apenner

Rank 0
apenner
PostedApr 11, 2012 6:55 pm
lol okay sorry! I probably read the tvtropes article when I hadn't taken my adhd meds sorry!

"orz forgive me

almost all of tvtropes is filled with what seems like sarcasm and wise-assedness

mostly meant it mentions like

the rts with the tower defence and fps
plus the kill the healer first concept is averted since there are no healers to provide a nice balance

Though whomever wrote the fencer explanation wasn't entiirely wrong... Fencers can't sap buildings but they're scary to any player whether on foot or as a summon... Fencers can really eff players up when they know their class! (the person who wrote the fencer description probably had only seen the North American server fencers that weren't fully aware of the extent of the fencer class yet)....

Actually, that's probably an important thing to note to anyone who hasn't played the game or has played it but hasn't REEEALLY played it to the full extent; a lot of NA players were not yet fully experienced or knowledgable of all possible tactics in the game and thus grew immensely frustrated with the game

EDIT: I say this as a player whom still gets her own *** kicked on the HK server ^^;
Advertisement

Qurion2

Rank 0
Qurion2
PostedApr 12, 2012 4:24 am
to be honest iam not sure if i would return to Fez, games lost their meaning to me
isit worth attempting everything again?
since fez closed i lost emily, natalie is almost gone if she isnt alrdy dead due to a sickness
it wouldnt be the same without Tarre and emily and the others
kisky, panda, tamina, elearis, all people that went gone somehow
there are more, at first my msn had about 20 people online a day, Tawnie does no longer log in, i hope she is fine
The whole world changed since then, and once more, it wouldnt be the same :/
i miss Tarre, Emily and all the others, but they are gone :<

LG
Mir

mikoxmajo

Rank 0
mikoxmajo
PostedApr 14, 2012 5:55 am

Re: Bringing FEZ back to life

talk and hepl bring Fantasy Earth Zero back
Mushmon1 wrote:
I sent an email to Aeria games about hosting FEZ, I got a message saying they would talk to the management team about it. I'm here to encourage the management team to say yes and host it. I, like many others, enjoyed FEZ and I'm sure it would be good for both the site, and the players. I'm wanting to see how many users here agree that we should bring it back.  

That's wonderful...though possible for you to get a screenshot of that email?

AnimaRaina

Rank 0
AnimaRaina
PostedApr 14, 2012 2:35 pm
i hope they do get FEZ i was thinking of playing on the HK sever but if it comes back to the US there will be no need ^.^

Aeria pless get FEZ in your ranks ... U will be unstopable >Very Happy

Gummeh

Rank 0
Gummeh
PostedApr 16, 2012 6:29 am
Gummy here. =p

It would be really fantastic if Aeria ever picks up Fantasy Earth Zero (FEZ). I really miss the game, there really hasn't been any game that is like FEZ..

And we do have quite the awesome community, some who've also made guides, tutorials, and what-not for the game as well. xD

Gonna post some below~

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/558116 = FEZ Crystal and Building guide

..*inserts random screeny of our side being sabo'ed by someone*

Sorry for the long post. x_x

forfez

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2012 1:51 pm
any news?

forfez

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2012 8:02 pm
seems like this was just another false hope thing.

outta this place

Wolf_Rain_01

Rank 0
Wolf_Rain_01
PostedApr 27, 2012 11:53 am
it's been a while since this game shut down.man the good old days... everytime i watched the jp FEZ on you tube,it brings back memories of the great game that once existed in NA.To be honest im totally disappointed to gamepot on how they handled and managed this game.In Japan this game won the best mmo of the year award for its epicness...i wish i can play this game again...

honeydew3203

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2012 4:44 pm
Mazeba here, just saying that this game was amazing. I was younger when I played it and now at the age of eighteen I still remember it and miss it. I have grown older but the memories are still there and will never go away.

This game took skill, and you could find the class that was meant for your play style.. People said that fencer's were the best for head on combat, that isn't true at all. I was a Greatsword Warrior and I ate fencers for fun.

This game was about team work, but you could be the bad *** lone dog if you wanted. Just needed to know what you were doing. You had to have a clear mind and a swift reaction.. I remember when people said playing Osu! would help you in FEZ. That was horse crap.. I sucked at Osu, no need to say I did get better, but was awesome at FEZ.

Though I did get good, decent, or even some say trash. I started out horrible, this game is not noob friendly but it is a cash cow for the true gamers find it the real test of skill. 50v50, with sooooo much to do.

Scouts can be front line de-buffers or crystal harassers to slow down the speed of the other team, they may even wait on top of hills for someone to stroll by just to rain arrows down on them. Warriors can be a bonus to their team, a solid tank, or a berserk damage dealing machine. Hard, some may even be in the middle of the possibilities!

Mages were the glass cannons of course. They could even freeze your character or do DoT by burning him or her. Fencers were really just annoying, but if someone could operate them properly then it could be a possible challenge. Cestus were Brilliant.. I'm sorry but they were. OP in soooo many ways. Front liners and Sappers? Wtf.

I am glad to say that this was probably my first, SERIOUS, MMO. I have played WoW and plenty more of it's caliber. I am ashamed though to say that Gamepot did not do this right.. They had no advertisement that I saw till the game was freaking dead and about to close. I mean, just the other day I was on Pando's homesite, the game uploader or installer that some of you are familiar with I am sure. Well, they had FEZ under the list of games that use that... Wth?

And that's not even advertisement, it's just old information on a gone game. This game would be an awesome investment, but they would have a to advertise, they would have to make the cash shops a little less expensive ( But hey, I spent about five hundred on this game. ). Oh, and watch the server cause people complained about lag a lot although I am sure some of it, if not most of it, were prolly just their connection.

TL;DR: This game is basically perfect; the graphics are there for a reason, to reduce lag. The game can't be beat and there is absolutely nothing that compares to it. Plain out.

Just remember Aeria.. If you host it, they will come..

UnitSmiley

Rank 0
PostedMay 07, 2012 10:58 pm
I just wanted to support this thread and the notion of bringing FEZ "back to life". I loved playing the game and it truly offered an experience unlike anything else. I've tried to satisfy myself with other mmos, but they don't even come close. The biggest reason it went down was due to Gamespots terrible management of it and of course poor advertising.

Fantasy Earth Zero is the only MMO I have EVER spent real money on before. I spent probably around $150-200 on the game, and I didn't even feel bad about it lol. The game just needed more advertising and it would have done so much better. Honestly I feel like if you hosted this game and treated it well, you would be sitting on a gold mine.

I'd often spend hours a day having fun battling other nations and seeing my own nation expand across the map. The best part of the game in my opinion, is that THERE IS NO GRINDING. You level up by literally doing the fun stuff from the start. Most people try an mmo and attempt to get to the end game as quickly as possible to see if they will even enjoy what it has to offer. A lot of people quit before getting to that point. FEZ is different though, it allows the player to enjoy the game right from the beginning. Once a person tries their first large scale battle, they will be hooked!

So please Aeria, bring us Fantasy Earth Zero. It offers a truly unique experience that existing fans crave and new fans will grow to love. This game is not like other mmos, it is unique and it offers something that no other mmo can. The cash shop was fair and moderately priced, and I knew many people who spent money on the game. All you would need to do is advertise a bit, and i'm sure your efforts will be rewarded. After all, the game is still going strong in other parts of the world.

Sincerely,

A FEZ fan for life.