torc123
PostedMar 01, 2012 4:45 pm
Neutral

consider.ez

Rank 4
consider.ez
PostedMar 01, 2012 5:01 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
So many game companies getting this sort of thing recently, I hope Aeria won't be targeted any time soon.  
It probably already was, that's why everyone had to change his Aeria password Rolling Eyes

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedMar 01, 2012 5:12 pm
Does AGE own Gamigo or something?

Lolol.

Wink

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedMar 01, 2012 5:31 pm
consider.ez wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:
So many game companies getting this sort of thing recently, I hope Aeria won't be targeted any time soon.  
It probably already was, that's why everyone had to change his Aeria password Rolling Eyes  

That did cross my mind, but I'd like to think Superman would be straight with us were that the case, rather than just randomly announcing a security update

<center></center>

consider.ez

Rank 4
consider.ez
PostedMar 01, 2012 8:36 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
consider.ez wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:

That did cross my mind, but I'd like to think Superman would be straight with us were that the case, rather than just randomly announcing a security update  

Well actually it wasn't so random:

We have information that there may have been illegal and unauthorized access to some of the Aeria Games accounts. We believe the unauthorized access was limited to user account names and the associated cryptographically scrambled
passwords
(not your actual password).  
Basically that CAN mean a leaked database with password hashes...maybe it was just badly worded, but I'm just saying...

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedMar 01, 2012 11:49 pm
consider.ez wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:
consider.ez wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:

Well actually it wasn't so random:

We have information that there may have been illegal and unauthorized access to some of the Aeria Games accounts. We believe the unauthorized access was limited to user account names and the associated cryptographically scrambled
passwords
(not your actual password).  
Basically that CAN mean a leaked database with password hashes...maybe it was just badly worded, but I'm just saying...  

It directly means a database was compromised. Doesn't seem like it was the main database. Or it would be all users/passwords.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMar 02, 2012 12:01 am
Interesting enough, it was recently announced that Gamigo's investment company is fixing to sell-off the Gamigo portal.....they are currently looking for buyers lol

http://www.deutsche-startups.de/2012/02/29/gamigo-springer-verkauf/

(info credit to a friend of mine)