Mila.urlich

Rank 0
Mila.urlich
PostedApr 19, 2012 10:12 pm   Last edited by Mila.urlich on Apr 21, 2012 6:16 pm. Edited 2 times in total

SKFC Organised matches.

\o/
Hihi!~

Okie dokie, so this thread (topic?) is going to be dedicated to the sprite kings fight club organised matches!! xD

A few (not all) of my guildies have been enjoying the SKFC quite a bit. xD.. So much so that we sorta.. idk how it come about actually.. lol, but we kinda made our own VS battles.

Mkay! So moving on!
Rules. wrote:
1. Pair up (or group up) into two teams. These teams must be evenly matched (or close too).
2. MP drain weapons of any kind are allowed, provided it doesn't over power the opposing team and is evenly matched.
3. No CS/Boost pots (pots that add def/attack/stats of any kind). HP/MP Pots however, are permitted.
4. This rule is seperate for the stealth classes, but aoe stealth and slip are allowed during battles, even against other stealth classes. Id also like to point out:
feno101 wrote:
Silent predator should be banned when match involves all stealthed class. It should be allowed during the match involving at least one non-stealth class. Stealthing then running away though will result in automatic loss for that side.  
Ty Vinz <3.  

A/N: We did have a rule that if a team had members who were still alive and fighting, then those that died from the same team could return and engage in combat again. We decided to scrap this rule. But thinking of bringing it back maybe? We will see, for now it's scrapped though.

There will be players that have their masters done, their equips all +15, etc.. which can be bothersome for those who don't have these things. If that is the case with some of the participants, make sure to pair (or group them) with those who have completed these things. This is to make for a fairly even playing field, and relates to rule number one. But I thought I should mention that seperately as it may get overlooked.
How to play. wrote:
1. To start, you will need 4 participants minimum. Any less and you can just duel lol, if you're looking for non organised matches, then the standard arenas (like FA, WSB, EA) are for you.
2. Once you are paired/grouped into the two teams, you mutually decide on a location within the map (somewhere away from others) and battle it out.
3. The matches are best out of three. Sometimes if those participating are able to PvP for longer, then it gets bumped up to best out of 5/7/9/etc, you will probably decide on this beforehand (or during lolol) amongst yourselves.
4. To win, you need to defeat the other team first. Once you have died, you must wait until the next round to fight again. The last participants standing must battle it out until there is only one team left to claim victorrrrrrrrrry!!! lolol.

Some pro's and con's wrote:
Pro 1: It's fun, it's fair, and it's organised. This is pretty self explanatory really. No QQing because it's straight out skill in an evenly matched setting.

Pro 2: I'd like to think this gives others the oppurtunity to learn more about their class, PvP wise. Kinda like.. a learning ground of sorts yea?

Con 1: There are others in SKFC that may intefere with the matches, for what ever reason. This is unfortunate but can't be helped, and most time can be rectified by killing or informing them about the matches before hand. Maybe out of courtesy they may not interfere, otherwise, it is what it is you know? Afterall it is a FFA arena, and we are bringing this idea into that space, so it's only normal should it happen.  

And that's it atm! Will be posting like video's and pic's of these random matches. Any and all is welcome, there is no set time of when to meet etc, pretty much happens when ever it's randomly organised I guess xD.

You can play with your friends, your guild, a mix of people who just happen to wanna play with youuuuuuu.. all sorts :3. \o/ /o/ \o\ \o/

~ Milaaaaaaaa.
Advertisement

Mila.urlich

Rank 0
Mila.urlich
PostedApr 19, 2012 11:09 pm
Match Results!

1: Mmm & Natsu9 VS ASyr & BladeOfSouls. ASyr (2) to Mmm (3). Mmm & Natsu9 win. \o/

x

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedApr 19, 2012 11:52 pm
Why no mp drain? Sure, all classes have access to mp drain but some use them more than others. Also, banning mp drain means that DS loses the only 80 yellow wep it can use.

I can understand why silent predator is banned since stealthing then running away defeat the purpose of organized match. But it should be allowed at the start of the match. One distinct advantage of stealthed class is that it has the first strike. Banning silent predator means SS and Mystic lose that advantage and DS has a very limited window with slip. A rule should not harm one class and exclude others.

Imo, with these 2 restrictions, DS essensially fights with one hand tied up.

Mila.urlich

Rank 0
Mila.urlich
PostedApr 20, 2012 12:24 am
Oh yes! All very wonderful points.

It does nullify us a little doesn't it D:

I think the no use of MP drains is a good decision though, mainly because it MP drains which leads to some pretty boring fights lol. Atleast this way it will be a little more.. mm, interesting? And plus if you win, as a DS, with this slight disadvantage (slight, very slight) don't you think that's pretty dang good? D:

As for the point on stealthing at the start, idk.. I think.. as time goes on and more matches are made, the base structure of this is subject to change. :3

Tyvm for your input! Keep it coming \o/!!

x

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedApr 20, 2012 10:43 am
Those ain't slight disadvantage. They are actually profounded hurdle to overcome. You might not have noticed this disadvantage in your first match because while both Asyr and Blade are great players, one is only lvl 75 (6lvls below you) and the other just came back to the game. Also, they are both stealthed class so they lose that advantage as well. I'm pretty sure you can defeat them both without Natsu help.

These disadvantages will actually become clearer if you're up against a team of, let's say, a (good) temp and a (good) AM. Without both mp drain and stealth, DS pretty much becomes a standing target for both of these class. DS can't kill good temps and AM will root us to death.

Your idea is a great one but I propose these changes for the sake of fairness. Mp drain of any forms are allowed (of course, so are mp pots). Delaying is a legitimate tactic in pvp and contrary to popular belief, is quite hard to do effectively. Stealth should be banned when match involves all stealthed class (like the one you had). IT should be allowed during match involving at least one non-stealth class. Stealthing then running away though will result in automatic loss for that side.

Just my 2 cents.

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedApr 20, 2012 1:21 pm
feno101 wrote:
Those ain't slight disadvantage. They are actually profounded hurdle to overcome. You might not have noticed this disadvantage in your first match because while both Asyr and Blade are great players, one is only lvl 75 (6lvls below you) and the other just came back to the game. Also, they are both stealthed class so they lose that advantage as well. I'm pretty sure you can defeat them both without Natsu help.

These disadvantages will actually become clearer if you're up against a team of, let's say, a (good) temp and a (good) AM. Without both mp drain and stealth, DS pretty much becomes a standing target for both of these class. DS can't kill good temps and AM will root us to death.

Your idea is a great one but I propose these changes for the sake of fairness. Mp drain of any forms are allowed (of course, so are mp pots). Delaying is a legitimate tactic in pvp and contrary to popular belief, is quite hard to do effectively. Stealth should be banned when match involves all stealthed class (like the one you had). IT should be allowed during match involving at least one non-stealth class. Stealthing then running away though will result in automatic loss for that side.

Just my 2 cents.  

Just to agree a bit, I have an 80 Temp, I duel a friends 85 DS a lot, it is an EASY win for me when he cannot mana drain. Why remove the advantage they have of dual wielding them to haave some sort of chance. Want to worry about other classes not dual draining....they can multi wep. I dual mana drain on my temp when I get chances to. It is a tactic in PvP. Other than that this seems like fun. I only started GSing Quill on my new char got a long time till I get there, but Ive had experience in end game, mana drain is something that should really be allowed. Without it a good Temp/Proph team could just lol @ not even having to try to care about DS or SS in combat.

Mila.urlich

Rank 0
Mila.urlich
PostedApr 20, 2012 4:43 pm
I have to admit, didn't think to much about the other classes LOL, and the problem a DKST would have with defeating them. So I put these new changes to a few others, and we agreed on the following:

MP drain will be allowed, provided it's an even playing field with the other team. This is to combat level discrepancies (should there be any). Otherwise yeah if we are presented with lvl 85 temps or props etc etc, then MP drain seems like a good idea to have. You guys made us see how that could be important! Lol.

As for stealthing, I really want to bring that back and allow it for the SS class who do really depend on it, and even mysts allowing them to use their stealth but so many others are against it. If there was more support for it here, it may get changed.

Rules have been updated!! <3 Tyvm for the input guys, keep it coming. \o\

~ Mila

x

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedApr 20, 2012 5:21 pm
Mila.urlich wrote:
I have to admit, didn't think to much about the other classes LOL, and the problem a DKST would have with defeating them. So I put these new changes to a few others, and we agreed on the following:

MP drain will be allowed, provided it's an even playing field with the other team. This is to combat level discrepancies (should there be any). Otherwise yeah if we are presented with lvl 85 temps or props etc etc, then MP drain seems like a good idea to have. You guys made us see how that could be important! Lol.

As for stealthing, I really want to bring that back and allow it for the SS class who do really depend on it, and even mysts allowing them to use their stealth but so many others are against it. If there was more support for it here, it may get changed.

Rules have been updated!! <3 Tyvm for the input guys, keep it coming. \o\

~ Mila  

What is your stance on the fruits and sprite made consumables? I don't know how popular they are in Quill yet, but oh god I love those things qq

feno101

Rank 0
feno101
PostedApr 20, 2012 5:48 pm
Not a lot of people on Quill knows how to use fruits and those short-term consumables to good effect. I would say let's them use it if they know how to since it is a legitimate testament to a player's skill (unlike cs pots, short-term consumables cannot simply be chucked down the throat).

Mila.urlich

Rank 0
Mila.urlich
PostedApr 20, 2012 5:57 pm
feno101 wrote:
Stealth should be banned when match involves all stealthed class (like the one you had). It should be allowed during match involving at least one non-stealth class. Stealthing then running away though will result in automatic loss for that side.  

This!! I don't know why I overlooked this, but I agree to this and ASyr had something similar in mind. May I add this to the main post? This can be the new rule on stealthing between teams! With your permission of course.

~~

@master, fruits should be okay, since they are timed and not like the CS/Boost pots that last forever xD! And everyone should be able to access these fruits if they wanted (unlike CS pots which many don't have access too), especially with the new PvP points system. So they are fine. Just the normal CS/boost pots aren't allowed. Rest is fine! \o/