JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedJul 20, 2012 8:47 am
sexymarcus69 wrote:
one thing i have always wondred...hunters can use dual axes..its fun to run up an mash on someone with axes when they get too close for bow...but im wondering why they were never given any skill set for it??

**** just even ONE skill? say wind spin? so they can pull off a close range aoe while being mobbed on by players OR monsters?

just wondering why oh why they have 0 skills for a weapon they can use?  

Unless things have massively changed since Ep4, or since Aes last did a guide update. They have 2 Melee Skills.

Both are pretty useless, although I think I've seeen 1 being used in PX 15 pvp, nevertheless they have 2 skills that require melee weapons

Advertisement

itchago

Rank 2
itchago
PostedJul 20, 2012 8:52 am
JamesGodden wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:
one thing i have always wondred...hunters can use dual axes..its fun to run up an mash on someone with axes when they get too close for bow...but im wondering why they were never given any skill set for it??

**** just even ONE skill? say wind spin? so they can pull off a close range aoe while being mobbed on by players OR monsters?

Unless things have massively changed since Ep4, or since Aes last did a guide update. They have 2 Melee Skills.

Both are pretty useless, although I think I've seeen 1 being used in PX 15 pvp, nevertheless they have 2 skills that require melee weapons  

We have sleeper ban and mana decay

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedJul 20, 2012 9:00 am
itchago wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:

We have sleeper ban and mana decay  

Those be the 2 I referred to yes Smile

kingstelliy

Rank 0
kingstelliy
PostedAug 01, 2012 5:10 pm
Fighters-fine
Healers-fine
Defenders- A-ok

Archers can't help much in parties. Trademark of their class though.

Then the mage issue I agree with.

virtualshogun

Rank 0
PostedAug 01, 2012 7:03 pm
Remove the stun disrupts for pagans and orcs - nothing more annoying then being in the middle of a party and even if the debuff dosen't hit you still got "brushed" with it and it causes your skill to lock you in mid air unable to move or finish the cast reguardless of weither or not you were hit.

Compleetly remove magic resistence from war guard gear if they dont have a skill to help against it ( magic skin ) or link it make them extreemly squishy to magic they are defense based attackers why put huge amounts of resist into the bases of their gear ?

that would do two things 1) actually make orcs needed against magic mobs and wars / fighters would either link alot of resist or fear running across a magic user as it stands now wars / fighters take one look at magic users and dont fear the magic class heck most target them thinking easy kill, you strip all resist from their gear that isnt put there by them they would have to watch their backs in pvp and grinding once again.

yes the higher gear should be "better" in steps by why give a warrior 1k resist built into just gear out of the box, just put your gear on and boom magic dosent effect you dont believe me look at the bigger gear it comes with high resist / defense. no offense age but the gear itself is helping to cause a imbalance.

used to be hunters and sins had about even resist / defense orcs / pagans higher resist lower defense wars higher defense lower resist now looking at the upper gear the bases alone are nuts

And people wonder why warriors dont even pause to consider magic users when the high end gear is what 1k resist just off stock gear im sure if it was the point to make wars the end game toon to be then they got the desired effect while ignoreing the other classes,

The one thing that amuses me to no end is seeing a warrior not a tank tanking where the "tank" cannot to explain this a "pure tank not a battle guard" cannot tank the same mobs as a warrior theres definately a problem with this picture, but more and more warriors are takeing the roles of guards they should be good against physical damage mobs but extreemly weak against magic mobs.

IMHO-

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedAug 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Talk to tactics: Game/class balance

Talk to tactics: Game/class balance
plz the Fix magic resist also give back our long rang casting spells mage's/preist are not close combat classes dont why wind storm and some other skill for our class was chnaged to close rang but should be made back o long rang agine long time player since closed bate

kingstelliy

Rank 0
kingstelliy
PostedAug 02, 2012 7:08 pm
virtualshogun wrote:
Remove the stun disrupts for pagans and orcs - nothing more annoying then being in the middle of a party and even if the debuff dosen't hit you still got "brushed" with it and it causes your skill to lock you in mid air unable to move or finish the cast reguardless of weither or not you were hit.

Compleetly remove magic resistence from war guard gear if they dont have a skill to help against it ( magic skin ) or link it make them extreemly squishy to magic they are defense based attackers why put huge amounts of resist into the bases of their gear ?

that would do two things 1) actually make orcs needed against magic mobs and wars / fighters would either link alot of resist or fear running across a magic user as it stands now wars / fighters take one look at magic users and dont fear the magic class heck most target them thinking easy kill, you strip all resist from their gear that isnt put there by them they would have to watch their backs in pvp and grinding once again.

yes the higher gear should be "better" in steps by why give a warrior 1k resist built into just gear out of the box, just put your gear on and boom magic dosent effect you dont believe me look at the bigger gear it comes with high resist / defense. no offense age but the gear itself is helping to cause a imbalance.

used to be hunters and sins had about even resist / defense orcs / pagans higher resist lower defense wars higher defense lower resist now looking at the upper gear the bases alone are nuts

And people wonder why warriors dont even pause to consider magic users when the high end gear is what 1k resist just off stock gear im sure if it was the point to make wars the end game toon to be then they got the desired effect while ignoreing the other classes,

The one thing that amuses me to no end is seeing a warrior not a tank tanking where the "tank" cannot to explain this a "pure tank not a battle guard" cannot tank the same mobs as a warrior theres definately a problem with this picture, but more and more warriors are takeing the roles of guards they should be good against physical damage mobs but extreemly weak against magic mobs.

IMHO-  

If you take it all away it leaves people too vulnerable for the people running well over 500 int giving too much power to the mages/pagans. Cutting it down a bit is feasible. and it isn't 1k resist off stock its around 300 base on 70 gear, with around another 375-500 if you put quite a bit of magic resist in your gear (wit7/6/5 + other forms). Base on gear its not a lot, but when you double it it turns out to be quite a bit.

And your last paragraph of argument holds nothing. The Guards/warriors and fighters/defenders get the exact same gear. More warriors/fighters can tank the higher spots, its true, but guards/defenders are still the better tanking class due to defensive skills. Some warriors/fighters are just overall better geared making them the better tank in that instance.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedAug 02, 2012 10:49 pm
If you take the cast times away this class would be comparable with other classes... atm you can't even compare because it sucks...

Masuyuu

Rank 4
Masuyuu
PostedAug 03, 2012 6:59 am
splasher__ wrote:
If you take the cast times away this class would be comparable with other classes... atm you can't even compare because it sucks...  

Then the fix is simple.... add cast times to the more powerful Warrior/Hunter skills! O.O

Qxygen

Rank 1
PostedAug 03, 2012 7:25 am
Cast times are there for a reason - to balance skills. If there were no cast times, why would anyone use the weaker skills? You could just spam fireball or flame choir or whatever.

There are better ways to buff the Mage class, by giving them new, diverse skills. (And of course fixing magic resist but enough has been said about that)

For example, Mages only get 3 DoTs (correct me if I am wrong) -
Sustain Doom: It's a pretty good skill, rather extensive use of MP, but that's not too big a deal - a priest can dispel it though so it rarely lasts for it's full cycle.
Meteor Storm:This simply sucks in every way. I mean, a 2 second cast time, average damage, and the DoT is simply pathetic.
Flame Shock:Yeah, the DoT is great, it's instant cast, has a slightly lower range than other skills but meh that's no big deal, but it's UM only. Obviously, UMs should get more skills, but this is the ONLY useful DoT (imo).

This is just a small example, but there are far too many outdated skills. Since players can now achieve tens of thousands of HP, can link more and more stats with each new addition of content, and so many other classes have had their skills buffed (fighters/warriors have Rising Uppercut, I really hate this skill - it's basically just a sheer damage boost - completely spammable, with a debuff; makes no sense to me how this isn't considered OP).

I could go on, but you get the picture.