1 (Poor)
37%124 Votes
Total Votes :: 335 Votes

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedMar 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Where do I even start...

You "fixed" the website. And predictably, you didn't fix anything. All you did was add more problems and make everything less appealing. Then you banned me for ranting in the Rants and Races section.

Wait. What?

When you leave problems around for YEARS, finally get around to promising to fix them, then do NOTHING positive, do you really expect people to be happy? Do you really think people aren't going to be a little upset about it and vent on the forums which YOU established for that very purpose?

Do you really not see a problem with punishing people for doing exactly what they are expected to do (completely within the confines of the rules, I might add)?

You also have a GM in Shaiya who banned Vaf for an incredibly minor "offense" (one that is constantly committed and never punished or even noted), prompting him to close the alternate Shaiya download permanently. Great move. Enjoy the "why doesn't the downloader work?" tickets.

At least tactics is back at Shaiya. Still waiting for the results.

You really need to take a hard look at how you enforce rules and police the forums. You also need to change how you deal with website issues. It's just ridiculous. You come out looking like incompetents who don't have any way to deal with negative feedback other than smashing it as hard as you can.

Disappointing.

Advertisement

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 26, 2012 3:10 pm
boldpaste2 wrote:
Voted 5

I also dont see how this is effective because it counts trolls and 1 person loggin in 10 accounts to vote 1 10 times  

People have complaints? Must be just one person who's trolling. And I suppose it would be totally out of line to suggest that your good feedback might have something to do with your status as a GS, right? Of course that would be inappropriate to imply, so perhaps it would be better not to make sweeping generalizations about those who disagree with you.

Please tell me I'm wrong. I enjoy being wrong when the alternative means that community volunteers are entirely out of touch with the community.
LedZepMan92 wrote:
You also have a GM in Shaiya who banned Vaf for an incredibly minor "offense" (one that is constantly committed and never punished or even noted), prompting him to close the alternate Shaiya download permanently. Great move. Enjoy the "why doesn't the downloader work?" tickets.  

To elaborate on this, Vaf's alternate download for Shaiya received 900+ hits every month. That's almost 1,000 people every single month that would not be playing Shaiya if Vaf wasn't helping them. Your choice to use Akamai exclusively for game downloaders drives away potential customers. Why do you value Akamai's business over that of your consumer audience? Why don't you just take down all the games and fill the website with product placement ads?

Akamai sucks.

boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
PostedMar 26, 2012 3:14 pm
Avyn wrote:
boldpaste2 wrote:
Voted 5

I also dont see how this is effective because it counts trolls and 1 person loggin in 10 accounts to vote 1 10 times  

People have complaints? Must be just one person who's trolling. And I suppose it would be totally out of line to suggest that your good feedback might have something to do with your status as a GS, right?

Of course that would be inappropriate to imply, so perhaps it would be better not to make sweeping generalizations about those who disagree with you.

Please tell me I'm wrong. I enjoy being wrong when the alternative means that community volunteers aren't entirely out of touch with the community.
LedZepMan92 wrote:

To elaborate on this, Vaf's alternate download for Shaiya received 900+ hits every month. That's almost 1,000 people every single month that would not be playing Shaiya if Vaf wasn't helping them. Your choice to use Akamai exclusively for game downloaders drives away potential customers. Why do you value Akamai's business over that of your consumer audience? Why don't you just take down all the games and fill the website with product placement ads?

Akamai sucks.  

I defiantly can understand those who give feedback when it comes to poor ratings. I also keep my feedback private because I think the one from a while ago people saw as "biased". but ive never really had any issues with aeria services. also, your not wrong Smile

DivineX

Rank 0
DivineX
PostedMar 26, 2012 3:40 pm
Voted 5
Been playing your games off n on for yrs never had issues with you always loved your games. hope to keep enjoying them. Only issues i had were at times my password needed to be reset cuz it kept telling me it was wrong..lol

I Walk Alone.

zReflex

Rank 5
zReflex
PostedMar 26, 2012 3:57 pm
40% has voted 1. awesome

Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedMar 26, 2012 4:14 pm
I have a survey for Aeria, if you don't mind:

Do you honestly respond to the results of the survey you do every month? (looking at the results, coming up with ideas to help, etc.)

What changes, if any, do you make month-to-month based on the results of the survey?

What do you think you guys can do (events, promotions, etc.) to give the average customer a better experience?

Why do you believe you constantly get low ratings on a monthly basis?

Why should I vote for anything higher than a 2 next month?

Putting up a survey asking what people think is one thing. Acting on the results of that survey is a completely different story. I don't want to seem entitled by asking these questions, but I honestly haven't noticed any real changes going on after these surveys.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedMar 26, 2012 4:17 pm
Avyn wrote:
+ tactics is The Man.
+ GM interaction with community has been great.

- GS program and management thereof is a mess. Bullying and passive aggression between members should not be tolerated.
- Oh look, more games shutting down because you alienate both players and developers Neutral

2/5. Best rating I've given in a long time. If tactics is able to follow through on his ambitions, that'll go up even higher. As I don't see GS program or company priority reform being on the table ever, I think 3 is the best I can vote, but I'd really like to be able to give consistent 3s each month.

Plausible ideas for improvement next month:

• Cut back on locking/deleting, and over-moderating the community. This has been an issue especially in Lime Odyssey, I'm seeing. Any thread that is somewhat off-topic is locked ASAP, sometimes even deleted. If a thread, heaven forbid, expresses concern or negativity towards the development process, people have a nervous breakdown.

• Discouraging discussion discourages discussion. Should go without saying.
    • Your forums are not G. They are not PG. They are PG-13. Either enforce it properly or change your rules to reflect this. It just makes your GS look silly when they tell someone to keep it PG-13 for saying "damn".

• Rules need to stop catering towards those who make the biggest fuss. You don't need to make a new rule every time someone is sad that they died in a PvP zone. It's at the point now where the magic word is "harassment". That's the word you throw out when your feelings get hurt. Someone killed your mob? Harassment! Killed in town on invasion map? Harassment! Harassment really happens and this sort of coddling to the Carebear generation of Shaiya is insulting to real victims.

• Fixing things more frequently than every 6 months.

This basically sum's up my thoughts, especially the part about over-moderation in LO. I've even taken to avoiding that game and playing a non-English version because of issues similar to the one stated above.

The only other thing that bugs me is the switch of GM's over at ROTT, and the lack of updates since that switch. Even an update with no news is still something to let us know your alive over there.

kutnoi

Rank 0
kutnoi
PostedMar 26, 2012 4:29 pm
Ok well... I've had a few experiences. I play Repulse and the GS' are all nice and stuff, but I wish the GM's would TALK TO US In-Game more. And I really think the GS' could be more well-informed. Every time I ask them something it's like: "It's being worked on" but I can't see ANYTHING happening. I think you need more GS' in Repulse and more WELL-INFORMED ones. Smile

(New IGN: zNinja)

swoopula

Rank 3
swoopula
PostedMar 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Your constant apathy in regards to games which desperately need help is sickening. I am honestly surprised that, given these types of consumer feedback responses and scores, you (Aeria) continue to gain any new users, customers, and players. You have successfully (virtually; at this point it's only a matter of time) killed off a game with one of your most thriving communities as you refuse to take accountability for your actions, and refuse to make unpopular (but necessary) decisions to ensure the game continues to survive.
With constant negative feedback on this game (Grand Fantasia) for the last 8 to 9 months (at a minimum- these problems have been ongoing for quite some time, but the general public only then started to fully realize the implications), I'm surprised that you have continued to do nothing.

p4ndx

Rank 5
p4ndx
PostedMar 26, 2012 4:53 pm

No improvement.

Less QQ! Moar PewPew!