amylee6991

Rank 1
amylee6991
PostedMar 08, 2012 7:56 am

DDTANK How to measure distance!

i should have posted this a long time ago i was just afraid that i might be wrong but now im right!
Hi there i noticed that some players are accusing one another of using aimbot/cheat everytime when theyre enemy use an accurate parabola

To shoot an accurate parabola a player must first know the terms used in the game. Here are the basic things that a player should know:

Headwind - wind blowing from your opposite direction
For example, if you're avatar is facing to the right => and the wind is blowing opposite your direction or left <= , then you can say that the wind is defined as "Headwind". A wind that blows opposite your direction is always called a headwind.

Refer to the picture below to better understand the definition of Headwind.

Tailwind -wind blowing in the same direction you're facing
For example, if your avatar is facing to the right => and the wind is blowing the same direction or right =>, then the wind is defined as " Tailwind". A wind that blows the same direction where you're facing is always called a tailwind..

Refer to the picture below to better understand the definition of Tailwind.

second important thing you should learn about is the screen

Screen - the whole play area or battle field which you can view from left to right of your screen or monitor
- the screen is also used to measure your distance from your enemy, 1 screen is equal to distance 10, so basically, 1/2 screen is equal to distance 5, so far this is the most popular basis of distance in playing DDtank
TIP: At the upper middle part of your screen, you can see the wind arrow, once you've located the wind arrow you will notice that it is placed at the middle of the battle field or the screen, use this wind arrow to easily measure the distance. As I've mentioned earlier, 1/2 of the screen is distance 5, so if you're avatar is located at the rightmost/ leftmost of the screen and your enemy's position is aligned with the wind arrow, then you can easliy tell that the distance is 5.

Refer to the picture below to better understand the definiton of Screen.

Refer to the picture below to better understand the measurement of distance in the battle field.

Basically those are the only important things a player of DDtank should know and understand. I have included these pictures for you to understand better how to calculate the distance.

DDTANK AIMING GUIDE
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=12591241#12591241
Advertisement

phuckin

Rank 0
phuckin
PostedJul 24, 2012 2:02 am
thanks wdf

^^

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedJul 24, 2012 7:51 pm
Awesome guide. Very good work making the distance more visual. ^^

There's also another guide here.

EvenIfNot4ever

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 1:59 pm
I didn't notice this thread until now. Good job in stealing content from another source :)

http://katrine.brimple.com/info/ddtank-guide-how-to-measure-distance/

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedApr 27, 2013 2:09 pm
EvenIfNot4ever wrote:
I didn't notice this thread until now. Good job in stealing content from another source Smile

http://katrine.brimple.com/info/ddtank-guide-how-to-measure-distance/

Please don't Necro old threads. Also....

I see no problem in sharing already shared content. A lot of gaming sites copy content from Aeria and they hold no grudge over it.

Guides on this specific subject is countless.

I also make tons of original guides and I have absolutely no problem with someone publishing it somewhere else since it helps the gaming community as a whole. I'm more then happy when I see my content on other sites since it helps so many more people, credit given or not.

If this is your original content, then feel free to ask for credit. If not, then I'm sure the original creator's intent was to help people and in this way, he/she can help even more people!