What are the requirements?
Good news! There are no requirements to joining a guild! Some guilds have player-set rules on what they accept, but it's not required of them.
Well, how do I join one?
You see those players that are always advertising in world chat for their guilds? Try whispering one of them! That’s /t and then the person’s name, in case you didn’t know. They’ll let you know if they’re going to take you in or not! If they don’t, hey, it’s not the end of the world. There are plenty more guilds on the server that you can try out. Also, if you get an item called a “world call” you can always post in world chat that you are looking for a guild to join.
If you are not in a guild and do not wish to ask before joining, you can hit the shortcut key for the guild window, which is "G", and select one of the guilds that has open recruitment enabled and join that way. Either way works just fine.
What are the benefits of joining one?
- Make new friends.
- Have people your level to party with.
- Easier to find parties for dungeons.
- If you have a question, getting help from your guildmates is easier than trying to get an answer from someone else.
- Great for finding trial parties, once you're high enough level for them.
- No tax on crafting (Guild Town)
- Free player house (Guild Town)
- Guild Warehouse (Guild Town)
- Guild statue that gives buffs once a day (Guild Town)