PurpleMousie

Rank 1
PurpleMousie
PostedMar 25, 2012 5:00 am   Last edited by PurpleMousie on Mar 25, 2012 7:26 am. Edited 1 time in total

Wai ???

A brief discussion upon stat allocations...
So in my quest to become the most fearsome of all the animals in the kingdom of Shaiya I find myself pondering as to where I should put my stats?

This at current is a primarily a 1-15 pvp question.

Sooo where to put my stats? How much Dex to take? Rec or no Rec? Str but how much? Luc or don't be so silly? Wis? Ele tops or Forbid, or perhaps Stat only tops? Assault or Flash? Debuffs? Do I really need full [17] armour? Bows or should I carry a Jav/Xbow as well? etc...

Basically every single aspect about a Hunter/Archer and how to build one for 1-15 pvp. Why have you chosen to do what you have and does it work for you?

I play on Lailah where the use of remedies is normal but I'm interested to see how the loss of those stats are adapted into peoples builds on servers such as Gaia where they're not used.

Some of the questions above may seem silly but are they really?

My own stats at current, self buffed with Prayer and Incantation and full remedy set:

Advertisement

Olaf1989

Rank 1
PostedMar 25, 2012 5:53 am
i would go dex / luc in Canta

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 25, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Wai ???

A brief discussion upon stat allocations...
PurpleMousie wrote:
Sooo where to put my stats? How much Dex to take? Rec or no Rec? Str but how much? Luc or don't be so silly? Wis? Ele tops or Forbid, or perhaps Stat only tops? Assault or Flash? Debuffs? Do I really need full [17] armour? Bows or should I carry a Jav/Xbow as well? etc...  

It really depends of your current budget, but if i check your 1-15 gear, i have posted the following advise with a thought that you have a large budget Razz

Now, in canta, it's not hard to get 900 stat build with that budget. The problem is to gain access to 4+ slotted gear. You cna get it from tiers or another players.

About weapons, i should pick bows. The attack diff between jav and bow is not much while the speed loss is significant. having a good attacking speed is an important factor in PvP. Since the difference is low, i should go for bows. Try to get it with ele2 or ele1 lapis. If you want to go with ele, go only if you have at least 2 different elemental bows. Fill in with lvl6 assault lapis and other lapis of choice. ( it depends of your stats, but i should pick craft.).
Enchant it to high lvl as possible.

About lapissing, i should focus on STR/DEX/LUC. As said before, you can get 900 stats, so aim for 480 LUC to have a nice critical rate. Add 250 DEX and then rest in 170 STR. The only problem here are sins with a lot DEX, like 350+. You can hit them, but with a slightly some more misses.
You can scale with the LUC/DEX/STR too if you want, but i should stay at 450+ LUC and 250 DEX ( it's already minimum if you want to be good )

To survive, rely on your absorption and HP from OJ's. Since you're on distance, you can see other coming to use slow or stun or having a back up melee toon to assist you.

This should be enough to have a good archer. Only problems might be guardians and high DEX sins, but DoT's can help ya here

signature of xybolt

PurpleMousie

Rank 1
PurpleMousie
PostedMar 25, 2012 7:27 am
Edited to avoid confusion, I am interested in 1-15 atm not canta.

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedMar 25, 2012 7:31 am
Mousie is already awsome in 15. =)

completion_0

Rank 0
completion_0
PostedMar 25, 2012 8:26 am
Well, don't bother adding strength, because I will join the raid and buff you.

PurpleMousie

Rank 1
PurpleMousie
PostedMar 25, 2012 2:44 pm
Thank you all for your most useful of replies...

I shall try to elaborate a bit more upon what I meant.

Taking DEX for instance, I have around 210 DEX, when I talk to other H/A's I find mine to be rather excessive to say the least, most others seem to be between 100-150 DEX. What I'd like to know is how much other H/A's have, why they have that amount and any pros/cons that come with it?
Same with the other STATS, STR, REC, LUC, hp or w/e?

The ~100 REC I have I find is a good amount allowing me to take some damage and using slots that otherwise would be difficult to use effectively. However others have used them differently and in some cases linked Life 6 or Duals where I have opted for Safe Lapis. Any thoughts?

STR is a bit easier, gets as much as possible to increase damage right? I thought this until I played about with a hybrid LUC build and found that adding some LUC over STR actually increased my damage output more than STR alone. (Note: For the purposes of damage I count crits only and found that adding LUC increased the value of my crits above that of a almost pure STR build on KO nos).

LUC I have opted to add some in place of STR for two reasons, one as mentioned above it actually made me hit harder, which surprised me, and two I like crits. It makes my damage more unpredictable and difficult to deal with and is rather fun.

So any other experienced 1-15 H/A's care to share their thoughts upon the above points or even STATS and reasoning?

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 27, 2012 8:11 am
100 REC = 100 defense and 500 HP.

IF the enemy can hit you for 1000dmg, then you receive only 900 damage ... That's a small difference if you ask me. My 1-15'er has only STR/DEX. Just link lvl6's mainly and full STR from your leveling stats. With ele's, high enchant ( both weapon and gear ) i blast others away Cool

to survive, i rely on my HP and gear enchants. For 100 REC less, you are able to get higher dmg, 100 + 100 * ele factor.

signature of xybolt

PurpleMousie

Rank 1
PurpleMousie
PostedMar 27, 2012 10:24 am
xybolt wrote:
100 REC = 100 defense and 500 HP.

IF the enemy can hit you for 1000dmg, then you receive only 900 damage ... That's a small difference if you ask me. Just link lvl6's mainly and full STR from your leveling stats.  

The REC in my build as shown in the SS above is as follows;

Total = 12 + 86 (Base + added)
86 = 10 (from Bunny Hat) + 8 (from Prayer buff) + 15 (from REC remedy) + 3 (from OJ's) + 50 (from linkage)

So as for altering that 100 REC into STR only 50 of it is actually changeable. However that 50 linked REC, Safe 5/6, is linked in the dread muffler along with Shrewd 5/6. This leaves little options to add STR bar perhaps Dual Crafts and a Dual Fortune Lv1. I have been considering changing the Safe 5 for a Life 6, any thoughts upon this?

xybolt wrote:
With ele's, high enchant ( both weapon and gear ) i blast others away Cool  

I would be interested to know how much DEX you run and if you have any problems with it?

xybolt wrote:
to survive, i rely on my HP and gear enchants.  

How does this work for you? I have tried this and it is a bit problematic at times.

xybolt wrote:
For 100 REC less, you are able to get higher dmg, 100 + 100 * ele factor.  

While I generally agree that increasing attack is more useful to you, perhaps it isn't always the best option?

lxbryant1983

Rank 3
lxbryant1983
PostedMar 27, 2012 10:41 am
I have used a dex build on my Warr and on my Sin. I had worships and dreads and one heroic weapon on warr and added enough max Dex ojs and enough shrewd lapis to get bout 270ish dex after self buffs and remedies from that build and on my Sin i have had bout as much as 325ish after self buffs and remedies.

What seems to be the same no matter what toon im using high dex on is that you must have WAY more dex in order for it to matter in the end. I got hit about the same as when i run 120ish dex on my Warr Vs the 275ish dex and my sin gets hit slightly less when its on 325ish dex vs 150ish. This leads me to think that when they re-did the dex algorithms a while back that it changed the basic amounts needed over some1 to actually matter. I could run 200 with my Warr back then and get hit only half the time by most who had similar gear but about 50-75 less dex in gear.

Dex is about the only things i can comment on from my perspectives. Me and drf have played with dex builds of all kinds to see how they work and cant find any real benefits to them since the dex changes occured. A min of 150ish dex works fine in lower zones like 15 pvp but i have no ideas how it differs in higher areas like Canta, Goddess, or Endgame areas as i have never played anything other than Pagan/Borcs there.

Hope it helps on the dex question at least. And btw, rec is very handy when ur hit with a crit since it is calculated with the crit in mind and takes another 75% off the hit total. If your hit with many crits then ur 100 rec is taking off 175ish damage each hit, if being hit normal then its a flat 100. Keep in mine the amounts of rec u want and need based on how mush noss or luck builds ur gonna run into.

<3 Odd