Zetsi

Rank 0
PostedJun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Very Irritated

Ok this is really really REALLY stupid... Any returning players who havent played for sometime are forced to submit a ticket in order to be able to play their old characters.... Character passwords are a great idea but what is wrong with you guys. I am not even going to bother retrieving my password its a waste of time and a HUGE inconvenience. When you are trying to sell something to a customer you are supposed to make it as easy and simple as possible. I have played MANY games that have switched over to this sort of security setting... And NEVER have I had to send in a trouble ticket which takes atleast day to get taken care of. Sorry for the huge rant but this is seriously a huge disappointment and I cannot believe it has not been addressed yet. If you ask me YOU GUYS ARE VIOLATING YOUR OWN TOS! You should be banned for hacking my account. ;P
Advertisement

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedJun 21, 2012 4:40 pm
I can understand your frustration, being expected to wait 1-2 days before you can access your characters. However, as I've asked other players in your situation, please keep in mind that: (1) it was done as a security measure to protect your characters and your in-game items, gold, etc. from being accessed by hackers; and (2) the developer, X-Legend, unfortunately did not implement a way for players to reset these passwords themselves, so the only way Aeria can get around that is to do it through the ticket system.

X-Legend owns the rights to modify the game as they see fit, and Aeria owns the rights to modify your account as they see fit. It's much easier to send your ticket, answer the questions, and set a new character password than to try to fight against the very system that was put in to protect you.

shaddoe

Rank 0
PostedJul 04, 2012 9:41 pm
Sigh. I give up. It took me 6 hours to get the bloody game to even let me as far as the character creation screen and make a character. Then this REALLY STUPID character lock password feature doesn't work. The **** keys fade as soon as I put my mouse over them. What a piece of ****. You guys SUCK. Thanks for WASTING MY TIME. Guess I'll go play **** runes of magic or some **** or go back to playing wow it would be nice if you **** would learn to write code that doesn't FAIL.

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedJul 05, 2012 12:11 am
shaddoe wrote:
Sigh. I give up. It took me 6 hours to get the bloody game to even let me as far as the character creation screen and make a character. Then this REALLY STUPID character lock password feature doesn't work. The **** keys fade as soon as I put my mouse over them. What a piece of ****. You guys SUCK. Thanks for WASTING MY TIME. Guess I'll go play **** runes of magic or some **** or go back to playing wow it would be nice if you **** would learn to write code that doesn't FAIL.  

1) I am very sorry that you are having problems. The on-screen keyboard is not the only way to enter the keystrokes for the character password, you can also use your actual keyboard.

2) If things on the screen are disappearing, try clicking the "options" button on the launcher, then "video" and click "off" on the "ui cache" option, and confirm the changes.

3) Aeria does not handle the coding, that is X-Legend.

jdJffjd3

Rank 0
PostedJul 05, 2012 12:48 am
shaddoe wrote:

See this bad man. He has said so many bad words. Ban him!

Hah, pretty awesome huh.

(...)

Yamimori

Rank 0
Yamimori
PostedJul 06, 2012 6:56 pm
Okay, this is really making me angry.

It won't let me set a password.

I can't get in to play.

Wtf.

What is the default password? Or why can I not reset it.

WHAT IS GOING ON.

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedJul 07, 2012 9:15 am
Yamimori wrote:
Okay, this is really making me angry.

It won't let me set a password.

I can't get in to play.

Wtf.

What is the default password? Or why can I not reset it.

WHAT IS GOING ON.  

Please submit a ticket here if you are unable to figure out/remember/reset your character password. If you did not set it in the first place, if you have forgotten it, or if you receive an error message that does not match one of those listed and explained in the OP, this is the only way to have this problem resolved.

DarthKalas

Rank 0
DarthKalas
PostedAug 21, 2012 12:29 am
This is the kind of dumb crap that makes me leave games in the first place. Lousy support from a lousy ticket system. Each character has a different password? You have to be kidding me. I could understand if there is a secondary password and all But submitting a ticket and waiting a day or 2 to even get a response? Brilliant. Guess ill let Nexon have my money. Not going to waste money on a game that imposes so many security measures to the point of dreading going back to the character select screen.

coolade6

Rank 0
PostedAug 23, 2012 10:17 am

forgot charater password

wat do i do if u forgot your chartaer password cause i forgot mine

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedAug 23, 2012 11:19 am
You'll have to send in an RT here . Keep in mind it may take 48 hours to get a response.