magefiresong

Rank 0
magefiresong
PostedMar 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Keep getting d/ced in game

(Application & Stop Responding Errors) d/c every 10s/ random d/c within 5min as well.
So that it no longer clogs up an unrelated thread, but can still be addressed...
magefiresong wrote:
I think its the same issue for myself as well, except I'm using w7.
None of the solutions posted so far have worked.
I either get this _Launcher.exe application error or I'll get the Eden Eternal has stopped working error.
I've timed them, sometimes it's within seconds of having my character log in, other times its within 2-3min. It's very strange since yesterday I had no problems, but today it's constant. Confused

Dell Inspiron 1525,
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit,
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family,
DirectX 11,

BigNakedBob32 wrote:
wormaz wrote:
Same here... disconnects every few seconds/minutes. Problems started only today. Checked drivers, updated, no changes...
W7 x64, Radeon HD4830, was trying to change compatibility modes, running as administrator, no changes.  

If you are running Windows 7 and are getting this it is possible our anti-bot system is detecting some form of software that it does not agree with as this produces a similar disconnect like with the other versions of Windows mentioned in this thread. Try closing out of any unnecessary background programs and disabling your anti-virus before launching Eden. Sometimes antivirus will trigger the disconnect.  

I've now added the file and path to the exceptions list for my anti-virus. I've also tried running the game with it completely off and it still keeps disconnecting.
What I don't understand is why the game worked fine yesterday, yet today it's basically unplayable due to these Application and Stop Responding Errors.
There were no changes to anything on my comp since last night... Confused
Is there any solution at the moment if it's on the game's end rather than ours?
Advertisement

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
PostedMar 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: Keep getting d/ced in game

(Application & Stop Responding Errors) d/c every 10s/ random d/c within 5min as well.
magefiresong wrote:
So that it no longer clogs up an unrelated thread, but can still be addressed...
magefiresong wrote:
I think its the same issue for myself as well, except I'm using w7.
None of the solutions posted so far have worked.
I either get this _Launcher.exe application error or I'll get the Eden Eternal has stopped working error.
I've timed them, sometimes it's within seconds of having my character log in, other times its within 2-3min. It's very strange since yesterday I had no problems, but today it's constant. Confused

Dell Inspiron 1525,
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit,
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family,
DirectX 11,

BigNakedBob32 wrote:
wormaz wrote:
Same here... disconnects every few seconds/minutes. Problems started only today. Checked drivers, updated, no changes...
W7 x64, Radeon HD4830, was trying to change compatibility modes, running as administrator, no changes.  

If you are running Windows 7 and are getting this it is possible our anti-bot system is detecting some form of software that it does not agree with as this produces a similar disconnect like with the other versions of Windows mentioned in this thread. Try closing out of any unnecessary background programs and disabling your anti-virus before launching Eden. Sometimes antivirus will trigger the disconnect.  

I've now added the file and path to the exceptions list for my anti-virus. I've also tried running the game with it completely off and it still keeps disconnecting.
What I don't understand is why the game worked fine yesterday, yet today it's basically unplayable due to these Application and Stop Responding Errors.
There were no changes to anything on my comp since last night... Confused
Is there any solution at the moment if it's on the game's end rather than ours?

Application and Stop Responding Errors are not the same as the disconnections being discussed in this thread.

I need you to post a copy of your dxdiag so we can figure out what is causing these errors.

Posting a dxdiag
  1. Click Start and then Run or use the Search bar in the start menu on Vista/7
  2. Type "dxdiag" and select OK,
  3. When the DirectX Diagnostic tool opens select "Save All Information" at the bottom of the screen and save the file. Remember where you saved it!
  4. Open the file, copy all the info and paste into a post.

magefiresong

Rank 0
magefiresong
PostedMar 13, 2012 2:43 pm   Last edited by magefiresong on Mar 13, 2012 3:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Edit:
[DxDiag Data removed]
Wink

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
PostedMar 13, 2012 2:56 pm   Last edited by BigNakedBob32 on Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm. Edited 2 times in total
First I'd like you to grab these drivers. If I remember correctly these will be from November of 2009 instead of September.

If the drivers alone do not stop the errors it would be good to run Eden in compatibility mode for Windows XP as well. To do this all you need to do is right click on the Eden Eternal shortcut, select properties, click the Compatibility tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box and then select Windows XP SP2 or SP3. Then click OK and try Eden again. This works on Vista and Windows 7 and usually benefits people with Intel graphics chipsets most.

Additionally, some people have luck with deleting the _Launcher.exe and then running the launcher.exe from the Eden folder. This replaces the _Launcher.exe that can sometimes become corrupt.

magefiresong

Rank 0
magefiresong
PostedMar 13, 2012 2:58 pm
Thanks, I'll try that and hope it works Smile
It appears to have worked, thank you very much for the link to the drivers and the help Very Happy