Moodful

Rank 0
Moodful
PostedMar 30, 2012 5:00 am

"Cannot connect to server"

I'm unable to get pass the game log in screen.
I can't log in through the game. It keeps saying "Cannot connect to server." I'm
new to Eden Eternal and Aeria Games, and after I downloaded and installed Eden
Eternal, I managed to get into the game and create some characters,
more in search of IGN's that I'd like first before actually starting the game.
I decided to delete and recreate some of the characters that I've made, I was indecisive
with my character's appearances and starting attributes. But after I
recreated a few characters, I couldn't delete anymore characters, the
password input box for the delete character confirmation wouldn't pop up, and the
delete option became unclickable, almost like the game stopped responding;
I then disconnected and wasn't able to log back in since.

Can anyone help me? I'm currently using McAfee firewall, but I don't think that it's my firewall that's causing the problem. I've already placed Eden Eternal and Aeria Ignite on Full Access, and I've tried shutting off my Firewall completely to see if it lets me get pass the game log in screen. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting my computer. None of it seems to work for me. I'd really like to get started on this game, but I'm not really tech-smart, so I have no idea where to go to find the problem. If someone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
Advertisement

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
PostedMar 30, 2012 8:13 am

I decided to delete and recreate some of the characters that I've made, I was indecisive
with my character's appearances and starting attributes. But after I
recreated a few characters, I couldn't delete anymore characters, the
password input box for the delete character confirmation wouldn't pop up, and the
delete option became unclickable, almost like the game stopped responding;
I then disconnected and wasn't able to log back in since.  

It doesn't really make sense as to why this would cause it to be unable to connect again, unless it is part of the anti-bot system. Sometimes spammers will make and delete characters quickly so it might have triggered something.

I would do a tracert to make sure the connection is still good. If it looks good try another account and if that works I would send a ticket for the GMs to check into the account.

Just adding this in case you missed the sticky.

Cannot Connect to Server

If you receive a "Cannot Connect to Server" error while trying to log in to the game the first thing you will want to do is check to see if we are in maintenance or not. Generally maintenance is held on Wednesday Evenings (PST). You can check the shoutbox on this forum and ask if it is currently maintenance or if other people are having problems. Players are also able to check the status of the Eden servers on GameServerStatus.com.

If the server is not in maintenance and other users are not having issues then chances are the problem is most likely on your end.

First thing you'll want to do is make sure any firewalls or antivirus you are running allows the _Launcher.exe to pass through. Since there are so many different antivirus programs out there I will simply suggest using Google to do a search for "[Your antivirus name] add exception". This will most likely return some helpful results. You may need to do this for any antimalware programs you have running as well, again simple Google "[Your antimalware] add exception or whitelist" and you should find directions on adding exceptions.

Also remember that Windows has its own built in firewall, you may need to manually add an exception for the _Launcher.exe to this firewall.
Adding an Exception for Windows XP Instructions.
Adding an Exception for Windows Vista Instructions.
Adding an Exception for Windows 7 Instructions.
Remember the default location for the _Launcher.exe is C:\AeriaGames\EdenEternal

If the _Launcher.exe is allowed through your antivirus and firewall the next thing you will want to do is run a tracert to the Eden servers. This will map out the connection between you and the server and show any possible trouble nodes along the way. Follow the directions in this thread to do a tracert. Generally if you start getting readings of 300ms or higher you may experience disconnections or not be able to connect properly. Keep in mind that the Eden servers are located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. If you are in a country that is relatively far from Eastern Canada it is more likely that you will have higher pings.  

killjoint5

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2012 9:51 am

pls

help
i am also having this probel just now. pls i want my char i tried so hard for it . why is this happening . olwies cannot connect to server. pls i ma w8ing for replies . i riy need help.

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
PostedApr 01, 2012 9:57 am

Re: pls

help
killjoint5 wrote:
i am also having this probel just now. pls i want my char i tried so hard for it . why is this happening . olwies cannot connect to server. pls i ma w8ing for replies . i riy need help.  

If none of the things listed above work you may need to send a ticket so that the GM team can look into your issue.

killjoint5

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2012 2:00 pm

help

help
i sent a ticket a while ago. il w8 for the reply . i rily want my char back. why is this happening. i already re installed the game . stil not working T_T