropriate username?  

It's his log-in ID, not his ingame nick.
He got unbanned and his name changed.

Source: His own topic he made in the ijji forums.

I like that step from Aeria.
That announcement was needed imo.

MrProPoo

Rank 5
MrProPoo
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:28 pm
SlikeR. wrote:

that wasn't his ingame name

SlikeR.

Rank 0
SlikeR.
PostedApr 26, 2012 1:34 pm
wiNx. wrote:
SlikeR. wrote:

It's his log-in ID, not his ingame nick.
He got unbanned and his name changed.

Source: His own topic he made in the ijji forums.

Oh sorry my bad

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedApr 26, 2012 2:24 pm
wiNx. wrote:

Its a good thing that an official statement has been made about this issue. Now we simply have to refer people here.

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedApr 26, 2012 2:40 pm
Glad to hear an official post concerning this. It should help some of the forum drama and negative feeling about Aeria.

spamchop

Rank 0
spamchop
PostedApr 26, 2012 3:21 pm
Good to finally have clarification on this issue.

Just to be clear, is "ibenoobin" an example of a name that Aeria would not allow?