llMiraiNikki

Rank 0
llMiraiNikki
PostedApr 10, 2012 10:15 am
Well, I agree that with the server merge there will be more players available for each level range of the DGNs.
What seems funny is that Aeria has mentioned that the game isn't dying but they have to merge 3 of the servers to have enough players in it.

Another thing is about guilds. Each server has it's Elite Guilds and there's gonna be 3x more in the new Sapphire server. Now, don't rage at me when I say this, each guild has its nice and helpful players but, they also have their arrogant "I'm better than you n00b" players as well.

I'm just hoping that the helpful players to Arrogant-ious Jerkoffs-ous ratio will have more of the friendly/helpful ones :c.

My main concern is the lag as well. My computer is well equipped to handle the # of players in Aven in ch 1 on Emerald w/ highest settings but now there's gonna be 3x as many players.
I'm really concerned that lag wave after lag wave will come. FPS lag is expected but I worry that server lag will be strongly present weeks after the server merge happens :c.

In short, I'm on/off about the server merge ; A ;
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedApr 10, 2012 10:50 am
jadstar2012 wrote:
With the server merge, I hope to see more people doing guild quests in Shiver Peak.
Right now it is impossible to find GQ parties there. Guess I will find out soon....  

probably won't change people's lack of interest in doing a GQ for 85silver. Yes the monster requirement got drop, no the price to buy the GQ didn't, oh but the reward sure did. Why waste time on a GQ with minimal reward when you can level faster in a sturm party.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedApr 10, 2012 10:52 am
llMiraiNikki wrote:
What seems funny is that Aeria has mentioned that the game isn't dying but they have to merge 3 of the servers to have enough players in it.  
No matter how much I like to give lip to Aeria, this is not what they said.
The given reason to merge the three server is not "We don't have enough players, let's cram all of them in a single place". To start, they should be very stupid to think that a good share of player would not migrate to the new one, so the merge will still left the old server far from being stuffed.
The reason of the merge, as far as I understood, is to reduce the processing required to the servers (as physical machines) focusing on a couple of server (game enviroment) instead of four.
Why the second (or fourth if you count the deleted ones) server? Because Eden Eternal players are often jerks to lower level players. A lot. A new server would means that many player will start from scratch at the same time, and while future-jerks are busy powerleveling, regular and casual players can help newbies.

That said, I preentively apologize to no-jerk top players, both of them.

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal

AvalonRequiem

Rank 0
AvalonRequiem
PostedApr 10, 2012 11:01 am
Laurentio wrote:
llMiraiNikki wrote:
No matter how much I like to give lip to Aeria, this is not what they said.
The given reason to merge the three server is not "We don't have enough players, let's cram all of them in a single place". To start, they should be very stupid to think that a good share of player would not migrate to the new one, so the merge will still left the old server far from being stuffed.
The reason of the merge, as far as I understood, is to reduce the processing required to the servers (as physical machines) focusing on a couple of server (game enviroment) instead of four.
Why the second (or fourth if you count the deleted ones) server? Because Eden Eternal players are often jerks to lower level players. A lot. A new server would means that many player will start from scratch at the same time, and while future-jerks are busy powerleveling, regular and casual players can help newbies.

That said, I preentively apologize to no-jerk top players, both of them.  

I never really thought of it this way, but now that you've said it, it makes more sense. I'm almost lvl 50 and still get called a noob sometimes by those arrogant players. xD being the troll I am I shrug it off, flip the situation around, comment on their horrible grammar and laugh at them being flustered. I could see how it could really bother newer players though if they'd get teased and bashed for not knowing how aspect of the game work.

I wont lie, Eden does need more polite, nice minded people willing to help the newer players. So I can see their logic in all of this really if I think of it that way.

All in all I don't see why people complain. They should be grateful Aeria cares enough to still work on their game.. unlike some- forgotten, lonesome, games on their list that they don't care about ._. *cough*

dreaming of mirros with Suba now! This account has been abandoned. ouo Thankyou for nothing.

lildeviruchi

Rank 2
lildeviruchi
PostedApr 10, 2012 11:09 am
jadstar2012 wrote:
With the server merge, I hope to see more people doing guild quests in Shiver Peak.
Right now it is sort of impossible to find GQ parties in Aquamarine (I think). Guess I will find out soon....  

Probably won't be as big as an increase as you might hope. I rare see people asking for GQ parties in Shiver/Witchcraft. Everyone is off doing their own private runs with guild mates and what not. :x

PoolHooss wrote:
Also betting that TWs won't be much of a pillow fight anymore..though can still use variety of fields, some days rush-to-crystal, other days more strategic. Earlier my guild leader alone got us 8.3% of nabbing a crystal, gonna be harder to repeat that XD  

Don't know about other servers but Aquamarine has had a quite a bit of action these past two or so weeks. It only works if Elitez and Deity are on opposite teams though. Other guilds that are semi-big don't even attempt because they're too lazy/scared to give it a try and just decide to go afk until timer dies.

I do look forward to TW though. Want to see how hectic it is this coming Thursday.

[ Juro - Somewhere called Sapphire - Imminent - Missing ]<br>

jestysaur

Rank 0
jestysaur
PostedApr 10, 2012 11:27 am

Re: Server Launch and Server Merge

Important Announcement
Sighborg88 wrote:
For those concerned about frame lag and the impact of additional players on their computer's performance, we recommend reducing graphics settings, using the 'hide players' button, or switching channels to one with fewer people.  

It's likely just me, but I did play this game at the lowest settings, with hide players on almost constantly, and always on any channel BUT 1/4. And I still had lag/framerate problems. Which is why I quit. lol

That said, the name changing rules are kind of... ehh.
I mean, a lot of people use real names/words for character names. So you're telling us, basically, if someone is 5x, and just a really slow leveler/not in a guild/not a guild leader, yet has played for much longer, they're going to lose their name to someone else who's 6x/a guild leader/newer player than them?

If that's so, that's laughable. ;x

I'm glad I quit when I did. I wouldn't be able to handle the lag from all 3 servers being shoved together (unless Aeria/XLegends can finally solve the lag issues that they've been struggling with for more than half of a year). Have fun, everyone.

dreamocracy

Rank 3
dreamocracy
PostedApr 10, 2012 11:33 am

Important Announcement
jestysaur wrote:
Sighborg88 wrote:
So you're telling us, basically, if someone is 5x, and just a really slow leveler/not in a guild/not a guild leader, yet has played for much longer, they're going to lose their name to someone else who's 6x/a guild leader/newer player than them?  

Yeah, they are weighing how recently someone has played(which can indicate how active they are) over longevity, because if two people are both lvl 60 guild members but one hasn't played in weeks, the one who played more recently will get the name.

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedApr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Important Announcement
dreamocracy wrote:
jestysaur wrote:
Sighborg88 wrote:
So you're telling us, basically, if someone is 5x, and just a really slow leveler/not in a guild/not a guild leader, yet has played for much longer, they're going to lose their name to someone else who's 6x/a guild leader/newer player than them?  

Yeah, they are weighing how recently someone has played(which can indicate how active they are) over longevity, because if two people are both lvl 60 guild members but one hasn't played in weeks, the one who played more recently will get the name.  

From what i understand by reading this:
"Log at 5:55am PST in all your characters, and the name will be yours."

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedApr 10, 2012 12:24 pm   Last edited by PoolHooss on Apr 10, 2012 12:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Important Announcement
pervddl wrote:
dreamocracy wrote:
jestysaur wrote:
Sighborg88 wrote:

Well I'm glad all my names are pretty unique. I tested them on other servers and they were free so I should be fine :3

Edit: I should probably remove this, I sense the presence of many trollfaces appearing = =''

dreamocracy

Rank 3
dreamocracy
PostedApr 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Important Announcement
pervddl wrote:

Not Quite. They check things in this order:

1. if the player is not a guild leader.
2. if the player is lower in level.
3. if the player is a guild member.
4. last play time for the player.
If the character is a leader of a guild, or has the higher level, they will most likely not have their name changed.
However, if the two characters are both guild leaders with capped levels, the one to have played latest will not have to change their name.  

The only time that the time they logged in will be taken into account is if the two are both the same level and both in a guild or both guild leaders. Hope that makes more sense!