GMNyago

GameMaster: USA
GMNyago
PostedMar 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Lime Odyssey Status Report 3/15

Alright. Let me break something down for you guys.

I understand that the lot of you are fed up with the waiting. I get it. It’s frustrating.

Here's how things work around here:

Aeria Games and Entertainment (AGE) is a publisher of MMOs and other various types of games. We have no direct in-house development working towards the titles that we provide service for. We operate through licensing of titles from various developers and though we can give SUGGESTIONS on how these games are developed we, again, absolutely do not have any direct hand in the development of the foundation and/or the past, current and future content.

We are a portal to provide these games to a broader market outside of the developers’ native market.

We usually take a game that has been established in an overseas market, localize it and then launch a slightly different version of said game into the markets outside the native.

This is not the case for Lime Odyssey.

We acquired the license to bring Lime Odyssey to the markets we service BEFORE the game was established in its native form. (This is something that is unprecedented for our company.)

Why was LO announced over a year and has still not launched?

We announced Lime Odyssey the same way we as our other games, when we acquire the license. The only difference is the time involved on both the developers and our side to ready this product for launch.

These things take time. Rome was not built in a day, and nor are video games.

With the scale and expectations of Lime Odyssey, please understand the following:

Sirius is comprised of a group of ambitious individuals working on their first title at a fairly new company. Though they already have acclaim from the fact that some of these guys have formally worked for Gravity (Ragnarok Online), they still have a very, very tough order on their hands. Considering the scale of the game they wish to develop and the resources that they have available, a company that was just established in 2008 has come quite a long way in just 4 years.

Currently “Team Lime Odyssey” consists of Anex and myself. We are the only ones constantly directly working on LO. Yes we have Localization, Quality Assurance, Operations, Marketing and other support teams, but they are not completely devoted to LO. (I must say though when they are helping us, they are awesome!) We have been working hard at gathering and training more team members, but like everything else it will take more time.

With that all out of the way here are some general questions that I’ll answer:

Why say “soon”?! Give us a release date!
Have you been promised something to only be disappointed when it doesn’t work out? That’s what we are trying to prevent here. So for now “soon” is all you’re going to get until we have the game in a state we deem appropriate to move forward with. We’d rather be vague than disappoint you guys with incorrect information.

Why so much testing?!
Bugs are a problem. For anyone who has played a video game and experienced them, they do not provide the experience that the developers have intended. We are here to assist in reporting these issues to the developers. As we only stand as observers, once we make our reports the rest is up to the developers.

At the end of Alpha 1 we had over 1000 bugs to sort out in various forums-some critical to the security and progression of the game and some merely aesthetic. We were able to address most of these issues, but we felt that it would be in our best interest to move forward with a Second Alpha for another sweep. Critical issues were still prevalent at the end of Alpha 2 as we received roughly 600 bugs along with some very useful feedback. That information is still being reviewed prior to being delivered to the developers and it will take time for them to address these issues along with taking the feedback into consideration.

Why not just go into Beta? We can help!
Though we appreciate the gesture- here’s the truth- until the critical issues are addressed, we will NOT be moving into the Beta phase of the game’s development. Some of these issues revolve around the stability of the game, security measures that need to be put in place to prevent botting/hacking/fraud/etc, and the need of adequate tools to provide quality service to the players upon release of the game.

Again, we understand that the wait seems like eternity, but please understand that we are all doing the best that we can with the resources provided. We aim to release a quality product that everyone can enjoy in the Free-To-Play market.

If you support us, continue to do so because you’re awesome! <3
If you don’t and have anything nice to say, please save us the trouble and keep it to yourselves. Negativity doesn’t help.

Hang in there everyone! We’re almost there! As I’ve said before, the wait will be worth it.

May the Goddess Nysis bless us on our journey.
-Nyago
Advertisement

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 15, 2012 4:50 pm
Thanks Nyago c:
I hope it makes everyone feel somewhat better about this /o/

blueiceclaw

Rank 0
blueiceclaw
PostedMar 15, 2012 4:54 pm
That's for break down GM Nyago. Keep up the great work.
*Hands a packet of cookies to GM Nyago* Don't forget to share with Anex Smile

-.- blueiceclaw

Neoyoshi

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Neoyoshi
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:02 pm
I just hope people actually read all that. If so it'll definitely clear up a lot of confusion.

If not i suppose those people can just go eat some cake.

Elizavetta

Rank 4
Elizavetta
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:03 pm
I think there should be a lock-down and slave labor should be enforced.

-takes away cookies-

And absolutely no cookies until we get lime.

-arms crossed/serious face-

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:07 pm
Well said. ^-^ *applause*
And this my dear friends, is just another reason you should all join the GM Nyago Fanclub. 8D

masterzorc08

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
masterzorc08
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:34 pm
Wow, the sleeping cat managed to stay awake long enough to write that all up. Guess he needs a cat nap after that much work Razz

Dereldium

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Dereldium
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:38 pm
thanks for the update Nyago Very Happy

Fudgingo

Rank 3
Fudgingo
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:41 pm
Aww,well thanks for the update Nyago.
Better to get some news than no news at all.

ITT: lazy mods

zpaintz

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2012 5:50 pm
I must say thank you for the information, I understand the time and effort that is put into the games we love and enjoy playing. I worked with the game company Acclaim games, when talking with GMs i have learned they get just as upset if not more on the amount of time that it takes for the Game Dev's to get the stuff requested fixed or patched. Im just very happy that areia is not dealing with GameHi as they take FORever to do stuff lol.

I just wish more people could see the behind the secens of what the GMs have to deal with on a daily bases.