aeria.anex

Aeria: Product Manager
aeria.anex
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:19 pm   Last edited by aeria.anex on Aug 07, 2012 7:54 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Lime Odyssey Status Report 4/10

Hey LO Community,

I wanted to give everyone a status update on Lime Odyssey and when we can expect the game to commercialize.

Based on your feedback from the Alpha tests (on the forum, surveys, and just chitchat), weve worked with Sirius to begin the process of undertaking some major changes. These changes include:

Story-line quest redesign
      More exciting and less repetitive
      Quicker to get through the tutorial
      Increased visualization of tutorial windows
      Modify quest UI
      Updated quest navigation

Complete re-vamp of dungeons
      More dynamic
        Obtain keys to access trap doors
        Flame, spike, arrow damage traps
        Puzzles to lend way to new routes

Utilize open-world
        Ladders to different levels
        Platforming

Difficulty settings

Introduce player vs. player
      Start with 5v5 arena system
      Build to guild vs. guild (50 vs. 50)

Add title and ranking system
      Gain reputation and points
      Guild ranking
      Personal ranking (battle/crafting)

Modify chat
      Increase character chat limit
      Add world chat
      Add item linking in chat
      Add right-click character name for options

Update guild system
      Show proper log-in/log-out of members
      Add experience buff for partying with guild members
      Add guild skills
      Guild donation system

Upgrade party system
      Add experience buff
      Give drop advantage
      Fast party creation function

Add mentor system
      High level paired with newbie
      Add reward for mentee to reach certain level

Add new item customization
      Adjust stats to better meet play style

Update server stability
      Remove combat lag time

Add character profile inspect

Add quest history book

Add repeatable daily quests

Increase burst gauge buff

Add inventory auto organizer

Add private shops

Im sure youre now thinking, woah, that sounds awesome but its going to take some time. Well youre correct. The development and quality assurance time needed to complete these tasks is a few month engagement.

Please stand by us as we work hard to make Lime Odyssey the best game we can. We appreciate your patience and dedication.

Regards,

Anex

Note: As you may have seen in my previous post, the other territories of LO did not originally survive (expect relaunches) due to lacking these systems and changes. We believe it important to wait for these updates to make certain our game is of the highest quality possible to ensure lasting success.
Advertisement

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:24 pm
So glad, thank you, Anex!

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:25 pm
While Im sad that LO is getting delayed so long, I certainly feel its for the best.
These changes are going to make the game 100x more enjoyable, and the fact that Sirius actually listened to the players feedback and are making these changes is awesome.

I love the fact that they are spicing up the dungeons and quests, because Im sure as anyone who played the Alphas would agree, they were pretty stero-typical bland like your average MMORPG.

Im really looking forward to the NEW Lime Odyssey, and hope that even though we have a longer wait, everyone understands that its going to be more than well worth it.

.Selenai.

Rank 0
.Selenai.
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:25 pm   Last edited by .Selenai. on Apr 10, 2012 7:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Wow, all of this sounds amazing! Thank you for the update, Anex!

So, this delay due to the addition + revision of content means a late summer/early fall CBT release date, I'm guessing?

Marisabella

Rank 2
Marisabella
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:26 pm
Thanks for the update.

This is kinda disappointing because it means even more wait, but it's good you're trying to make the game as good as possible for release.

IF this means there's another alpha, I hope I am one of the lucky peeps in it again! Very Happy

M0nday

Rank 0
M0nday
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:27 pm
Thanks for the update, Anex! All the new features sound really nice. It'll be well worth the wait.

GMNyago

GameMaster: USA
GMNyago
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:28 pm
Thanks for making this post Anex!

I understand that this will be frustrating news for everyone, but the key thing here is that Sirius is actually listening to our feedback and valuing it enough to make these changes and fixes.

In the meantime I will be providing support on Eden Eternal while working on Lime Odyssey. If you guys find yourselves restless you can always try one of our the many games on our portal.

LO will be back before you guys know it. <3

Renren245

Rank 1
Renren245
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:30 pm
Oh goodness this is almost enought new content to warrent a third alpha... but i am eager to see all this new content in action even if it does take a while.

ittoujuu

Aeria: Admin
ittoujuu
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:33 pm
Congrats; if you got them to agree to that many changes, you are a true wrangler of men. I'm wondering what the priority list will be - some can be implemented without too much overhaul-work, but re-designing the dungeons with ladders and trap-doors and such might in some cases take full reworkings of the levels, and that could take time.

From my time spent in the game, the thing I'd like Sirius to look into most is the battle system - things like how normal attacks felt completely pointless, gear didn't seem to do much for your DEF, and how fighting wasn't very dynamic. IMO, almost everything about LO could stay as it is if they made combat more enjoyable to play, because ultimately, fighting stuff is what people spend a majority of their time doing in an MMO, so it should be fun.

Did Sirius say anything about combat, or were they mum on that?

::all the lights in the sky are stars::

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:34 pm
Oh my.. it looks like there's alot of very good things coming our way!

Add new item customization
Adjust stats to better meet play style

I wonder what that means, other than that, I'm REALLY looking forward to all this! Very Happy