Aeria's meebo is currently down and this isn't entirely uncommon. A useful option is to use meebo directly through meebo.com instead of through Aeria.
Does not malfunction frequently.
Contains no ads.
It is a universal chat client, so you can also connect MSN, YIM, Facebook, etc if you wish.
Follows you around the internet so that you don't disconnect every time you navigate away from aeriagames.com.
Stores chat logs so that you can keep track of conversations, trades, etc.
Does not track status updates or notify you of new PMs.
Does not support IRC
- Disable meebo on Aeria by going into your account settings (top right of the page, mouse over your username and click Settings). Under the Preferences tab, uncheck Enable Meebo Bar.
- Go here and register a new account.
- Once you're registered and logged on, you can add any of your existing accounts here by clicking on + Sign on to more accounts. Start by adding your Aeria meebo account.
- Network: Jabber
Login: <accountID#>@aeriagames.com without brackets. You can find your account ID number by going into your account settings here on Aeria. Check the address bar in your browser for a number in the URL. It will look like http://www.aeriagames.com/user/NUMBERHERE/edit. That number is your account ID number. For example, my Aeria meebo address would be firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Your usual password for logging on forums and in game.
- Next, you can download meebo's mini-bar application for your browser by clicking here.
- Once this is done, restart your browser. You can log in to meebo by clicking on your new mini-bar, or if you're using a modern browser, you can save your login information and connect automatically whenever you open the browser.