Author Message

Short_Amigo

GameSage: Forum
Short_Amigo
Joined
16 Apr 2008
Posts
2302
Location
A place in Canada
PostedMar 14, 2012 7:09 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
The cash pool will dry up when people like me realise what a waste it is. Why pay to be uber when there is nobody to beat?

And yes, i am very passionate (i dont know why) i want this game to be resotored to its former glory even if it means giving up everything i have worked so hard to acheive, i would rather lose everything for a living healthy pvp game, than see this game stagnate as it is doing with uber gear i can do nothing with.  
You don't know that for sure. They can keep pushing out the games. More games brings in different types of people. Not everyone is as passionate as you, and not everyone feels the feelings you do. Common sense will tell you this. It's great to hope and fight for something, don't get me wrong. It would be great if they focused a bit more on their players and less on what is in their pocket. If you're passionate about a company, of course you'll fight for it but don't be surprised if nothing changes because it doesn't change the fact that you're fighting for a Free to Play company.  
I supported aeria for 2 years i was a GS for them, i talk to the PMs of the game and give feedback and suggestions to them when they ask, while i don't expect change to come anymore but it doesn't mean il stop.  
Good. I never said you should stop. I simply asked the question, "What do you expect from a Free To Play company?" Good luck.  
In answer to that, i 'expect' any company to strive to offer its customers the best experiance possible, Areia simply doesn't do that. Profit comes before the customer with them, it should be the other way around. It isn't.  

That's why you should lead by example and provide a service as a GS. If Aeria can't fully provide a good experience, at least you can make some player's experience just a bit better by putting some effort in. Since you don't exactly get paid to GS, there's no reason for you to think profit before customer. The only drawback would be though the people who think of only tags and popularity, and not giving a crap about anyone else.

Also, companies nowadays are profit first, service when able. You'll be hard pressed to find one that will actually care for the customer and include policies which are more to the customer's benefit. Sure you'll find some companies which have some nice policies but they get you somewhere else, either in the prices or the fine written print in the contracts.

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10316
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 14, 2012 7:28 am
Short_Amigo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
The cash pool will dry up when people like me realise what a waste it is. Why pay to be uber when there is nobody to beat?

And yes, i am very passionate (i dont know why) i want this game to be resotored to its former glory even if it means giving up everything i have worked so hard to acheive, i would rather lose everything for a living healthy pvp game, than see this game stagnate as it is doing with uber gear i can do nothing with.  
You don't know that for sure. They can keep pushing out the games. More games brings in different types of people. Not everyone is as passionate as you, and not everyone feels the feelings you do. Common sense will tell you this. It's great to hope and fight for something, don't get me wrong. It would be great if they focused a bit more on their players and less on what is in their pocket. If you're passionate about a company, of course you'll fight for it but don't be surprised if nothing changes because it doesn't change the fact that you're fighting for a Free to Play company.  
I supported aeria for 2 years i was a GS for them, i talk to the PMs of the game and give feedback and suggestions to them when they ask, while i don't expect change to come anymore but it doesn't mean il stop.  
Good. I never said you should stop. I simply asked the question, "What do you expect from a Free To Play company?" Good luck.  
In answer to that, i 'expect' any company to strive to offer its customers the best experiance possible, Areia simply doesn't do that. Profit comes before the customer with them, it should be the other way around. It isn't.  

That's why you should lead by example and provide a service as a GS. If Aeria can't fully provide a good experience, at least you can make some player's experience just a bit better by putting some effort in. Since you don't exactly get paid to GS, there's no reason for you to think profit before customer. The only drawback would be though the people who think of only tags and popularity, and not giving a crap about anyone else.

Also, companies nowadays are profit first, service when able. You'll be hard pressed to find one that will actually care for the customer and include policies which are more to the customer's benefit. Sure you'll find some companies which have some nice policies but they get you somewhere else, either in the prices or the fine written print in the contracts.  
There are so many restrictions in being a GS i can do a better job of it without the tags.

Short_Amigo

GameSage: Forum
Short_Amigo
Joined
16 Apr 2008
Posts
2302
Location
A place in Canada
PostedMar 14, 2012 7:36 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Short_Amigo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
The cash pool will dry up when people like me realise what a waste it is. Why pay to be uber when there is nobody to beat?

And yes, i am very passionate (i dont know why) i want this game to be resotored to its former glory even if it means giving up everything i have worked so hard to acheive, i would rather lose everything for a living healthy pvp game, than see this game stagnate as it is doing with uber gear i can do nothing with.  
You don't know that for sure. They can keep pushing out the games. More games brings in different types of people. Not everyone is as passionate as you, and not everyone feels the feelings you do. Common sense will tell you this. It's great to hope and fight for something, don't get me wrong. It would be great if they focused a bit more on their players and less on what is in their pocket. If you're passionate about a company, of course you'll fight for it but don't be surprised if nothing changes because it doesn't change the fact that you're fighting for a Free to Play company.  
I supported aeria for 2 years i was a GS for them, i talk to the PMs of the game and give feedback and suggestions to them when they ask, while i don't expect change to come anymore but it doesn't mean il stop.  
Good. I never said you should stop. I simply asked the question, "What do you expect from a Free To Play company?" Good luck.  
In answer to that, i 'expect' any company to strive to offer its customers the best experiance possible, Areia simply doesn't do that. Profit comes before the customer with them, it should be the other way around. It isn't.  

That's why you should lead by example and provide a service as a GS. If Aeria can't fully provide a good experience, at least you can make some player's experience just a bit better by putting some effort in. Since you don't exactly get paid to GS, there's no reason for you to think profit before customer. The only drawback would be though the people who think of only tags and popularity, and not giving a crap about anyone else.

Also, companies nowadays are profit first, service when able. You'll be hard pressed to find one that will actually care for the customer and include policies which are more to the customer's benefit. Sure you'll find some companies which have some nice policies but they get you somewhere else, either in the prices or the fine written print in the contracts.  
There are so many restrictions in being a GS i can do a better job of it without the tags.  


Maybe so, but sometimes the newer players or experienced players won't take your help unless you do have the tags. Follow the "authority" mentality. But it's what I had said to marksteele in a post before, that not everyone is suited to be a GS or can work best under the tags. Sometimes they are better off helping without the tags. Even trolls have their purpose, finding loopholes and cracks in the system which need to be fixed or addressed.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10316
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 14, 2012 8:11 am
Short_Amigo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Short_Amigo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
The cash pool will dry up when people like me realise what a waste it is. Why pay to be uber when there is nobody to beat?

And yes, i am very passionate (i dont know why) i want this game to be resotored to its former glory even if it means giving up everything i have worked so hard to acheive, i would rather lose everything for a living healthy pvp game, than see this game stagnate as it is doing with uber gear i can do nothing with.  
You don't know that for sure. They can keep pushing out the games. More games brings in different types of people. Not everyone is as passionate as you, and not everyone feels the feelings you do. Common sense will tell you this. It's great to hope and fight for something, don't get me wrong. It would be great if they focused a bit more on their players and less on what is in their pocket. If you're passionate about a company, of course you'll fight for it but don't be surprised if nothing changes because it doesn't change the fact that you're fighting for a Free to Play company.  
I supported aeria for 2 years i was a GS for them, i talk to the PMs of the game and give feedback and suggestions to them when they ask, while i don't expect change to come anymore but it doesn't mean il stop.  
Good. I never said you should stop. I simply asked the question, "What do you expect from a Free To Play company?" Good luck.  
In answer to that, i 'expect' any company to strive to offer its customers the best experiance possible, Areia simply doesn't do that. Profit comes before the customer with them, it should be the other way around. It isn't.  

That's why you should lead by example and provide a service as a GS. If Aeria can't fully provide a good experience, at least you can make some player's experience just a bit better by putting some effort in. Since you don't exactly get paid to GS, there's no reason for you to think profit before customer. The only drawback would be though the people who think of only tags and popularity, and not giving a crap about anyone else.

Also, companies nowadays are profit first, service when able. You'll be hard pressed to find one that will actually care for the customer and include policies which are more to the customer's benefit. Sure you'll find some companies which have some nice policies but they get you somewhere else, either in the prices or the fine written print in the contracts.  
There are so many restrictions in being a GS i can do a better job of it without the tags.  


Maybe so, but sometimes the newer players or experienced players won't take your help unless you do have the tags. Follow the "authority" mentality. But it's what I had said to marksteele in a post before, that not everyone is suited to be a GS or can work best under the tags. Sometimes they are better off helping without the tags. Even trolls have their purpose, finding loopholes and cracks in the system which need to be fixed or addressed.  
touché

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
Joined
08 May 2008
Posts
2071
Location
Gator Nation, United States
PostedMar 15, 2012 12:41 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
Lol yes, and now i have gear that makes me nigh unbeatable.

Think i want that?

F**k no, i want pvp, i want a challange, i want to be tested, i want to have a reason to play the game.  


Well you do have other options.

  1. Remove your "uber" gear. Enter PVP.
  2. Remove your "uber" gear. Equip "less uber" gear. Enter PVP.
  3. Make friends on the opposing side. Convince them to follow step 1 and/or step 2 and meet you in PVP.


The best PVP was in EP3 before enchants and all that crap. Take all the energy you put into ranting here and apply it to setting up a group of players who share the same idea as you. Set general boundaries such as a [5] max and meet up in PVP during non-peak times where you are less likely to be bothered by those who don't want to conform to lower standards.

"But I paid a lot of money for this, why shouldn't I use it?"
Killa_1112 wrote:
Why pay to be uber when there is nobody to beat?  


Smile

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10316
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 15, 2012 1:18 pm
Saltyloves wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Lol yes, and now i have gear that makes me nigh unbeatable.

Think i want that?

F**k no, i want pvp, i want a challange, i want to be tested, i want to have a reason to play the game.  


Well you do have other options.

  1. Remove your "uber" gear. Enter PVP.
  2. Remove your "uber" gear. Equip "less uber" gear. Enter PVP.
  3. Make friends on the opposing side. Convince them to follow step 1 and/or step 2 and meet you in PVP.
 
Done all of the above. Next please. You also miss the point. When the PLAYERS are forced to take it upon themselves to fix AREIAS mistakes after they insist all is well and good then something is seriously f****d up.

 
The best PVP was in EP3 before enchants and all that crap. Take all the energy you put into ranting here and apply it to setting up a group of players who share the same idea as you. Set general boundaries such as a [5] max and meet up in PVP during non-peak times where you are less likely to be bothered by those who don't want to conform to lower standards.  
...

I have been doing that for the last 2 years >_> now its just ridiculous, that small group gets smaller and smaller and smaller and nobody replaces them... untill it just fizzels out and with it so does the pvp.

Why would anyone set boundries and make 2 sets of gear? That cannot be expected of anyone its insane, Areia is ment to fix this crap (and tbh they shouldn't have let it get this far but they are just hungry for moneyz).

"But I paid a lot of money for this, why shouldn't I use it?"

Why should't you indeed, all it takes is one short sighted @sshole and all those 'codes of honour' go out the window.

See the point yet? Areia needs to fix this and through inactivity they are milking the game and they plyers know it.

Their income will eventually dry up and the game will close - Done... and the players will have been.

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
Joined
08 May 2008
Posts
2071
Location
Gator Nation, United States
PostedMar 15, 2012 1:28 pm
I have not missed the point at all. I understand perfectly that you are calling for Aeria to swoop in and fix all of Shaiya's problems right away. It's been going on for a long time. I get it. I was there. Smile

But you have to realize that the community (i.e. you and everyone sharing your opinion on the matter) can take steps to work around the issues in the meantime, but you have to be willing to do it and stick with it.

Why make a second set? Because it will cost a fraction of your "uber" set and serve its purpose for some fulfilling PVP until everything is "fixed."

You guys have tactics on your side again, so I strongly believe things will begin to look up. But again, you've got to do your part as well, even if it means doing nothing or taking a few steps back at times. Like you said, you've been making this rant for a long time, and what has changed? Maybe it's time to stop ranting and start setting an example.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10316
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 15, 2012 1:31 pm
Saltyloves wrote:
I have not missed the point at all. I understand perfectly that you are calling for Aeria to swoop in and fix all of Shaiya's problems right away. It's been going on for a long time. I get it. I was there. Smile

But you have to realize that the community (i.e. you and everyone sharing your opinion on the matter) can take steps to work around the issues in the meantime, but you have to be willing to do it and stick with it.

Why make a second set? Because it will cost a fraction of your "uber" set and serve its purpose for some fulfilling PVP until everything is "fixed."

You guys have tactics on your side again, so I strongly believe things will begin to look up. But again, you've got to do your part as well, even if it means doing nothing or taking a few steps back at times. Like you said, you've been making this rant for a long time, and what has changed? Maybe it's time to stop ranting and start setting an example.  
Tactics is the only reason i belive there is hope.

I lead by example for the last to years, i did everything i could, where did it get me? i was called a QQer becuase i wouldnt shut up and pvp, i was hated by my faction fro trying to explain the logic i ws made a KoS on dark side for the same reason, i was told i ruined pvp or was trying to control it for my own benefit.

And now its all gone, everyone has left, pvp is a deserted zone.

I support tactics, but only tactics roy and the GM team because those guys try. above that i see very little initiative to fix the game.

virtualshogun

Rank 0
Joined
28 May 2010
Posts
42
Location
United States
PostedMar 21, 2012 8:36 pm
If they were to actually impliment a zone like canta but you cant even enter the zone with higher then [7] max enchant on any item, I'm 100% sure that zone would replace canta without question then its down to build and links over uber enchants that are too over powered for someone that isnt running [17] to even get a edge into.

Same with mini pvp and other pvp zones cap the max allowed enchants per zone Seriously [16] + in 1 - 15 .....

Example:

1 - 15 [5]
20 - 30 [7]

why would this work because think people wouldnt be so staggered in gear that it takes a raid to kill one person, or when one "uber" person keeps overpowering the zone driveing people out of it. people tend to enjoy a fair-ish exchange of deaths and kills thats what we went into the zone for.

But sadly- you spend 45 mins trying to kill a uber with a full party or 1 on 1 and you cant even get a edge on either of you, it tends to make it 100000000 times more work then fun.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: