+ tactics is The Man
GM interaction with community has been great.
GS program and management thereof is a mess. Bullying and passive aggression between members should not be tolerated.
Same old disagreements on business practices.
Oh look, more games shutting down because you alienate both players and developers
Superman is a mixed bag for me. Sometimes he can be really awesome and upfront about things and I've always had great results when I've asked him to look into issues personally. Other times, he chooses to hide behind wordplay and technicalities. More of the good, less of the bad please.
2/5. Best rating I've given in a long time. If tactics is able to follow through on his ambitions, that'll go up even higher. As I don't see GS program or company priority reform being on the table ever, I think 3 is the best I can vote, but I'd really like to be able to give consistent 3s each month.
Food for thought - if Shaiya went open source and tactics decided to publish it independently with (most of) the current Shaiya GMs as its customer service staff, they'd be getting solid 4s and 5s from me.
Plausible ideas for improvement next month:
- Cut back on locking/deleting, and over-moderating the community. This has been an issue especially in Lime Odyssey, I'm seeing. Any thread that is somewhat off-topic is locked ASAP, sometimes even deleted. If a thread, heaven forbid, expresses concern or negativity towards the development process, people have a nervous breakdown.
- Discouraging discussion discourages discussion. Should go without saying.
- Your forums are not G. They are not PG. They are PG-13. Either enforce it properly or change your rules to reflect this. It just makes your GS look silly when they tell someone to keep it PG-13 for saying "damn".
- Rules need to stop catering towards those who make the biggest fuss. You don't need to make a new rule every time someone is sad that they died in a PvP zone. It's at the point now where the magic word is "harassment". That's the word you throw out when your feelings get hurt. Someone killed your mob? Harassment! Killed in town on invasion map? Harassment! Harassment really happens and this sort of coddling to the Carebear generation of Shaiya is insulting to real victims.
- Fixing things more frequently than every 6 months.