GMAnya

GameMaster: USA
GMAnya
PostedApr 21, 2012 3:25 pm

AeriaNow Game Sage Application and Feedback Thread

[Sticky] GS Apps/Feedback Information Here!
This thread is part of the GameSage Application process. GameSage is a very public position. We are making this part of the application public, because it is best to know how the community will feel about new applicants BEFORE they are accepted.

An Ideal Game Sage candidate for the AeriaNow team is one that is active in the forums and plays multiple browser games. AeriaNow Game Sages are most valued when they are very knowledgeable on one or more browser games. Ideal candidates are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and non-judgmental. We're looking for fun, friendly volunteers.

If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms  

To apply for the AeriaNow Game Sage program please follow the steps below

Step 1: Submit a Ticket
  • Go to the Game Support page
  • Select Other as the Subcategory
  • Select the Game you would like to apply for
  • As the Subject please put Game Sage Application
  • As the Message simply state that you are applying to be a Game Sage
  • After you submit the ticket, write down the ticket number as you will need it in step 2

Step 2: Fill out the Game Sage Application
  • Go to this Game Sage Application and fill out all information
  • You MUST include your ticket number from Step 1 as this is how we will update you on the status of your application. If you do not include a ticket number you will not be considered for the program.

Step 3: Post a Reply to this Forum Post
  • In this thread click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    1. Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2
    2. List your in-game name and server for each AeriaNow game that you play
    3. Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does
  • Once you submit your reply, you're all done!  

• Thank you for your interest in the AeriaNow Game Sage program! Once you have completed all steps please allow up to 2 weeks to receive a decision on your application. If you have any questions regarding your application please reply to the ticket you submitted in step 2.
    Advertisement

Cervios

Rank 4
    Cervios
    PostedApr 22, 2012 7:23 pm
    I am Cervios on "Server 1" for Crystal Saga. I think being a good GS entails being online often to actually help and having knowledge of the game you GS for and using that knowledge to benefit other players to help them enjoy the game to its fullest. A good GS should also relay any important going ons to the GMs and if possible help GMs with any tasks they may need assistance with.

<br> All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream...

DatNexusGuy

Rank 0
    DatNexusGuy
    PostedApr 23, 2012 2:12 am   Last edited by DatNexusGuy on Apr 23, 2012 8:22 am. Edited 1 time in total
    1. I have completed step 1 and 2.
    2. Crystal Saga: Saga, Simplify (Server 1)
    DDTank: Slush (Dragon Server)
    Roll 'n Rock: Roll(Server 1)
    3. In my opinion a good GameSage is someone which is nearly always available to help players whilst being online, they also act as a liaison between the GMs and the players and they must have an open mind on each event that occurs. You require knowledge of the game and know your way around, you need to be friendly and be able to listen to what the players have to say.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
    Sine_Amore
    PostedApr 23, 2012 8:08 am
    I have completed steps 1 & 2, my ticket number is 7615095.

Crystal Saga: Keir & Zealous (Server 1)
    DDTank: Rois & Samore (Dragon Server)
    Roll n' Rock: Rein (Server 1)
    Golden Age: Keir (Server 1)
    Lord of Ages: Rois (Server 1)

I believe that a good Game Sage provides a wide array of knowledge for the game that they are servicing. They do their best and make themselves readily available, even while playing, to provide quality assistance for those in need; this, of course, means forfeiting time usually spent grinding/questing/upgrading to better help the community, and this does not bother a good Game Sage. In addition, a Game Sage is able to help resolve conflicts in and out of game that may arise, helping to keep the peace and making the game more enjoyable for everybody. They should try to host fun events on occasion to bring the community together in fun, exciting ways such as Trivia, Hide-n-seek, and Riddle games--which I have often enjoyed being a part of and hosting in the past in other games such as AGE's Shaiya. Lastly, a good Game Sage--while sometimes privy to certain knowledge and with certain responsibilities--would never betray any trust given by the GMs and will always help the GMs in any way to the best of their ability. I believe that a good Game Sage does all of this and perhaps more while keeping it fair for everyone with a non-biased stance.

Thank you for considering my application v-n.n

Moonager

Rank 0
    Moonager
    PostedApr 23, 2012 10:37 am

Game Sage Application

My Application :D!
    I can Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2

IGN Crystal Saga- Rebelle and Belle- Server 1
    DDTank- Rebelle- Server Dragon

A Good GS (in my own opinion) is:

• Someone who is there to help Aeria players and support them when it is needed.
    • Some who is patient and can explain in detail, while saying it clearly, so people don't get confused.
    • Someone who isn't uptight on the rules but obeys them and is stern when keeping players right.
    • Someone who is friendly and approachable that players would willingly ask for advice.
    • Someone who is active in the community with a trusted name.
    • Someone who has a lot of good ideas to contribute to Aeria.
    • Someone creative and likeable to inspire and influence every player.

Thanks For Reading my Application and Good Luck to all Applicants Very Happy!

PumpkinPie76

Rank 0
    PumpkinPie76
    PostedApr 25, 2012 11:06 am
    I have finished steps 1 and 2.

Golden, Sky, Pearl - Crystal Saga - server 1
    Skyla - DDTank- Dragon

A good game sage is a good communicator between the officials, rules, and events of the game to the players. They keep the game fun or at least keep it from being a bad experience. They are reliable and trustable along with being friendly. They constantly learn from their mistakes and apologize when at fault. They are not prone to drama as well.

Best of luck to everyone. Smile

JoeAuriun

Rank 0
    JoeAuriun
    PostedMay 03, 2012 6:26 am   Last edited by JoeAuriun on May 10, 2012 4:34 am. Edited 1 time in total
    Step 3: Post a Reply to this Forum Post

In this thread click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2
    List your in-game name and server for each AeriaNow game that you play
    Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does

1. Yes, 1 and 2 have been completed.
    2. I'm only currently active with Crystal Saga in which my username is "notaname" but as for AeriaNow I'm also registered under DDTank as "Peen" and Dragon's Call as "PoopScoop"
    edit- Now also Tank in Server 2 Crystal Saga
    3. Quietly watches over the local and world chat to make sure that that players are happy primarily to see that there are no rule breakers. As well as listening to player's concerns via private messages. Game Sages are not game masters.

toxictrauma01

Rank 3
    toxictrauma01
    PostedMay 05, 2012 12:23 pm   Last edited by toxictrauma01 on Aug 01, 2012 2:22 am. Edited 11 times in total
    Color Code:
    Green - Yes
    Orange - Maybe
    Red - No

Will be Updated when i have Feedback for an Applicant(s).

L3CIFER02

Rank 0
    L3CIFER02
    PostedMay 06, 2012 9:02 am

one & two

Step one & two done

Crystal saga ... Ahri / server 1
    DDTank ... Blossom / Dragon server
    Dragon call ... Loveless / Server 2

a good game sage is someone who helps players and Helps them with troubles about the game like bugs and issues. A good Game Sage is someone who follows the rules and knows what they are doing.. who is involved with the community also doing what is right, like reporting or reminding people of the rules. Someone who makes new players feel welcome and tries to make the game as fun for them as they can.

ijjiMainlie

Rank 2
    ijjiMainlie
    PostedMay 07, 2012 9:00 pm
    Step one & two complete.
    Crystal Saga.. PallyKilla / server 1

A good GS to me is someone who is always willing to help someone in need. Someone who enforces the rules and involved within the community and of course the forums . They should do their best at what they do and of course make it fun for themselves along with the other plays. They should be able to resolve conflicts between players or other in game issues. I also think they should be able to devote at ANY time their time to stop doing whatever their doing and help who needs help.