She is not shutting down anything, just giving her opinion on a suggestion. Her opinion happens to be negative, that's all.
About the first point, besides, I thing it's not a problem of the GS not wanting to have more power, but of other player not wanting to let other player have too much power. It's sad but real story in DOMO that sometimes GSes can be very, horribly biased and taking sides with friends.
I can understand those fears, that's why I suggested GM's as well. Just giving more options, I suppose.
Also, I would call saying "Never going to punish, stop talking about it" attempting to shut down the entire point of this topic.
the guy who wrote this wrote:
1) GM/GS are humans like you and the rest. We can't monitor every arena match, that's just unreasonable. Secondly we have to do other things then make sure that people are getting "fair" matches in PVP.
2) If GSes were given any power, it's a bad thing. Power corrupts, and with so many GSes, there'll be at least someone in the group who will abuse their power. And that will drop down the integrity of the position to the player's eyes. I mean what if you heard a GS abusing their power? You'd be mad right? And a flamefest will ensue and Aeria would have to do a lot more work trying to correct everything and set everything straight. Again, too much work for too little time they have.
3) GM's have tickets to do, they have promotions to plan, they have other things which needs to be done. To pay someone to sit there and monitor PVP matches is not to their benefit as they are a business.
What I think should be implemented is the no award for losing a PVP match. Reduce as much incentive to AFK in a PVP match as you can and that's all you can do. It's not against the rules, and you can't really pin someone with AFK because something could be happening irl out of their control where they HAVE to AFK. Because if you start inflicting punishments to people who AFK, you'll probably getting some people who innocently went AFK for valid reasons. You can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
And the reality is this: You will never be able to get rid of all of the AFKers. We can however try to reduce it so there are less and PVP can become a more enjoyable experience. Personally I hate it when people try to abuse loop holes they find, it just ruins things for everyone else.
1. I don't want every match monitored. I want a couple matches monitored after someone has been reported for more than two games in a block of arena for afking. I feel like I need to give an example scenario since people keep misinterpreting it.
Game 1 - Player A. is afk in arena, players B and C on his team report him afk.
Game 2 - Player A is afk again, players D and E report him afk. A notice has now been sent to a GM to check this player out.
Game 3 - Player A is still afk, GM checked the game and saw this, Player A is now officially breaking the rules.
It takes multiple sets of reports to notify and would only take a minute or two to monitor the player afterwards.
3. I believe with my previous system and punishments that affect characters the afk pool will severely shrink/dissapear. With an hour or two of work a day for the first week or so I would expect the time a GM has to spend on this issue to go down to near nothing.
People keep on stating "It's not against the rules." in their arguments but that is the entire point of this thread. SHOULD
this be against the rules? My vote is yes. Also, my system is made up of multiple sets of reports so people who have to go afk for one reason or another are fine but habitual afkers are the ones being punished.