FanGirlSqueal

Rank 2
FanGirlSqueal
PostedApr 01, 2012 7:58 pm   Last edited by FanGirlSqueal on Oct 18, 2012 8:48 pm. Edited 5 times in total

[Official] Chat Etiquette for DDTank Chat

Hey look! I used a fancy word :]
Lately, there has been confusion on
The Dos and Don'ts of DDTank chat.

Read the information below for more information on basic chat behavior.

♥~•~Please Avoid~•~♥

Spamming
  • No typing in all caps
  • Repeating the same thing over and over (e.g. Kkkkkkkkkk, :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3, lolllollololololol)
  • wRiTiNg LiKe ThIs Is BaD ToOoOoOoOoOo!1!1!1!
  • Saying something in current and then trumpet
  • Posting the same message (e.g. S> es3, S> es3 , S> es3, etc.)
  • Sending disruptive messages to make it harder for others to see other chats (e.g. Sending the alphabet in 27 different messages)

Still confused about spamming ? Click !

Swearing or Filter Dodging
  • Using words that sound/look/rhythm with swear words or filtered words is called "Filter Dodging" and is just as bad as swearing. Also includes removing a few letters so the word is still read as that bad word.

Abusing Trumpet/Horn uses
  • Trumpets/horns are for important notices!
  • Chat stays in that chat! (Someone pms something and you trumpet it is rude)
  • Using 6 trumpets/horns when you can easily use 1
  • Trumpet wars are also a no-no
  • Trumpeting/horning non-sense is abusing the system. (e.g. o.o , KKkkkkkkk, I love DDTank [when said all the time] , Posting song lyrics [often and in a lot of trumpets]
    (Stating Rules that are being broken is NOT non-sense, if they are being broken within the Trumpet/Horn System.

Tips - Auction House
Try using the Auction house. It will cut down on spam and frees you to play instead of posting messages all day long! People can message you if they think your item is over priced or they can buy from there! It would make it easy to get the best prices for buying or selling! You can see what other people are paying so you buy or sell for a fair price! And it also shows if a item is rare or not! The more in the AH, the less rare it is!

~ Please note that this is a simple guideline and the chat rules are not limited to the items on this post. ~
Advertisement

FANG122.

Rank 0
FANG122.
PostedApr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Hmmm.

Whats the main purpose of the horns if you don't mind me asking.

FANG.XY1|SaberTooth|Counselor General|Wei

FanGirlSqueal

Rank 2
FanGirlSqueal
PostedApr 05, 2012 1:50 pm
They are for announcements, as stated above.
Not for spamming.
As in trumpet wars, horn horns, insulting people, insulting groups of people. Commonly people use them to call each other "noobs" or "digging noobs" or " {Insert League Name here] noobs" or even "[Insert IGN Here] has quit the battle ~ "

And that's just abusing the system, those can easily be done in the pms, or not done at all. The other person probably chose the league they are in for a reason, and if they quit, you win, why complain? They might of d/c, or if they are like me, they fall off the bed, and turn the laptop off with really bad failing skillage! Very Happy

Horns are for important announcements, and maybe cute ones, but not a lot of them...

FANG122.

Rank 0
FANG122.
PostedApr 05, 2012 6:26 pm
Oh I see.

FANG.XY1|SaberTooth|Counselor General|Wei

swisherbear

Rank 0
swisherbear
PostedMay 19, 2012 2:43 pm
sometimes all caps can add a sense of excitement.. like saying "HI FAMIKO!" that shows that someone is excited to see you, am I right would you tell them.."Don't say hi to me in all caps becuase your happy to see me, its annoying" ?

ErinYee

Rank 2
ErinYee
PostedMay 19, 2012 4:35 pm
swisherbear wrote:
sometimes all caps can add a sense of excitement.. like saying "HI FAMIKO!" that shows that someone is excited to see you, am I right would you tell them.."Don't say hi to me in all caps becuase your happy to see me, its annoying" ?  
Nooo, of course not silly! <3
I'm pretty sure that isn't what Fammy meant.

Getting excited is very normal and talking in CAPS is sometimes not avoidable; think about people with capitalized letters.
In your example, maybe if someone hasn't seen Fammy for a long time he/she can type that out of excitement. ^__^
That's all fine~

As long as he/she doesn't use 23595 trumpets spamming the chat with:
'HI FAMIKO'
'HI FAMIKO'
'HI FAMIKO'
'HI FAMIKO'
'HI FAMIKO'
'HI FAMIKO'

That would disrupt other people's gameplay.
Saying 'HI FAMIKO' once, because he/she hasn't seen her for ages, will not.
We can't really set any borderlines (eg. if you talk once in caps, it's insta-ban), it eventually comes down to player's ethic and common sense.

swisherbear

Rank 0
swisherbear
PostedMay 19, 2012 6:20 pm
I would of said spamming if I meant spaming.
And I know of past experience of a GS saying that it was bad when someone said hi to a person in all caps, not spamming jsut saying HI BLANK and she said that it was bad and blah blah blah

FanGirlSqueal

Rank 2
FanGirlSqueal
PostedJun 08, 2012 3:17 pm
Commonly, that's said as a warning so you dont say,

"HI JAACCCKKIIIEEE"
"WASSUP"
"NM H R UUUU<333?"
and so on and so forth

It's to make sure that you don't continue using the caps, warnings are just warnings, so don't worry to much ^^