Author Message

aikochan1988

Rank 0
Joined
18 Oct 2011
Posts
3
Location
United States
PostedApr 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Problem 1,2

How do you explain the recent lag when I have never experienced any kind of lag in the game (except for Aven channel1 ) before the merger?
My computer and internet are still the same as before, and I do maintain it periodically. ALso, there has not been any change made to the graphic settings of the game.
Advertisement

inpachi789

Rank 0
Joined
24 Apr 2009
Posts
63
Location
United States
PostedApr 18, 2012 10:16 pm
Would you guys mind adding some more Channels to Sapphire.

I know it will not remove the lag it will at least spread out the population a bit so people with not so great computers don't have them explode in their face when they enter a place like Aven because of the ridiculous amount of people.

And this wouldn't be very costly and people would still gather in CH. 1 to sell their goods so I really don't see any reason not to add more channels once you finish upgrading the servers and what not.

Wheaty2054

Rank 0
Wheaty2054
Joined
07 Jan 2012
Posts
19
Location
Sydney Australia
PostedApr 19, 2012 8:00 pm
Thanks for the advice, when i get back from the library, i will try and do all those to help my game.
Anyways. Thanks for the advice, and i am itching to try it all out.

I can destroy your mind, and stuff it in a toilet, and if you read up to this point, you have just been hypnotized, now begone..

Akhenantn

Rank 0
Joined
26 Oct 2010
Posts
75
Location
Brazil
PostedApr 19, 2012 8:15 pm
I've done everything recommended. Playing on lowest configs that exists ever since merge, and today was a huge drop of rage, 5 seconds delay to EVERYTHING. This is unplayable, eden is my new big chat room.

Raynalese

Rank 0
Raynalese
Joined
01 Dec 2011
Posts
11
Location
United States
PostedApr 19, 2012 8:47 pm
Akhenantn wrote:
I've done everything recommended. Playing on lowest configs that exists ever since merge, and today was a huge drop of rage, 5 seconds delay to EVERYTHING. This is unplayable, eden is my new big chat room.  


Unfortunately some computers will have a harder time loading things. When I play on my dad's computer I get no lag and then when I play on my laptop I have tons of lag. It's just a lot of information for a computer to process and a lot of that lag can depend on your graphics card and ram :/. Sadly it's not like people can go out and buy a new computer though and who knows, some of it proly is server based Sad.

Akhenantn

Rank 0
Joined
26 Oct 2010
Posts
75
Location
Brazil
PostedApr 19, 2012 8:56 pm
Raynalese wrote:
Akhenantn wrote:
I've done everything recommended. Playing on lowest configs that exists ever since merge, and today was a huge drop of rage, 5 seconds delay to EVERYTHING. This is unplayable, eden is my new big chat room.  


Unfortunately some computers will have a harder time loading things. When I play on my dad's computer I get no lag and then when I play on my laptop I have tons of lag. It's just a lot of information for a computer to process and a lot of that lag can depend on your graphics card and ram :/. Sadly it's not like people can go out and buy a new computer though and who knows, some of it proly is server based Sad.  


It certainly is, mate. I mentioned lowering configs because every single gs/gm insists that that's the problem. Seriously, I play mmos that require far more graph stuff and I don't lag like this even on the main merchant town.

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
Joined
31 Dec 2007
Posts
980
Location
Roma Italy
PostedApr 19, 2012 10:42 pm
I play with a graphic configuration so low that my avatar in Eden Eternal is Fighter from Final Fantasy IV. I opted out to have animation when I strike an enemy, I just receive a message saying:
"▲▲ YOU STRIKE YOUR ENEMY(S)! DELIVER 504 DAMAGE(S)!"

I do still experience "Server busy" message when dealing with quest NPC, occasional delay when casting skills, and loading screens that last forever.
Plus the "occasionally but rarely" crash when I enter or exit arena.

I'm working to lower my grafic settings a little more, but I need Aeria to mail me mob's drop. I'll assign them to my character later.

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal

DeathMonkey47

Rank 0
DeathMonkey47
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Posts
166
Location
Australia
PostedApr 20, 2012 3:39 am
DatCow wrote:
Sighborg88 wrote:
Problem #1
Why:
2. Your computer needs to download more information from server, such as the weapon
that players are holding, clothes that the players are wearing as well as the characters'
location information, facing direction and speed etc.  


Maybe looking into finding ways to cut this amount of stuff down? Because it's fine and dandy to load things that I need, but when it makes me (with specs that are at least above the minimum, and I can play most other games just fine) lag all the time then maybe you need to look into cutting this down... especially after hearing that people who run Skyrim in full settings don't lag while they can get "computer" lag with minimum settings in TW.  


One way to cut that down would be to make it so we don't have to load all that data that we don't need. Every time someone enters Aven they need to load all the data for every player character. Even if they have no intention of shopping, all the shop characters need to get loaded. That's alot of wasted bandwidth for both client and server. There's no need to load all that crap if it's not getting used 99% of the time. What X-Legends needs to do is create a separate area just for player shops. Make a portal that leads to the area near the AH. That way the only people who have to load all that data are the ones using that data. Not only would it help with the client side lag (at least for people who don't want to use player shops), but might help take some load off the server not having to send useless data constantly.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
Joined
23 Nov 2007
Posts
1933
Location
Netherlands
PostedApr 20, 2012 3:57 am
DeathMonkey47 wrote:
DatCow wrote:
Sighborg88 wrote:
Problem #1
Why:
2. Your computer needs to download more information from server, such as the weapon
that players are holding, clothes that the players are wearing as well as the characters'
location information, facing direction and speed etc.  


Maybe looking into finding ways to cut this amount of stuff down? Because it's fine and dandy to load things that I need, but when it makes me (with specs that are at least above the minimum, and I can play most other games just fine) lag all the time then maybe you need to look into cutting this down... especially after hearing that people who run Skyrim in full settings don't lag while they can get "computer" lag with minimum settings in TW.  


One way to cut that down would be to make it so we don't have to load all that data that we don't need. Every time someone enters Aven they need to load all the data for every player character. Even if they have no intention of shopping, all the shop characters need to get loaded. That's alot of wasted bandwidth for both client and server. There's no need to load all that crap if it's not getting used 99% of the time. What X-Legends needs to do is create a separate area just for player shops. Make a portal that leads to the area near the AH. That way the only people who have to load all that data are the ones using that data. Not only would it help with the client side lag (at least for people who don't want to use player shops), but might help take some load off the server not having to send useless data constantly.  


Pretty good idea, it would be really nice if it works like guild towns, that you can enter the market place from any channel and end up at the same.

gekkehenky

Rank 0
Joined
20 Jan 2012
Posts
13
Location
Netherlands
PostedApr 20, 2012 6:30 am

nice

keep up the good work

and i dunno what harddrives u using , but maybe consider using flashdrives they work faster than regulair HD and stabel at high rates as well
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: