Mushmon1

Rank 0
PostedMar 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Bringing FEZ back to life

talk and hepl bring Fantasy Earth Zero back
I sent an email to Aeria games about hosting FEZ, I got a message saying they would talk to the management team about it. I'm here to encourage the management team to say yes and host it. I, like many others, enjoyed FEZ and I'm sure it would be good for both the site, and the players. I'm wanting to see how many users here agree that we should bring it back.
Advertisement

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Mushmon1

Rank 0
PostedMar 20, 2012 3:05 pm
sorry buddy wrong fez

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 20, 2012 11:49 pm
Mushmon1 wrote:
sorry buddy wrong fez  

Oh good, I thought he died =[

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 21, 2012 4:10 am
i thought that Fez from That's 70 show died D:

signature of xybolt

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedMar 21, 2012 8:56 am
Avyn wrote:
Mushmon1 wrote:
sorry buddy wrong fez  

Oh good, I thought he died =[  
rofl

I can't stop laughing at all the responses made here xDDD

forfez

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2012 8:09 pm
joined for F.E.Z. lol hope it comes through..

apenner

Rank 0
apenner
PostedApr 09, 2012 8:13 pm   Last edited by apenner on Apr 11, 2012 6:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total
As a past member of NA-FEZ, I can say a lot of us have been searching through games over this past year and not yet found a single mmo that can compare to the full dynamic of Fantasy Earth Zero. It is truly a marvelous game. Not very often do massive-multiplayer-online games encourage players to really train, adapt, and help each other out on such a level of "full-control". FEZ has no Auto-Target system nor does gear determine a player's success in the game, but rather skill, clever thinking, timing, teamwork, training, anticipation, alertedness, a varied knowledge of all possible outcomes, and much more will decide whom wins and whom loses in a war of up to 50 vs 50 players between two nations.

The game itself is a few years old and graphics may be slightly outdated, though they are crisp graphics and allow for smooth playing on a good majority of computers. In other words, don't let the graphics hold you back from playing this wonderful game! The graphic level itself allows for the game to continue to be played by many different people on many different computers!

Not only is the gameplay itself amazing, but the way you work together with fellow players in such a game can make you friends that you'll never forget! *(and perhaps some enemies! This is a player vs player game of course! You do have to love the GAMERAAAAGE)

Anyways

TL;DR: Fantasy Earth Zero is awesome and stands next to none.

(*Edit: okay TV tropes is mostly written with an accent of troll, but they skim over some of the concepts ;A; this really isn't the best source like I thought it kinda was for mentioning different elements of the game Apologies!) http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasyEarthZero

If you're someone who had not had the chance to try out the game previously, come join some of us on the HK Server! Part of playing FEZ is being both a trainer and student, so there's no problem helping anyone brand new through the game! http://fantasyearthzero.wikia.com/wiki/Registration_Guide_%28HK%29

forfez

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2012 1:06 am
what apenner said.

Though i must say that the explanation provided on http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasyEarthZero
isn't all that great.. it seems borderline trolling to me. Not to mention that only the gameplay's surface was scratched.

For one thing, more than the fact that a lot of people fight a lot of people, the games are won based on the players' collective ability to acquire, defend, and steal territory, as well as how well they destroy [or obstruct/steal] the opponents'.

Also, each class is versatile with multiple builds depending on what the player's focus is, unlike what is implied in that site mentioned above.

I personally played as a hybrid scout (which, given the number of possibilities, is an incredibly vague statement lol) and there are an incredible number of player-learned "techniques" you can take advantage of
- scaling walls that most people would have to go around, wall jumping, moving stealthed without making a noise, switching weapons while moving or "instantaneously", etc.

as well as strategies that only certain classes or combinations of classes [in groups] could pull off.. and the formations constantly change so there's too many examples to even start talking about. Some wouldn't even make sense to people who haven't played.

It'd be great if we could play this game again. In NA.

junweizhu

Rank 0
junweizhu
PostedApr 11, 2012 6:15 am
From that tvtropes explanation:

4. Fencer – Expert with the pointy thing, very swift and also very hard-hitting at times. Specialize in engaging other foot soldier (while doing jack **** to anything else). Has a counterattack skill.

After reading this, I don't think the writer was really serious when writing this, or just lacks vocabulary.

EDIT: I didn't expect a gamesage to ignore the derailing right at the beginning, even if it was funny.