Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJul 24, 2012 11:42 am
MeiuAngel wrote:
This thread is old. From March. I'm not entirely sure who necroed it or why, as there hasn't been a recurrence of the issue o-o  

The account/pw/email list was made public this week.

Advertisement

MeiuAngel

Rank 2
MeiuAngel
PostedJul 24, 2012 12:01 pm
=o How odd, I have Gamigo's page on my facebook and didn't notice any announcement. I shall go and have another look x.x

Superman0X

Superman0X
PostedJul 24, 2012 12:45 pm
MeiuAngel wrote:
=o How odd, I have Gamigo's page on my facebook and didn't notice any announcement. I shall go and have another look x.x  

They didnt tell their players.. news sites did...
Check the update in the first post.

boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
PostedJul 24, 2012 3:30 pm
danget, explains why i had problems logging into some of my stuff. gladly my age password is different from the other stuff.

anyway, this website can tell you if your stuff has been stolen and is very handy
http://pwnedlist.com/

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJul 24, 2012 5:14 pm
Thanks again superman for the update. I don't have gamigo either, but like how gamigo's flaws were released recently by the news, so were yahoo's and others. Sadly the hacking events on such websites is going a bit rampant at the moment and has been I believe all this year. Sad

Hey superman, this reminds me of when people's passwords and such were considered they 'could' be compromised on aeria so aeria games made it so that we all had to change our passwords for our gaming safety and to protect players from having to go through this same mess. Was that earlier this year or late last year?

Good luck fixing that bold.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Superman0X

Superman0X
PostedJul 24, 2012 5:23 pm
Oberonu wrote:

Hey superman, this reminds me of when people's passwords and such were considered they 'could' be compromised on aeria so aeria games made it so that we all had to change our passwords for our gaming safety and to protect players from having to go through this same mess. Was that earlier this year or late last year?

February... and honestly, everyone should change their password every few months....

A.TiME

Rank 0
A.TiME
PostedJul 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Gamigo Account system intrusion

Superman0X wrote:
It appears that Gamigo has "detected an illegal intrusion into [its] gamigo account system." They are still working on the details... but this is a warning that if you have used the same username/password combination on Gamigo anywhere else... now is the time to change it.

News Link

--Update--
It looks like things have not gone well. You can find more details here.

Update 23 July 12

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/23/eight-million-gamigo-user-accounts-compromised/  

Thank you super for the warning

Sleep,let the world move on a day without you, let the world solve it's own problems just for 1 day without you & sleep well sweetie. Says "Me" IGN: MelonFruit,TronicStar.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedJul 25, 2012 5:32 am
They should, but easier said than done. I like the new password system they have in development that's showing great signs. It's where people play a mini game for a few minutes and the password is thrown in there, they just don't realize it. Then when they login via one minute of the minigame they typically get the password right without knowing it and hackers and such have a hard time stealing or getting the information.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Pimorez

Rank 4
Pimorez
PostedJul 25, 2012 7:14 am
Oberonu wrote:
They should, but easier said than done. I like the new password system they have in development that's showing great signs. It's where people play a mini game for a few minutes and the password is thrown in there, they just don't realize it. Then when they login via one minute of the minigame they typically get the password right without knowing it and hackers and such have a hard time stealing or getting the information.  

Sadly this will take a long while to be fully developed and ready for commercial use Sad

ghost107

Rank 3
ghost107
PostedJul 25, 2012 8:46 am
Superman0X wrote:
MeiuAngel wrote:
This thread is old. From March. I'm not entirely sure who necroed it or why, as there hasn't been a recurrence of the issue o-o  

The account/pw/email list was made public this week.  

In my opinion password is not a problem(they said the have the password encrypted), but the most difficult problem is the Email, since you can receive spam on your email with this.