lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedApr 19, 2012 1:29 pm   Last edited by lestat_anil on Apr 19, 2012 6:46 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Joining a Guild

Beginner's Edition

What are the requirements?

Good news! There are no requirements to joining a guild! Some guilds have player-set rules on what they accept, but it's not required of them.

Well, how do I join one?

You see those players that are always advertising in world chat for their guilds? Try whispering one of them! That’s /t and then the person’s name, in case you didn’t know. They’ll let you know if they’re going to take you in or not! If they don’t, hey, it’s not the end of the world. There are plenty more guilds on the server that you can try out. Also, if you get an item called a “world call” you can always post in world chat that you are looking for a guild to join.

If you are not in a guild and do not wish to ask before joining, you can hit the shortcut key for the guild window, which is "G", and select one of the guilds that has open recruitment enabled and join that way. Either way works just fine.

What are the benefits of joining one?

• Make new friends.
  • Have people your level to party with.
  • Easier to find parties for dungeons.
  • If you have a question, getting help from your guildmates is easier than trying to get an answer from someone else.
  • Great for finding trial parties, once you're high enough level for them.
  • No tax on crafting (Guild Town)
  • Free player house (Guild Town)
  • Guild Warehouse (Guild Town)
  • Guild statue that gives buffs once a day (Guild Town)
Advertisement

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedApr 19, 2012 1:36 pm
They also recently added a feature where guilds can "open" or "close" their recruitment. If a guild is "open" they can join without speaking to anyone in the guild. Just press "g" while you're not in a guild. Rest is self-explanatory.

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedApr 19, 2012 2:06 pm
LoveLovey wrote:
They also recently added a feature where guilds can "open" or "close" their recruitment. If a guild is "open" they can join without speaking to anyone in the guild. Just press "g" while you're not in a guild. Rest is self-explanatory.  

Thats in Grand Fantasia/Kitsu Saga as well.
It does cause a few problems what with...certain players joining then leaving straight away and stuff, but does help keep a guild fresh Very Happy

More benefits that Lestat missed (if the Guild has a town.)

• Free Housing
  • Buff from statue
  • Access to Warehouse to share Items with Guildies

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedApr 19, 2012 5:44 pm
Other benefits from having a guild town pertain to the crafting system. Each town can have up to 5 different buildings, and each offer different services. Players that wish to farm mats or craft armor/weapons/accessories/gems/potions/enchants higher than level 40 will need to do it at a guild town. Merchants with lvl 40+ BP's will also be found in guild towns.

gate1

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2012 8:32 pm
Free housing? Where can i get it? I want my free house~~ Laughing

DarylValentine

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
DarylValentine
PostedApr 19, 2012 9:06 pm
C: Omg cute pic up thar. I look great on high settings~

Don't forget to mention that being in a guild opens up TW for you as well :3

GS_Raphael - Ranger/Gunslinger - Lv5X - Inspire - Hydra

Dash612

Rank 4
Dash612
PostedApr 22, 2012 3:39 pm
If you really have to read a guide about how to join a guild you probably shouldn't join one cause you don't know what you're doing

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedApr 22, 2012 3:47 pm
I think the point was moreso "what are benefits of joining a guild?" angled at players new to EE. The "how to join a guild literally" bit can be helpful to those new to mmorpgs in general.

Remember, we were all newbies once :3

Posted By Aeria Mobile

LouisV1

Rank 0
LouisV1
PostedApr 27, 2012 9:05 am
Thank You for the lesson xD , I only just came back to EE today I did play in CB and OB But... yeah that was quite a long time ago Razz

DatCow

Rank 0
DatCow
PostedApr 30, 2012 11:45 am
This is pretty nice ^^ But maybe a guild etiquette one might make a bit more sense? :s (With maybe including: PLEASE DON'T SPAM ASKING FOR HELP in big fat caps? I know it's a huge problem in many guilds even on sapphire, and on diamond even guild members that I like do it sometimes :c)

Also maybe note on the "find people your level" that you might end up not being anywhere near the levels of other players in the guild (coming from someone that is usually +-5 levels between all the other players in my guild somehow ^^; ) but you might be able to find someone that is higher level and willing to help you out.