Imagion.

Rank 4
Imagion.
PostedMar 11, 2012 1:08 am

Story Time!

I hope you enjoy it...
Hey,

I just want to share this with you, i found it extremely interesting.

There was this massive ship, it was cruising along in the ocean. Assuming that everything was on course, the captain of the ship decided to take a stroll around the decks of the ship to check if everything was alright. As he casually walked around he suddenly heard the sailor on the lookout scream "we're on a collision course!".

The captain was absolutely astonished, he ran straight back into the captains room and signaled the other ship to set course 20 degrees to their left. The reply back was "no, you set course 20 degrees to your left!" The captain at this point was angry, he stated "i am the captain of this ship and i command you to set course 20 degress to your left!" The reply back was "i am a second class seaman and i order you to set course 20 degrees to your left!".

At this point, the captain was furious, he replied back "I am in a battle ship and i command you to set course 20 degrees to your left!" The reply back was "I am in a lighthouse and i command you to set course 20 degrees to your left!"

That made my day, i hope you enjoyed reading it!
Advertisement

djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedMar 11, 2012 1:15 am
Erm. Okay. o.o

Wrong section >:O

GirlycarDemon

Rank 5
GirlycarDemon
PostedMar 11, 2012 1:25 am
ROFLCOPTER!

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedMar 11, 2012 1:28 am
Still funny Very Happy

Imagion.

Rank 4
Imagion.
PostedMar 11, 2012 2:03 am

Oops

Hey,
djashes wrote:
Erm. Okay. o.o

Wrong section >:O  

Oops, my bad.

alpharex00

Rank 4
alpharex00
PostedMar 11, 2012 2:11 am

LOL

That was funny lol

need awesome siggy?:Rex's siggy shop LuckyBox

yaseenmalik

Rank 4
yaseenmalik
PostedMar 11, 2012 2:18 am

EPIC

Thats a Good One! hahaha

legendroidz8

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2012 2:25 am
honestly i didnt get it. explain in laymans terms pleeze

Imagion.

Rank 4
Imagion.
PostedMar 11, 2012 2:51 am

Explanation

Hey,
legendroidz8 wrote:
honestly i didnt get it. explain in laymans terms pleeze  

They assumed that the object ahead of them was a ship, but it was a lighthouse.

The captain was giving orders to the lighthouse keeper, when in fact it's meant to be the other way around. LOL!

SilentArbiter

Rank 0
SilentArbiter
PostedMar 11, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Story Time!

I hope you enjoy it...
Imagion. wrote:
Hey,

I just want to share this with you, i found it extremely interesting.

There was this massive ship, it was cruising along in the ocean. Assuming that everything was on course, the captain of the ship decided to take a stroll around the decks of the ship to check if everything was alright. As he casually walked around he suddenly heard the sailor on the lookout scream "we're on a collision course!".

The captain was absolutely astonished, he ran straight back into the captains room and signaled the other ship to set course 20 degrees to their left. The reply back was "no, you set course 20 degrees to your left!" The captain at this point was angry, he stated "i am the captain of this ship and i command you to set course 20 degress to your left!" The reply back was "i am a second class seaman and i order you to set course 20 degrees to your left!".

At this point, the captain was furious, he replied back "I am in a battle ship and i command you to set course 20 degrees to your left!" The reply back was "I am in a lighthouse and i command you to set course 20 degrees to your left!"

That made my day, i hope you enjoyed reading it!  

Old mariner's tale. Heard it at my maritime academy many times. Its how you teach the idiot deck department to not be so restricted by procedure that they run into a rock or something (cus we all know deckies cant even walk in a straight line w/o a rope guiding them).

Ajajaja.

tldr imanengineerwehatedeckies