FuriousBalmung

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2012 3:57 am

Having issues with the installer. Details within.

I had no issue with the EE downloader. It appeared to download the full 2+ gb, and asked me to install. Once I tell it to install, all appears to go well.

The problem is, once it finishes, all I get an icon for is the Aeria Launcher, which only gives me the option to install EE. When it installs (again), I still have what seems like no files related to EE other than the launcher. Attached, I have included screenshots.

In my C:// destination, there is an Aeria Games folder. Inside, there is an empty Downloader folder, and an EE folder with two browser links, and an uninstall option.

In my Progam Files, there is another AeriaGames folder. Inside is simply the files for Aeria Ignite.

^ Here is a picture of the EE installer finishing, appearing to install correctly.

^ These are the two icons that it installs. A blank EE that gives me the option to browse, and Aeria Ignite.

I would also like to note that, although the installer says it requires 2+ GB of space, after the installer finishes, none of the space is used up that it claims to be using.

TRIED SOLUTIONS

- System restart.
- Running the Aeria Launcher in Administrator Mode, installing EE.
- Uninstall / Reinstall
- All AV/FW software has been disabled since before I touched an EE download of any kind.

Specs

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Quad Core
Nvidia 8800 GT
DirectX updated fully

Any help is very much appreciated. If I've left any key information out, I will reply ASAP.

Thank you,

- FB
Advertisement

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
PostedApr 02, 2012 7:32 am
That is quite interesting that it wouldn't install the Eden files themselves. It is possible there is a bug with the new installer. I'll pass this along so it can be looked into. In the mean time try grabbing the installer from OnRPG. It is a little older and doesn't have the Ignite stuff in it. The game's launcher will patch to the newest content.

FuriousBalmung

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2012 3:40 pm
I'll give that a try and update this thread. Thank you for the quick reply. Smile

FuriousBalmung

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2012 9:09 pm

That is quite interesting that it wouldn't install the Eden files themselves. It is possible there is a bug with the new installer. I'll pass this along so it can be looked into. In the mean time try grabbing the installer from OnRPG. It is a little older and doesn't have the Ignite stuff in it. The game's launcher will patch to the newest content.  

Resolved

Thank you very much for your support. Game seems to be running fine, now!

Ineriyo

Rank 0
PostedApr 05, 2012 6:18 pm
The same thing happened to me, but, after I downloaded the installer, it said that I didn't have permission to access the file. I'm currently on a Windows XP, and I've tried running it as an admin.

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
PostedApr 05, 2012 6:25 pm
Ineriyo wrote:
The same thing happened to me, but, after I downloaded the installer, it said that I didn't have permission to access the file. I'm currently on a Windows XP, and I've tried running it as an admin.  

Sometimes redownloading the installer will take care of this otherwise you may have a permissions issue with the folder or file itself.

zachkey

Rank 0
PostedMar 14, 2013 9:02 am
The same thing is happening to me and has not been fixed yet. I'll try downloading the other client, but I'm just letting you know the problem is still persisting.