aeria.anex

Aeria: Product Manager
aeria.anex
PostedMar 23, 2012 1:01 am   Last edited by aeria.anex on Apr 03, 2012 1:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Warrior Class Intro

Just a short little tidbit
Hey All,

Now that we have finished with the race introductory videos, we wanted to share a brief intro to each current playable class. I know this doesn’t tide you over until closed beta, but hey, it doesn’t hurt.

THE MIGHTY WARRIOR!

Playable by:
Human, Turga, Muris

Usable Weapons:
Sword, Greatsword, Battle Axe, Mace
Note: Warriors cannot dual wield.

The undisputed masters of straightforward battle, Warriors are tanks with a tendency to charge headfirst into a fight. Their abilities are equally balanced between offense and defense. All Warriors begin their journey with the skill “Wild Charge”, a basic attack that inflicts 137 damage, and one skill point to grab a new ability of their choice. As players level up, they can work their way along Attack and Defense skill trees to learn more new skills and abilities.

The Attack tree is for those who want to cleave their enemies with well-polished two handed swords and axes. Aside from hack and slash style abilities, the Attack tree offers a variety of power increasing abilities for both yourself and your party, best used to maximize damage per second during those grueling boss fights.

Anex’s favorite skill in this tree: “Steel Tornado”
    Spin your weapon to become a deadly whirlwind, dealing a certain percentage of your weapon damage to all nearby enemies with each successful hit.
    This attack also has a chance to stun any enemies hit for 3 seconds.
    This attack hits multiple times.

- It hits everything nearby – for a lot. It’s a fun skill when you have a cleric to keep you up and you can spin spin spin.

The Defense trees primary focus is exactly as one would think, to absorb up all the damage while dishing a little out in return. When taking this route, one will always want to yield a shield to protect against the onslaught of arrows, slashes, mashes, crashes, bites, and stings! Aside from buffs to increase physical and magic defense, the Defense tree also adds plenty of utility type abilities such as malice increasing shouts and short duration stuns.

Anex’s favorite skill in this tree: “Divine Shield”
    Throw a holy shield at the target, inflicting magic damage. This also has a chance to stun the target, and will drastically increase their Malice.

- I love this skill because it’s a great way to initiate or re-pull aggro after your mage or thief started blowing up the wrong target.

Don't forget to check out the LO Website Warrior Description for more skill info.

Until next time,

Anex
Advertisement

koager

Rank 3
koager
PostedMar 23, 2012 1:30 am
What are the pros and cons between 2h swords and axes?

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedMar 23, 2012 1:33 am
*waits patiently for Mage and Cleric Class Intro*

NicelyHers

Rank 0
NicelyHers
PostedMar 23, 2012 1:54 am
O_O wahh! so does this mean muris can be warriors too!?

I was reading through forums where people have either confirmed or said that muris could not infact be a warrior! but after seeing this i have alot more hope! XD

A Unicorn is a Donkey with a plunger stuck to it's face.

Kiarax

Rank 2
PostedMar 23, 2012 3:14 am
koager wrote:
What are the pros and cons between 2h swords and axes?  

Swords have a slightly higher low-end and lower high-end damage whilst Axes have a wider damage range (though swords get more attack from upgrading for some reason). But the most notable difference is axes are more critical focused. When you upgrade weapons to +7 or higher, they get an extra bonus stat added. For Great Swords this stat is Strength and for Axes it's Critical. I'll list stats for the best of each in the game (just because it's the most extreme example, at lower levels the difference is obviously much less):
Code:
               |   Attack  | Strength | Vitality | Talent | +P.Atk | Crit 
Great Sword    |  534~591  |   122    |    70    |   85   |   196  |   0 
Great  Axe     |  522~604  |   122    |    70    |    0   |   177  |  94 
Great Sword +10| 2214~2271 |   174    |    70    |   85   |   196  |   0 
Great  Axe  +10| 2056~2138 |   122    |    70    |    0   |   177  | 227

Taken from KR version, so could be subject to change. I'm spazzing out and can't remember what Talent is even good for, I think it's just accuracy. Great Sword also excels in the most important stat... aesthetics. They look so much cooler than axes.
NicelyHers wrote:
O_O wahh! so does this mean muris can be warriors too!?

I was reading through forums where people have either confirmed or said that muris could not infact be a warrior! but after seeing this i have alot more hope! XD  

Turga can't be Mages, but aside from that all the classes are open to every race right now (or was), maybe they plan to change that though.

<P><br>[Jam : Aquamarine]

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 23, 2012 4:23 am
Yaaay. Warrior spotlight. /o/

*hopes more people would become warriors*

cluskey1

Rank 3
cluskey1
PostedMar 23, 2012 5:49 am
love it , tank is for me <3

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 23, 2012 5:56 am
cluskey1 wrote:
love it , tank is for me <3  

Yar... tanks have way more fun.

Most of the anime MMOs trend towards Attack of the Cloud and Ichigo Clones though Neutral

Ronny Wolf

Rank 1
PostedMar 23, 2012 6:01 am
No Polearms for the Warrior? Or is that covered by Greatsword or Battle Axe?

yarigen

Rank 1
yarigen
PostedMar 23, 2012 6:47 am
lol did anyone else find it slightly ironic that under the title that says Might warrior there's a tiny muris in gold armor?:O either way awesome pic and intro Razz

"We can be together forever; every minute of every day. No more privacy, no more quiet, no more alone. Every room you ever go in, I'll already be there; waiting, forever and ever, until the end of time." - Air.