night_24light

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2012 5:32 pm

70 lvl hunter -useless skills-

I found most of 70 lvl hunter skills useless.

Most of it are easly potable and have a low ATK if not O ATK also most of it fail on bosses.

So, only think leave to use in pvp and at bosses is the not skill ATK and rapid shot. (eccept Pantera Vision and Apocaliptyc wich have 600 sec of recharge)

I also use often Tranquilizing Shot and Viper Sting Shot in pvp which one only can be dispel.

Also Deadly Poison Shot is realy useless in pvp against a good pvp, it can be potable i 1sec without doing any damege. ( i do not say it is a bad skill but it only dmg if target forget to use potion or do not get dispel)

I wander if with EP6 hunter skill will get improve or it will be like now..useless.

List of my skills:
- Tranquilizing Shot lv 6
- Deadly Poison Shot lv 5
- Viper Sting Shot lv 4
- Piercing Shot lv 5
- Rapid Shot lv 5
- Apocalyptic Shot lv 3
- Pantera Vision lv 3
- Soul Menace lv 3
- buff skills ( eccept Flesh Attack and weapon ele's )
Advertisement

locx_

Rank 1
locx_
PostedMar 13, 2012 11:28 am
Can you explain a bit why you say so? And is this from PvP point of view only?

I myself am not even above lvl 60 yet so I cannot argue whether they are bad in 70s or not, but that list didn't make much sense to me. Is it the list of those useless skills or the only ones that have use? Because there's DPS and TS there for example and you said that they are useless, and then there is RS and PV which I would never pass.

Also some things I think that are worth considering (again pls remember I haven't experienced this in 70 pvp so it all might be a bif /fail in practice):
- Deadly Poison Shot also does higher dmg that normal hit. Costs pretty much but if there's enough SP and MP on you it shouldn't bother that much. Also it takes that 1 sec to pot or dispel it and that 1 second can be valuable in pvp.
- Bull's Eye is 100% chance and higher dmg than normal hit, for most ppl about 20% more dmg. It doesn't hit when fighter/warrior is on Eagle Eye so it's a nice way of checking if the buff is on.
- afaik Piercing Shot is or at least was worth getting only to lvl 1, since the immobilize time is the same on every lvl and the dmg increase is insignificant. I think nothing has changed on this. It's good in hunting down weaker toons running away.
- Wide/Ballista Shot. Now many will probably laugh, but this is also about +20% more dmg to most and it's AoE. Wont kill anyone but will hurt many and if there are other DPSes bombarding AoEs your shot might be the one finishing the job.
-Shower Time/Bloody Shower is also a long CD one but same dmg as Apocalyptic Shot and and AoE. And no cast time.

night_24light

Rank 0
PostedMar 14, 2012 7:48 am
Yes, thet is the list with the skill i have.

About the skill you listed exept deadly poison are all not potable.

- bull's eye do 100% chenage of basic damge +505 (at lv 4)
- wide/balista lv7 do basic damage + 511 aoe range 7 m from target
- shower time/bloody lv3 damage twice basic atk evryone within 10 m from the target (is a nice skill like how it is windspin for worrior but 400 sec of recahrge is to much) and i found apocalyptic better then this one wich do 3 times atk damege and pauses target for 5 sec. anyway shower and apocalyptic are 2 skill realy different and cant be put on the same line.

As for thet skills thet do basic damege + around 500 for me are realy usless since with the ammount of Luc i have damage go by Luc stat * ( random # from 0 to 1.5) wich make more of times thet + around500 dmg from skills to be like 0 dmg or same # dmg wich make me more to not use it since i go near my normal atk. i mean if i use skill or normal atk i do same damage.

And i farm alot and i'm most of time soloing.

I say thet because in pvp (raid v raid) is more esy to kill sameone with deadly poison since is more confusion and i also have to be carfull about how many skills i use to not go out of mana to fast(and this is a problem for me since most of skill need mana and i do not have much).

Regarding farming most of time i have to pvp against 1 or 2 lights and here is where deadly poison is a problem and not so good since in 1v1 the other do more attetione and poting your poison realy fast ( it not do it is a noob but then, like all nobbs have not much hp and i kill fast with out use skill if not rapid shoot).

Regarding Bosses i only use
- rapid shoot
- viper shot (sametimes nailed shoot works alos but i do not got it cuz for his lower dmg)
- apocalyptic
and here i'm realy disapoint wy AG gave us so many skills thet do not work on bosses and now also on same rotco mobs, what's the point to have a skill if it not work on bosses for someone thet have to farm also and not only pvp

So thet is what i mean and i hope i explained it well, since i'm not so good with english language i found some difficulties do explain what i mean.

locx_

Rank 1
locx_
PostedMar 15, 2012 8:21 am
I understand what you mean, and I argee that there could/should be better skills or at least skills that work.

I forgot that Apocalyptic Shot had another lvl making it 3x Very Happy But I'd still put it somewhat on the same line than Shower because they're both one of the few good skills on archer, not fixed dmg and not DoT.

and for the extra dmg yeah I forgot to count the bonus random 0-1.5 from luc, but still +500 critted is +750 plus ele bonus, be it 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, or 1.6, making it 900-1200 (or maybe its making it smaller). If you have 2500 atk power and say 700 LUC it would make around 5000 + LUC bonus which would be average of 525 with that LUC. So that would make it 17-18% more dmg.

And don't worry about your english, it's not my first language either and you at least put some effort in it unlike some of the ppl Smile

kmhasan

Rank 3
kmhasan
PostedMar 17, 2012 6:13 pm
I really don't get what the problem is. Archer/hunters have the best set of skills overall, IMO. I play a full dex build on archer and even at that I don't complain about low damage.

If you are farming on regular mobs that aren't immune to abnormal conditions just hit them with deadly poison, rapid shot and ballista shot whenever they are up and keep auto attacking. If that mob has high HP hit it with max level of sustain shot as well.

If you are on a boss, keep it under viper and nailed all the time and keep running thru your rapid and ballista shots.

If it is about RotCO mobs, you have to know which mobs take which debuffs. Viper + nailed work on anything and everything. Sustain shot, deadly poison shot works on a select few mobs. If you want to farm the mobs that take sustain + deadly poison, I suggest link yourself a weapon with toxin 6 + 7 lapis. For example, the mobs in Dlizabeth's zone take in those debuffs, they are so much easier to kill compared to mobs in Nantarios' zone.

If you are in PvP, well, it's a totally different ball game. So what a skill is pottable? You gain the advantage of it till it's potted off or dispelled. If they do not have healers around, hit them with the skills that cannot be potted off. Sustain shot is by far the heaviest damage dealing skills on high hp toons and it cannot be potted off.

Why compare a hunter/archer's damage with a warrior/fighter? Do they get your range advantage?

night_24light

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2012 6:26 am
HI

I am not complain about low damege and also i do not try to compare hunter/archer to warrior/fighter or to any other classes.

I was complain about will be nice to have more skills thet work on bosses also or will be nice to have a lower recharge time for thet skills thet not fail on bosses. I do not talk about CG/CS/Kimu or any other bosses were could be pvp, but i talk about OI bosses or ROTCO bosses.
I'm sure will be nice thet most of our skill to not fail since you spent an ammount of skill points to have it, i would like to can use thet skill not only on normal mobs. And i'm sure you will like thet also.

And i hope AG will do same nice change on ep 6, since it is on the way to be relased.
I think thet if AG will do same improve for hunter/archers skill thet will bring also more people to play this class since we are downnumbers.

kmhasan

Rank 3
kmhasan
PostedMar 19, 2012 8:37 am
This has nothing to do with archer/hunters. Any skill (for any class) that has any abnormal condition attached to it does not work on bosses (or mobs that are immune to them). There are many more useful defender/guardian skills that are useless fighting such bosses/mobs. Same goes for other classes, too.

I prefer it stays the way it is.

night_24light

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2012 9:57 am
I do not play a guard/defener class and i do not know what skill are useless for them.

I play a hunter and i only saied what i think about hunters skills and thet will be nice for me to see an improve on skills.

Please do not try to get in any other classes and find any issues on them, on this topic.

I will keep play my hunter because i found it nice and i have alot of fun.
I'm not an ap buyer so i farm alot and i only try to say what's the hunters skills issues when you farm.
Please do not suggest me to chenge classes ( on like worrir ) if i want more skills to farm.

I'm not also full linked but in pvp i most kill ppl with normal atk and less using skill. I only killed ppl with deadly poison wich did do not know it is potable, but is only a matter of time to find out it is potable and then ..the only skill leave out to use is rapid shot or wait 300+ sec
for others skills recarge. So i do not like to use only few skills in pvp and when doing bosses.

Also with ep 6 we will found out thet classes will have more and more hp and then useing DoT skills will have not sense if it esly potable/ doing low dmg when you use it/ or skills thet have long time recharge and i have to see how you get down a fighter or a defender or a priest wich maybe will have over 100k hp in ep 6. How much time will get you to kill only using rapid shot and normal atk after used all others skill.

You maybe prefer thet skill stay for what are they now. But we will see on ep 6, where at end game most ppl know your skill are most potable and DoT and only skills thet realy do a significant damage is rapid shot or others with 300+ sec recharge wich once used you maybe will die 2-3 times till to use it back.

Also for DoT skills like neail or viper at the moment, lets get viper wich is not potable use it on a fighter/def and deals 887 hp each 3 sec for 21 sec means you damege for 6k hp wich is almost a normal atk shoot and so noting change if you use normal atk shot or viper shot wich dmg 0 when you shot it and after you wait 21 sec for it to make all 6k dmg.
And i do not talk about nailed wich get 218 dmg evry 3 sec for 12 sec and 1st atk is 0 thet mean 872 dmg in 12 sec realy low damage since the normal atk go over 4k and useing it mean you do a 812 dmg against your normal ATK. ( and in 21 sec or 12 sec thet those skills should do the damge, used in pvp, the target will be dispeled maybe 10 +times)
And if you have to fight against a hight hp mob/palyer i see thet skills realy usless since have a lowe dmg.

Please let me know where i do wrong about, but plese do not give exempl others classes skill. I only wanna talk about hunter/archer.
Found out if anyother have same issue like i have about skills.

I'm soloing alot also in OI and doing bosses with only viper shot/rapid shot and each 300 sec blody 600 sec apo is kinda boring. I go afk and let on auto atk and is realy boring to press only 2-3 key each 300+sec.

kmhasan

Rank 3
kmhasan
PostedMar 19, 2012 11:13 am
Seems you didn't get what I meant. The point is all classes are suffering for such "useless" skills. So for you to ask for a change for hunters only is simply unfair. That's why I mention other classes. This game is not about hunters only. And this is coming from someone who plays archer only.

I never said you should change class. Just take advantage of what's given to you and realize the limitations you got.

Viper and nailed does low damage per tick but that damage is "extra" you can keep attacking and those damages will keep on adding up. Say you hit an OI boss for 4k damage each regular hit. If you replace one of your auto attack shot with a viper you will be losing that 4k damage but gaining 6k damage over 21 seconds. Is that doing more damage or less damage?

And who cares how long it takes for me to kill a defender/priest? They are on the same boat as I am now. I already get 62k HP on my archer with priest buffs. Do you think they can kill me easy either? Come EP6 if people get more HP, let it be. Game changes, we adapt and live with it.

night_24light

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2012 12:05 pm
kmhasan wrote:
Seems you didn't get what I meant. The point is all classes are suffering for such "useless" skills. So for you to ask for a change for hunters only is simply unfair. That's why I mention other classes. This game is not about hunters only. And this is coming from someone who plays archer only.

I never said you should change class. Just take advantage of what's given to you and realize the limitations you got.

Viper and nailed does low damage per tick but that damage is "extra" you can keep attacking and those damages will keep on adding up. Say you hit an OI boss for 4k damage each regular hit. If you replace one of your auto attack shot with a viper you will be losing that 4k damage but gaining 6k damage over 21 seconds. Is that doing more damage or less damage?

And who cares how long it takes for me to kill a defender/priest? They are on the same boat as I am now. I already get 62k HP on my archer with priest buffs. Do you think they can kill me easy either? Come EP6 if people get more HP, let it be. Game changes, we adapt and live with it.  

I had got your point. I know all calsses are suffering about skills (exept fighter/worrior wich think theier skills are pretty good atm).
I'm sorry for thet you think is unfair what i'm doing but i also cant go on all classes topic and say thet all classes have uslesses skills thet have to be imporove. I let thet for other ppl to do it and if i can i'll support thet (if theier request is fair, i mean if they not ask for 1hr of defy " is only an example thet i'll not support" )

And, yes, you didnt told me to change classes but i also didnt quote your previous post. My last post was an replay to you, but also same things was not and i'm sorry if i wasnt explain it well.

I know you do not care to kill a defender or priest. But i was mean defender/guard priest/orc dipend on what side you get it. Used only def/priest cuz was more esy for me to type it.

About farming/ pvp i use thet skills because i have not choice but thet not mean thet i do not consider it usless.
I thank you very much for your replay. I see you do not see my point on the same way and you prefer for status quo. It is your choice and i respect it. But i still thing thet AG should improve hunter/arcers skill.