Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedMar 20, 2012 9:00 pm   Last edited by Saltyloves on Aug 23, 2012 1:42 pm. Edited 3 times in total

[Guide] Character Passwords

For all your popping and locking needs! Or just extra security. :)

No doubt you have noticed a small change to your login screen recently! This new feature, called Character Lock, was added to Eden Eternal in order to help you protect your accounts from the devastation of hackers. It was introduced by Sighborg88 in his address to Community Concerns and his mention of some Changes to EE recently. So now that it is here, you need to know how to use it properly!

Setting your new character password is now automatically required upon character creation.
Click here for images of steps 2 through 6!
Please ignore the image for Step 1.

• 1. Design your character and choose your name, then click Finish.

• 2. You will find a small window in the upper-left area of your login screen that asks you to input your new character password.

• 3. Enter your desired six-digit password and click Confirm.

• 4. You will then be asked to input your new character password again to confirm that it was the password you wanted to set. This prevents you from accidentally setting the wrong password due to a typing mistake.

• 5. Enter the same six-digit code for the second time and click Confirm again.

• 6. Success!

Please note that you will have to enter six (6) digits for your character password. This may be any combination of letters, numbers, and special symbols. You cannot enter more or less than six digits. It is case-sensitive which means that if your password is AbC123 you will have to be sure that you type it exactly like that: AbC123 instead of abc123.

Again, this is now required to enter the game. Your new character password is now ready to go!

Logging in now is really no different from before, except you will need to enter your new character password in order to access that character. This only applies to characters you have added character lock passwords to. Each character can have a different character password. In fact, this is recommended!

• 1. When you click Start Game, you will be prompted to enter your character password.

• 2. Enter the password and click Confirm. If it is correct, you will be logged into the game immediately.

If you happen to type your character password incorrectly, you will receive a message stating that you have entered the wrong password. Try again!

If you enter your character password incorrectly three times, you will be disconnected from the server. You may log back into your account and try again.

If you enter a character password that is too short, you will receive a message telling you to enter a password “longer than 6 characters” but 6 is the max.

If you enter mismatching passwords during password creation or removal, you will receive a message stating that you have failed. Try again.

If you have forgotten your password, you will not be able to reset it on your own. In order to have your character password reset, you will need to submit a ticket to the Eden Eternal GMs. They will be able to verify whether you are the account owner and reset your character password for you.

• Changing or removing your character lock passwords is simple as well. In order to change your character password, simply click Set character password button in the bottom-right corner of your login screen.

• You will be asked to enter your current character password once, then enter your new password two times to confirm it.

• You must enter a new character password to be able to log in.

• If you attempt to close the game when prompted to set your character password upon character creation, you will be prompted again before you may login on that character.

• If you attempt to close the game during the process of changing your character password, the change will not take place and you will still have to enter the current character password in order to login.

If you wish to delete a character that has a character lock password on it, you will be asked to enter your character password prior to deletion.

If you enter the correct character password, your character will be deleted immediately.

• Never write down or keep a record of your passwords on your computer(s). The only safe place to store passwords is in your noggin!

• Never share your account information with anyone else for any reason. No GM or GS will ever ask you for your password under any circumstances, and neither should anyone else. This puts your account at risk of being cleaned out by someone else, and/or banned for account sharing.

• Avoid having your account stolen by phishing websites or other untrustworthy sources. You are the one responsible for deciding what links are safe to click!

• Trust your instincts. If something seems fishy to you, or if you are even the tiniest bit unsure if it is safe, don’t do it!

• Don’t attempt to buy gold or services from 3rd parties. Doing this can not only devastate the game economy, but it can also put you at risk of having your account hacked/stolen and cleaned out by them, as well as your real identity and credit card info stolen and used illegally. It just got real!

Advertisement

tetrasky

Rank 0
tetrasky
PostedApr 12, 2012 1:18 pm
Why am I being forced to add a character password now after the maintenance?
Not only that, but I can't even remove it afterward, because the "remove password" button is grayed out. This, I do not like.
Or what, did Aeria Games gave out our account names and password to someone so now we are forced into this extra level of security?

Zebeix

Rank 0
PostedApr 12, 2012 3:13 pm
Well whenever I try to put in a password it always either says "Settings Failed", or "You must enter a Password Longer than 6 characters" I even tried 123456789 just to be sure it would be longer than 6 and it didn't work

Zebeix

Rank 0
PostedApr 12, 2012 3:16 pm
Nvm, After the 10th time restarting my game it worked

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedApr 12, 2012 5:52 pm
The guide has been updated to reflect new changes.

@tetrasky - The character password is now a required feature for extra security. Too many players chose to not protect themselves, and then they were getting hacked and getting upset about it. Now there is simply one less excuse for not properly securing your account. Also, no, Aeria would never ask for nor give out account login information so a question like that is irrelevant.

@Zebeix - When it says "longer than 6 characters" that is simply a bug at the moment. It is 6 characters exactly. No more, no less.

Teamer.

Rank 1
Teamer.
PostedApr 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Mod Edit: Please do not give out your character password on the forums. If you forgot your character password, please submit an RT.  

DracHandsome

Rank 0
PostedApr 13, 2012 4:23 am
Teamer. wrote:

Mod Edit: Please do not give out your character password on the forums. If you forgot your character password, please submit an RT.  

Not only are free MMO players not the brightest bunch and give out their account information like idiots, but said account information is almost invariably really easy to guess.

Believe it or not: The most common password ever used on the Internet is "password" in all lowercase.

Good example of how stupid Internet users are.

washyuuchan

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2012 5:56 am
OK so like what do we do if we have existing characters that never had a PW set to them? Also is it just one PW you create once or do you set it for each character?

Currently I have 7 characters on saph server since after the merge and like when i try to log on to one of them it asks me for the char pw but i never set one for those because i only just recently came back last night. Now I did set one for the character i created on the diamond server last night but now i cant log into any of my other characters on the other server. what do i need to do?

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedApr 27, 2012 8:13 am
washyuuchan wrote:
OK so like what do we do if we have existing characters that never had a PW set to them? Also is it just one PW you create once or do you set it for each character?

Currently I have 7 characters on saph server since after the merge and like when i try to log on to one of them it asks me for the char pw but i never set one for those because i only just recently came back last night. Now I did set one for the character i created on the diamond server last night but now i cant log into any of my other characters on the other server. what do i need to do?  

When you attempt to log in on a character that did not have a CPW before, it will prompt you to enter one, and then re-enter it. This is automatic and required to play your character. Each character will have its own CPW.

Just click "Start Game" as if you're logging in, and enter the character password you want to use for that character, then re-enter it. It must be exactly 6 numbers/letters/symbols. If you get an error, check above to see what might have gone wrong.

washyuuchan

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2012 5:37 pm
Saltyloves wrote:
washyuuchan wrote:

When you attempt to log in on a character that did not have a CPW before, it will prompt you to enter one, and then re-enter it. This is automatic and required to play your character. Each character will have its own CPW.

Just click "Start Game" as if you're logging in, and enter the character password you want to use for that character, then re-enter it. It must be exactly 6 numbers/letters/symbols. If you get an error, check above to see what might have gone wrong.  

Ok but here's the thing. When it prompts me to make the pw for the character after i enter it, it tells me its the wrong pw it doesnt prompt me to retype it again.