Author Message

stefferonii

Rank 0
stefferonii
Joined
09 Dec 2009
Posts
102
Location
In your dreams❤ United States
PostedMay 08, 2012 11:44 pm

My application~

I am confirming that I finished both step one and step two.
Crystal Saga IGN: swirolss
DDTank IGN: ♥かわいい♥

Simple yet sweet description of what I think and believe a good Gamesage would be is one who has patience and time to devote to the community and help those in need. A gamesage must have some knowledge of how the game works and be able to explain and teach others. Communicate with the community and make sure that any important information is said. Enforce strictly the Game's rules and terms to the community and ingame be actively watching the chat to be sure that anything against the ToS is put to a halt. And lastly a gamesage must put their responsibilities before everything else!

Hehe thank you :]
Advertisement

SiegmundV

Rank 0
SiegmundV
Joined
03 May 2012
Posts
34
Location
United States
PostedMay 13, 2012 2:19 pm
Hello all.
I'll start with a question;
For what server are the applications; ( ) Server 1, ( ) Server 2, ( ) Both?

Game Sage;
Based on my experience a game sage is an user who is volunteer to help the GM on his duties.
Who is a good Game Sage?

- Kind and accessible person.
Saw many cases on where the GS at the beggining they were cool and help'd a lot, but within days passed they become like an angry person and non accessible at all. So it would be great if all the time we have a kind person.

- Knows how to co-work or is willing to co-work with others.
Most of the duties of being a GS are needed to co-work with the other GS and also learn from them. If you think you can do everything alone, then you're not a good GS for me.

- Knowledge on Aeria rules, ToS, privacy policy, game rules.
This is needed in order to apply them, warn the users if they're breaking any rules. If action repeats then report to the GM.

- Lvl doesn't matter
Doesn't matter if you're the highest lvl or the lowest lvl, as long as you can provide support, help, peace then it works for me.

- Help first, play last.
This is important, as a volunteer you might accept that your gameplay will be affected due you have to spare time for support and play, obviously you can combine it, but it won't be the same.

- Active on game/forum.
You're required to be active on game or forums, also making guides will help the duties to just send a link instead of explaining 1 page to like 20 person each time.

I'm currently active at server 2, where everyday I see questions, doubts, people spamming, also some kind of profanity rage. And I always see the same user answering the questions; "Tiff".

If the application is for S2, I'll gladly apply for the spot.

JoeAuriun

Rank 0
JoeAuriun
Joined
07 Jan 2010
Posts
49
Location
Stafford, VA United States
PostedMay 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: AeriaNow Game Sage Application and Feedback Thread

GS Apps/Feedback Information Here!
GMAnya wrote:
If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms  


As for my thoughts, I believe this game needs much more GS's on duty. There are many hours when a GM just can't be there, in the past I have had to deal with a lot of junk going on just because of this. Vulgarity in the world chat among the top of this list.

Cervios is one I would like to see become a GS, he's fairly active in these forums and online in-game throughout most of the day every day. He's climbed the ranks and even gave S2 a shot.

There are also some players cough Tiff aka Toxictrauma01 that I would not want to see become a GS. And I say "these players" as a group, being those who feel a need to state to others in world chat when they are breaking the rules. I remember two rules that followed through almost all the online communities I've belonged to; one, don't ask to become a moderator. And two, allow the moderators to do their job. Tiff, that is why people keep asking if you're a GM.

I'm unfamiliar with all the other applicants. But these two stand out the most.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
Joined
15 Mar 2009
Posts
917
Location
Georgia United States
PostedMay 27, 2012 7:23 am
JoeAuriun wrote:
There are also some players cough Tiff aka Toxictrauma01 that I would not want to see become a GS. And I say "these players" as a group, being those who feel a need to state to others in world chat when they are breaking the rules. I remember two rules that followed through almost all the online communities I've belonged to; one, don't ask to become a moderator. And two, allow the moderators to do their job. Tiff, that is why people keep asking if you're a GM.  


I would like to point out that Tiff did not apply here to be a GS, therefore this comment is misplaced.

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
Joined
11 Sep 2009
Posts
950
Location
United States
PostedMay 27, 2012 7:58 pm
Sine_Amore wrote:
JoeAuriun wrote:
There are also some players cough Tiff aka Toxictrauma01 that I would not want to see become a GS. And I say "these players" as a group, being those who feel a need to state to others in world chat when they are breaking the rules. I remember two rules that followed through almost all the online communities I've belonged to; one, don't ask to become a moderator. And two, allow the moderators to do their job. Tiff, that is why people keep asking if you're a GM.  


I would like to point out that Tiff did not apply here to be a GS, therefore this comment is misplaced.  


I would also like to point out the definition of a Game Sage. This is also helpful for applicants to know what to expect.


 
A Game Sage is a community volunteer. Game Sages are normal players, not Aeria Employees, and do not have any special powers or abilities. They are your bridge between players and Game Masters. Game Sages can help mediate issues in-game, help test bugs, and are generally good individuals to go to for advice on game play and for questions. Game Sages assist Game Masters by helping maintain game rules and our Terms of Service, as well as by reporting players who may be disruptive.  


It's a Game Sage's duty to enforce the ToS.

Anyway, keep the feedback constructive and good luck to everyone that applies! Rawr bacon~

BlackSoundReign

Rank 0
BlackSoundReign
Joined
23 Mar 2012
Posts
9
Location
Sound City in Netherlands
PostedMay 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: AeriaNow Game Sage Application and Feedback Thread

GS Apps/Feedback Information Here!
JoeAuriun wrote:
GMAnya wrote:
If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms  


As for my thoughts, I believe this game needs much more GS's on duty. There are many hours when a GM just can't be there, in the past I have had to deal with a lot of junk going on just because of this. Vulgarity in the world chat among the top of this list.

Cervios is one I would like to see become a GS, he's fairly active in these forums and online in-game throughout most of the day every day. He's climbed the ranks and even gave S2 a shot.

There are also some players cough Tiff aka Toxictrauma01 that I would not want to see become a GS. And I say "these players" as a group, being those who feel a need to state to others in world chat when they are breaking the rules. I remember two rules that followed through almost all the online communities I've belonged to; one, don't ask to become a moderator. And two, allow the moderators to do their job. Tiff, that is why people keep asking if you're a GM.

I'm unfamiliar with all the other applicants. But these two stand out the most.  


So, what I read from your post. No one should state in chat if someone is breaking the rules. Should no one mention to anyone about rules they are breaking and just have them keep ignoring it? Here's something: No rules, No Order.

That being said, you need to think before you post. Also, though I am not exactly following the rules of this thread myself, you're pretty much giving personal negative critisism to a player, even mentioning them by name.

Here's a quote: " If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. " Use it.

I.N.S.A.N.I.T.Y - Intense Neverending Sounds of Addicting New Imaginations Terrifying You!

vampofval21

GameSage: Aeria Browser
vampofval21
Joined
24 Jul 2008
Posts
275
Location
United States
PostedMay 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Regarding GS Tags

SiegmundV wrote:
Hello all.
I'll start with a question;
For what server are the applications; ( ) Server 1, ( ) Server 2, ( ) Both?
 


Since you're applying to be an AeriaNow GS, should you accepted into the program, you would be tagged throughout the AeriaGames Forums. AeriaNow in particular covers the Browser games hosted by Aeria. That being said, when a player is accepted to the GS program, they would then tell the GM in charge which Games/Servers they are most active in and would be comfortable receiving tags for. To my understanding, GSes don't get/need tags for games or servers they don't play since they're unlikely to show up in that game/server to do any GSing anyway.

Good luck in your application Very Happy (Looks lovely to me ^_^)

SiegmundV

Rank 0
SiegmundV
Joined
03 May 2012
Posts
34
Location
United States
PostedJun 02, 2012 12:18 am
1.- Step 1, 2 completed.
2.- Game: Crystal Saga
Server: E2
Character: Hades

3.- For me everyone is a good GS. But in details the person who can fit the charge is a person who is responsable, knows how to listen and how to co-work with other GS and GM. Remember, you aren't alone. You can do a lot of things by your own but in this matter you will always require other people assistance, that's why is GS Team/Program.

A good GS provides support, fun, and a good play role. Combine that and you're a beast.

P.S; You don't need a tag to help others.

loveableneko

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
loveableneko
Joined
04 Jan 2009
Posts
1081
Location
Burlington Canada
PostedJun 06, 2012 10:10 pm
1. Step 1 & 2 completed
2. Games - Crystal Saga
Server 2 EN
Characters: loveableneko, Velvet, NekoLulu

Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does
A Good Gamesage put their time aside to help other in needs, they are there to help out the community and make it enjoyable for everyone, they are also there to assit the GM's with various tasks and being the eyes and ears to the GM team also. Good GS is kind, patient and willing to listen.

Hazardus10

Rank 0
Hazardus10
Joined
13 May 2012
Posts
4
Location
Canada
PostedJun 13, 2012 10:42 am

Hazardus10 for Game Sage

Crystal Saga Game Sage
1. Step 1 and 2 completed
2. Games - Crystal Saga (Server 2 EN)

Characters: Swiftblade.


3. A good Game Sage, is someone who is dedicated to improving the the gaming community by making it more enjoyable for everyone to play. They also make the gaming environment safe and friendly by monitoring chat and preventing foul language from occurring. GS are willing to provide there best foot forward into improving the game, whether it is helping someone new or helping someone with a conflict with the game. The Game Sage is always respectful, kind, patient. They will always be there to listen to a players problems and direct them towards the right path.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: