firedark56

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2012 4:05 am
It has been a while since the Pikin left. Many of our kind have already gone to search for answers of what the Land Below is like, and to search for Lime.

“Can I go?” I ask my mother.

I've been here my whole life. Everyday, I make a new discovery, and yet it feels... empty. Not exciting. Not the feeling I expect to have whenever I see something different from the usual.

“No,” she replies.

“But why?” I persist.

“It's far too dangerous. And you don't even know what it's like down there.” she says.

Some people say that your home is your sanctuary, and that it should be looked after, as it looks after you. The island edges closer to the Land Below, threatening to crash. Every single day, worry and dread fills the village, with no reassurance that we'll be safe.

“But if I go, I could make the island float back up again!” I respond somewhat optimistically.

“The Lime is just a myth,” my mother says, “Don't expect to find any, even if you go to the Land Below.”

“But what if...”

“No 'what ifs'!” she says. “Now, go find these for me, from the forest.”

She hands me a long list, and I skim through it, sighing, preparing to leave.

“Alright then...” I say, not very enthusiastically.

The forest enchants me with its beauty. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I've been here, it's as if it changes each day, yet it does not. One thing, however, catches my attention.
Behind some leaves, I notice a gentle, pulsing glint. Feeling some sort of strange connection, I move towards this light, and make one of my daily discoveries, but this time, I feel much different than usual. Excitement flows through me, as I pick a small, blue stone up.

I rush back home, eager to show what I've found to Mother.

“You're quick today,” she remarks, as I rummage around my pockets to find the stone.

“Look what I've found!” I say.

She glances at the stone, and doesn't say anything. Then she does.

“I suppose I couldn't have stopped you even if I tried,” she sighs.

What does she mean?

“Your father. Your brothers and sisters,” she continues, “they've all left us. I haven't heard from them. For all I know, they could be dead.”

“And for what reason? The Lime.” she says bitterly.

I'm speechless. I'm not quite sure what to say. But then I do. I know what must be done to complete my sanctuary; my home.

“I'll find them, I promise.”
Advertisement

Dubblew

Rank 4
Dubblew
PostedMar 29, 2012 8:08 am
Isn't this event to go on April 14th? Why are already people applying for it? O_O Did I miss something?

MeiuAngel

Rank 2
MeiuAngel
PostedMar 29, 2012 8:43 am
You have to post your entry before the 14th of April in order to participate. That's the closing date, not the date it opens =D

Dubblew

Rank 4
Dubblew
PostedMar 29, 2012 10:22 am
MeiuAngel wrote:
You have to post your entry before the 14th of April in order to participate. That's the closing date, not the date it opens =D  
Ohhhhhh okay... Bit noob there O_o'' my bad Razz

astrofirefox9

Rank 0
astrofirefox9
PostedApr 07, 2012 11:01 pm
The Muris Detective

Sally bent over to examine the tracks on the ground and brushed a piece of her blonde hair away.

"Hmm....They look like fox tracks...." Sally straightened up and turned to look at her assistant and best friend, Henry. "We know what the culprit is. We just need to catch him or her in the act."

Henry nodded and asked, "How will we do that, Sally?"

Sally adjusted her leather cap and thought for a moment then answered, "We'll lay a trap."

Henry nodded once more. "Good idea."

Sally had brown fur and green eyes. She was dressed in a red shirt, brown trousers, and a pair of brown shoes. There was a slit in the back of her trousers for her tail and there were 2 slits in her brown cap where her ears stuck out.

Henry had brown fur, black hair, and blue eyes. He wore a green shirt, blue trousers, and a pair of black shoes. His trousers had the same slit in the back that Sally's had for her tail.

Henry's ears twitched. "How will we trap the fox?"

Sally thought for a few minutes then responded, "Well, he or she has been stealing noodles lately so I assume they will again. We'll just leave some noodles out and wait for the theif then catch them with a net."

Henry smiled. "Sounds good. When is it going to happen?"

Sally looked up at the sky. "Tonight. Just get permission from your parents first. I'll have to ask mine too."

Henry nodded. "Alright. Hey, Sally. If we solve this case tonight, this will be our tenth case we've solved in a row. Isn't that awesome?

Sally smiled. "Yea." She turned and looked back at him. "I'll go get the supplies we'll need. I'll meet you behind the general store in a hour."

Henry saluted her then turned and ran off in the direction of his house.

Sally faced forward and started walking toward her hourse. She was sure her parents would say yes. They were used to her solving cases now and this one wasn't dangerous at all.

She started thinking of each thing that she would need when suddenly a blue burst of light shot up into the sky. Her eyes widened and because of her curious nature, she started running toward the source of the blue light.

Once she reached it, she walked up to it and the light started talking. "The Lime has returned. Any adventurer willing to search for it, go out and seek it. Spread the word."

Other people had arrived as it had started talking and they started whispering to each other.

"Could it be true? Has the Lime really returned?" "The Lime hasn't been seen for thousands of years." "Is this some kind of trick?"

Sally's curiousty peaked even more. What was this Lime?

Henry ran up to her. "Sally, are you okay?"

She nodded and looked at him. "Did you hear what it said?"

He nodded. "Yea. I ran over here when I saw it."

Sally's eyes were wide. "This is could be the ultimate case...We could go on an adventure and search for it, Henry!"

Henry smiled a little. "That sounds cool, but would our parents even let us go?"

Sally sighed. "We would have to ask...."

Her and Henry's parents walked up. Sally's mom said, "So you want to go searching for the Lime?"

Henry and Sally looked up, unaware that their parents had heard them.

Sally spoke up, "Yes, but we won't do it without your permission."

Their parents looked at each other. Sally's dad said, "Well, they are both fifteen."

Henry's dad responded, "Supplies won't be too much of a hassle."

Henry's mom spoke up, "But how will they defend themselves?"

Sally's dad grinned. "They can each choose a battle class and we can afford the weapons and armor they'll need."

Sally's mom glanced at Henry and Sally. "They can also learn the beginning of a trade before they start off."

Sally looked at Henry then back at their parents. "So the answer is?...."

Sally's dad smiled. "The asnwer is yes." Sally's mom and Henry's parents nodded.

Sally started jumping up and down with excitement. "This will be the most challenging case yet!"

Henry smiled at her. "But don't forget about trapping that fox tonight."

Sally stopped. "Oh yea..." She turned to their parents once more. "May we go out tonight and trap a fox?"

Sally's dad asnwered, "Of course." Sally's mom responded, "Just be careful."

Sally nodded. "We will." She turned to Henry. "I'll hurry and get the supples then meet you at the back of the general store."

Henry nodded. "Okay."

Sally turned and ran off toward her house to collect the supplies as the blue column of light still shot up into the sky. It would be sometime before Henry and her could start on their adventure but it would truely be the most challenging case of their lives.

mamu24

Rank 0
mamu24
PostedApr 08, 2012 12:16 am
once upon a time there was a cute muris happy with her new master controling her to the new world of Orta. doing quest errands, talking to her new found friends and stuff but suddenly while she was running.....

muris: ack! whats happening i cant move my body IAM STUCK!

the end? hopefully to be continued.. ;x

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:29 am

Beckoning Lime

a little "tail" for the Muris story time...
Hey everyone!

I'm a Grand Fantasia player, and I'm excited about Lime Odyssey. This is the first time I've posted on an Aeria forum, so forgive me if I'm a bit wobbly and don't know what I'm doing.

It's kind of funny to me that most everyone ended up doing the coming-of-age/no-mom-I'm-going-on-this-journey kind of story, but I think it definitely fits. Kudos to everyone who has been wordsmithing!

For my story, I tried to incorporate lots of bits of the Lime lore and jargon as well as some game dynamics. Thanks for this fun little game, but mostly I just hope you enjoy the story!

Cheers!
Bai

+++++++

Oh, how the little Muris Bai hoped that the tea garden’s rusty muscovite gate wouldn’t squeak. He knew how keen Father and Mother’s big, twitching ears were, and he’d already made it down the creaky stairs by creeping on his paws, through his parents quaint, sweet-smelling tea shop below their rooms, and quietly out the door. It would be such a shame to give up now, and on such a mysterious, beckoning night. Crouching behind some the garden’s herbs destined for the life-giving brews sold in the shop, Bai remembered the stories his sister, Wai, had told him about the land and life beyond their little town of Pripet, beyond their floating island continent. Stories of mining, cruel monsters, guilds, quests… and Lime.

Bai knew the penalty for sneaking out: more work in the tea garden and shop -- more and more and more. In a city famous for its tea, in a garden still more famous for its tea, Bai’s parents were even more famous master tea crafters even among master tea crafters. Their teas could make a Muris stronger than a Turga warrior – or bring the injured back from the brink of death. It was simply understood that young Bai would follow in his parents’ footsteps, in the family tradition, and carry on their work of tea crafting. He had the talent, skill, upbringing. It was expected of him, and Bai could certainly do it. He was to behave responsibly.

But that is exactly why Bai could not accept it. He could not quietly pass through a predictable life of gardening and brewing. Not when the mystery of Lime was the hushed whisper of every gossiper, which of course meant almost every Muris.

Not even a full sun-cycle had passed since Wai had run away from home with the family grimoire tucked under her cloak to pursue adventures beyond home and to discover Lime. She had returned home penniless, starved, sick, missing two fingers on her left paw, and nearly dead. She was the only survivor among a band of guild mates questing to defeat the brutal monster Sekhmet. Perhaps even worse than losing a few fingers, in her escape Wai had lost the family’s most precious heirloom, that grimoire passed down from their ancestors, the old ones.

Even while skillfully using their potions to save Wai’s life, their parents’ compassion was mixed with disappointment and anger. Meaning to make an example out of her for Bai, they shunned Wai and openly resented her for losing the grimoire. Despite grieving fallen friends and dealing with this punishment, Wai never regretted her decision to leave. That is why, when they were alone in the tea garden, she had recounted to her brother the love of the open country and the beautiful night sky as a roof. Out there, her guild worked together as a unit to sustain each other and pursue Lime. She used her tea gardening skills to gather and prepare wonderful foods and teas to support her team. In battle she bent the elements to bring down heavy damage upon foes, alongside healing clerics and behind the ranks of sneaky thieves and protecting warriors.

It was tales of those warriors that Bai dreamed about at night. Wai had told him about one independent warrior in particular who was also a blacksmith; he mined cold rocks and turned them into powerful weapons in his bare paws. Bai had even gotten his own paws on a Pikin Jewel and, to his amazement, had been able to some crude solvent and jewel extract to fashion a rather decent Adventurer’s Sword. He did this with no training at all. Was it the will of Nysis that Bai become a blacksmith and warrior? His young imagination was filled with flashing armor, glinting in the hot Ortan sun, easily deflecting the claws, teeth and horns of savage beasts.

But now Bai cowered in the night’s inviting shadows, peeping out from behind a row of shrubs, craning his eyes to just make out the meadow beyond Pripet’s towering windmills and quaint houses. Beyond the meadow was the end of the continent, and the way to the world below.

For a moment, he wished that he could just use some kind of magical alchemy to open the gate, like the powers wielded by “sprites” in a book he had read. Such a ridiculous thought forced Bai to slap his paws over his mouth to choke back a burst of a laugher that surely would have woken his parents. No, there would be no little helpers speaking poorly-translated English on this journey! Bai couldn’t help but snicker to himself at the absurdity…

Gathering his focus again, Bai slowly pulled his handmade dagger from his belt and used it to pry the gate’s latch open with a click so faint even the best Muris ears would not have heard it from inside the tea house. From his backpack he took crude solvent he had stashed and applied it to the gate’s hinges. With a gentle push, the door opened freely and easily. Most importantly, it opened quietly.

Bai slipped through the gate. Closing it behind himself, he took a final gaze at home, but there was no returning to its dark doorway now. From his big ears to his furry feat, Bai could hear the call of adventure, curiosity and a more meaningful life. He could feel the call of Lime.

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedApr 10, 2012 7:31 am
astrofirefox9 wrote:
The Muris Detective

Sally bent over to examine the tracks on the ground and brushed a piece of her blonde hair away.

"Hmm....They look like fox tracks...." Sally straightened up and turned to look at her assistant and best friend, Henry. "We know what the culprit is. We just need to catch him or her in the act."

Henry nodded and asked, "How will we do that, Sally?"

Sally adjusted her leather cap and thought for a moment then answered, "We'll lay a trap."

Henry nodded once more. "Good idea."

Sally had brown fur and green eyes. She was dressed in a red shirt, brown trousers, and a pair of brown shoes. There was a slit in the back of her trousers for her tail and there were 2 slits in her brown cap where her ears stuck out.

Henry had brown fur, black hair, and blue eyes. He wore a green shirt, blue trousers, and a pair of black shoes. His trousers had the same slit in the back that Sally's had for her tail.

Henry's ears twitched. "How will we trap the fox?"

Sally thought for a few minutes then responded, "Well, he or she has been stealing noodles lately so I assume they will again. We'll just leave some noodles out and wait for the theif then catch them with a net."

Henry smiled. "Sounds good. When is it going to happen?"

Sally looked up at the sky. "Tonight. Just get permission from your parents first. I'll have to ask mine too."

Henry nodded. "Alright. Hey, Sally. If we solve this case tonight, this will be our tenth case we've solved in a row. Isn't that awesome?

Sally smiled. "Yea." She turned and looked back at him. "I'll go get the supplies we'll need. I'll meet you behind the general store in a hour."

Henry saluted her then turned and ran off in the direction of his house.

Sally faced forward and started walking toward her hourse. She was sure her parents would say yes. They were used to her solving cases now and this one wasn't dangerous at all.

She started thinking of each thing that she would need when suddenly a blue burst of light shot up into the sky. Her eyes widened and because of her curious nature, she started running toward the source of the blue light.

Once she reached it, she walked up to it and the light started talking. "The Lime has returned. Any adventurer willing to search for it, go out and seek it. Spread the word."

Other people had arrived as it had started talking and they started whispering to each other.

"Could it be true? Has the Lime really returned?" "The Lime hasn't been seen for thousands of years." "Is this some kind of trick?"

Sally's curiousty peaked even more. What was this Lime?

Henry ran up to her. "Sally, are you okay?"

She nodded and looked at him. "Did you hear what it said?"

He nodded. "Yea. I ran over here when I saw it."

Sally's eyes were wide. "This is could be the ultimate case...We could go on an adventure and search for it, Henry!"

Henry smiled a little. "That sounds cool, but would our parents even let us go?"

Sally sighed. "We would have to ask...."

Her and Henry's parents walked up. Sally's mom said, "So you want to go searching for the Lime?"

Henry and Sally looked up, unaware that their parents had heard them.

Sally spoke up, "Yes, but we won't do it without your permission."

Their parents looked at each other. Sally's dad said, "Well, they are both fifteen."

Henry's dad responded, "Supplies won't be too much of a hassle."

Henry's mom spoke up, "But how will they defend themselves?"

Sally's dad grinned. "They can each choose a battle class and we can afford the weapons and armor they'll need."

Sally's mom glanced at Henry and Sally. "They can also learn the beginning of a trade before they start off."

Sally looked at Henry then back at their parents. "So the answer is?...."

Sally's dad smiled. "The asnwer is yes." Sally's mom and Henry's parents nodded.

Sally started jumping up and down with excitement. "This will be the most challenging case yet!"

Henry smiled at her. "But don't forget about trapping that fox tonight."

Sally stopped. "Oh yea..." She turned to their parents once more. "May we go out tonight and trap a fox?"

Sally's dad asnwered, "Of course." Sally's mom responded, "Just be careful."

Sally nodded. "We will." She turned to Henry. "I'll hurry and get the supples then meet you at the back of the general store."

Henry nodded. "Okay."

Sally turned and ran off toward her house to collect the supplies as the blue column of light still shot up into the sky. It would be sometime before Henry and her could start on their adventure but it would truely be the most challenging case of their lives.  

Great dialogue!

omgitsneil

Rank 0
omgitsneil
PostedApr 13, 2012 3:23 am

Into the Sea of Fate

The Adventure of the Chosen Muris
Fate had brought a child to Ellana, the chosen one. For one thing fate knew, this child was mystically unique—difference shades the very nature of her soul.

Over the years, children kept their distance to Ellana. Perhaps, it was her spotted skin shown through the sun’s rays. One thing you can see in the figure of Ellana is her radiance—the ever-glowing light that pierces through the eyes of others; a beam that serenades tears from the sky and the fluxing of the river of Orta. Her eyes was shaped in the figure of the moon—perfectly placed through the likeness of the gods and goddesses. Her face was glimmering with diamonds carefully mined from every rich mountains of the world. Her body is like sculpted by the Apollonian realm—perfectly able to dazzle the dance hall and perform numerous jives and kicks through an amusement replay.

Fond of many tricks, Ellana would spend her time doing naughty things that would bring irritation to the Village of Menorca. But, the irritation runs only like how a sakura, a cherry blossom, fall at a centimeter speed. Her puppy eyes are unavoidably charming that spellbinds each and every person a smile on their faces.

Why are the children avoiding Ellana? Perhaps, this question is mysterious—the answer is evident but consequent in its nature. Ellana is of a Muris; the others were humans. Ellana is different for she is not human. The children believed that Ellana might bring bad luck to them for she is not how a common human would appear—though she is not hated or loathed, the children preferred a distance from her. Her stepmother would only tell her, “Ellana, my little goddess, the children are just envious of you; you are the deliverer of delights, master of happiness; they—they are just humans who are so common you can attach a general statement to them. Hush, my daughter. Hush, my little goddess.”

Ellana had her happiest day when she and her mother hiked Mt. Caroline to pluck Getwell Flowers and Helti Plants. She met a human: a child with a satchel, a dagger, and some health tonics to name some. The boy had a mud on his face, some scratches behind his arms and some visible wounds around his body. Ellana, lover of questions, expectant of answers, started a banter exchange with the boy. The conversation revolved into many topics: name, origin, age, purpose, reason, and…why he is not avoiding Ellana.

“Whoa, many questions ‘thur mi lady! The name’s Bess. Age…well it doesn’t matter, right? I’m from a continent far away; had to holler with seamen for a free ridin’ and surfin’. Am here at whatchamacallit Mountains for some goody ‘dventure. Why should I avoid you, lady, I holler? ‘Yar a Muris—I have lived with them fo quite some time.”

“You lived with them…with my co-Muris? Where are they? What can I do to find them? I need to see them! I wanna stop being different…stop being different.” Ellana retorted.

“Hah! You dontcha know what-yer-sayin’! Embarking on quite an adventure would be hard, missy. Quite hard you will be needin’ some weapn’s and armors.”

“Adventure? What kind of adventure? Would we cross rivers and oceans? Would be go hiking from mountains to mountains? Would we be feeling the love of nature through forests and streams? Weapons? We have lots—knife, stone, pots, wooden sticks! Ah, armors—“

“Ecstatic, are we milady? Hold yer holler and calm down! Ye’ have your adoptive fam’ly here you see? Am a lone traveller, didn’t have someone to take care of me. Grew up in woods and hunted down animals. You can’t manage to survive, you see?” interrupted Bess.

“Wow! Why don’t you have a family? And…you lived in woods? I want to see it! Please, let me join you! I’m grown up now and have been waiting to set on a journey to find my co-Muris! My mother, a human, also permitted me once I am able to find a man who would help me to start my quest…”

“Well, well, well, why don’t we go to ‘yer house and start equippin’ those gears for an adventure, missy? The search would be hard and we might need to embark on live-threat’ning situations.”

“I don’t mind! I’m strong! I can manage to defeat every monsters with tricks upon my sleeves…perhaps?”

The two went back to the village to discuss the adventure with the family and the tribe. The children kept running around in circles—perhaps for joy. The people swarmed the house of Ellana and gave their farewell presents and heartwarming messages. Ellana’s mother kept quiet. Agony is flowing through her veins, cutting it blood by blood.

For she knew, Ellana is her daughter—though not biological, she knew, as always, that she was born from her ever-loving heart.

Lostbabee

Rank 0
Lostbabee
PostedApr 14, 2012 2:47 am

Hope

Sky high once more
Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6