Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedApr 27, 2012 8:47 pm
You can submit a ticket to Eden Eternal to request the GMs to reset your character passwords for you. Please be sure to indicate which characters/servers.

Advertisement

KatsuIchijouji

Rank 0
KatsuIchijouji
PostedApr 29, 2012 10:49 pm
I have a big doubt.

I have not played EE since 2 months.

And now my account and my characters are protected by passwords that I have not assigned to them... There is not a kind of default password for some characters?

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedApr 30, 2012 12:05 pm
1. When you try to log in to characters that you have not created character passwords for, the game should automatically as you to enter a new character password. Then it will ask you to enter it again to confirm it.

2. If there is any trouble, you can submit a ticket and request the GMs to reset the password for those characters. Please include the account name in question and the character names in your ticket. After this is done, you will be back at step 1.

Shiroikaen

Rank 0
PostedMay 11, 2012 11:23 pm

suspicious...

I had the same problem (already-existing characters didn't have a password set) and submitted a ticket to the GMs. They e-mailed me, asking for things like my location, my account name (that was already submitted on the ticket) and the meaning behind the account name, my ip address, the names of my characters (also already submitted on the ticket), their levels and gear...am I wrong to be suspicious of this, or could a hacker have intercepted the ticket? I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff...has anyone else had this happen after going to the GMs with the same problem?

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedMay 18, 2012 12:27 pm
washyuuchan wrote:
Saltyloves wrote:
washyuuchan wrote:
OK so like what do we do if we have existing characters that never had a PW set to them? Also is it just one PW you create once or do you set it for each character?

Currently I have 7 characters on saph server since after the merge and like when i try to log on to one of them it asks me for the char pw but i never set one for those because i only just recently came back last night. Now I did set one for the character i created on the diamond server last night but now i cant log into any of my other characters on the other server. what do i need to do?  

When you attempt to log in on a character that did not have a CPW before, it will prompt you to enter one, and then re-enter it. This is automatic and required to play your character. Each character will have its own CPW.

Just click "Start Game" as if you're logging in, and enter the character password you want to use for that character, then re-enter it. It must be exactly 6 numbers/letters/symbols. If you get an error, check above to see what might have gone wrong.  

Ok but here's the thing. When it prompts me to make the pw for the character after i enter it, it tells me its the wrong pw it doesnt prompt me to retype it again.  

I have exactly the same issue , I haven't even logged onto the game for months but I just decided to log on to give some stuff away and I cannot get onto my account because it tells me to enter my password but I never even set a password in the first place D:

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedMay 18, 2012 6:41 pm
Please submit a ticket to have the GMs reset your character passwords if you do not know them. The questions they ask you are standard, and if you put any real time and effort into your characters, they are questions you should be able to answer. It's a pretty simple process, really.

A hacker would not likely be able to intercept your ticket. If you have any doubts, you can work through the My Tickets section of the website to check your ticket status and send/review replies from GMs there without having to go to your email.

silgado106

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2012 8:00 pm
It's as if they don't want me to play their game again.... They set up a password for me which I did not agree to, and now I have to wait for the GMs to reset it so I can play again. That means that no, I will not be playing your game again...

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedMay 21, 2012 8:47 pm
I am sorry you dislike the new change, but please keep in mind this was added to help protect your account and everything on it in the event of a hack. It wasn't done to torture you. It's better to have to remember one extra little password than to potentially lose everything you ever owned in EE because your account did not have an extra protective step. Smile

silgado106

Rank 0
PostedMay 22, 2012 6:34 am
I completely agree with you. The problem here is that they decided what my password should be without my consent. I would have no complaints if I could have been able to set up the character password myself.

Ryllus6606

Rank 0
Ryllus6606
PostedJun 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Character password issues

why I am upset
I support the fact that Aeria games is making us increase our security I mean back in the day when I played Runescape people could get hacked and scammed so easily. What sets me off is that Aeria games went so disorganized with setting character passwords. Now I can't play my older characters and I have to wait till I get an Email regarding if the issue is fixed. I realize that GMs are really busy and I can only assume that their dealing with other players who have the same issue. My brother was able to set a character password easily when he logged back in after not paling for 4 months, but for some reason I was not able to create my password like he did.
I just want to play my old character as soon as possible and stop raging on forums.