Treica17M

Rank 0
PostedFeb 29, 2012 1:07 am

new Player Retenton

story line .
I am sorry my spelling is not that good . i have a spelling of 4th grade level but my ready and comperhencen is at 3rd year cologe level , last tested . so im sorry for the spelling please for give me but this is what im doing and my ideas that might help you . and the book im writing is fully edited and im useing dragon natraly speeking to write it . so most spelling is not an issue with it . ( i dont know if I will brake any of your rules but its my honest report i can give you ) all your problem that the game is having the fixes are all ready there just do a mod change so some and we can have a fun game in this new eara . of players .

HI my name is Thersa i have not talk to GM's about this yet but your quest dont mach up . but i am writing a book about shaiya and an elf's advencers ( please dont steal my ideas and my pages are dated )
first =
how i can tie all the quest togeather. and all the toons in to one person . I start as a elf mage and in my stroy line is of growing up in the elven city in map 1 .

we learn in schools about your first story line of one diaty dies and two females diatys emerge with the new races. and in my story like the waist of the city's go to feed the creachers of CR and CL ect . dungions .

how the statue of the goddess that you see when you are resericted spinnes there in one of the rooms whas the great richoul that inables the lower life forms = EM , NM , Hm . to be auto resereicted and how you strive to be a um for the graetest form to be in the goddess personal army .

and my elf mage i next wanted to play a prist that is a human the goddess only has human priest so if a elf want to be a priest that elf is given a madlin of priest hood that changes the body from elf to human . when the madlin is removed then the elf reverts back to nomal agan so to change toons is like changing outfits . all the race classes have some item to change races with .

and from the old world there are great generators where ancent war basses use to be and they are barried far under ground form the first world battles. and these generators are what create the large spown areas of mobs that we kill . and if we dont kill them down then they build up in numbers and can take over a map over time so the lower the number of mob the faster the generator works and its still tring to defiend its ancent fort form invaders that have long sences died .

i have it all layed out and im in the poses of writng a book about it . These are just a few exsamples that i have come up with .

ill give you a few other ideas on who it ties togeather - i all ready have theses so i know it can be done

why is there guilds

how and why we got gate keepers

why and how a merchenter stands there and you dont have to shop in a store you just stell them the item you want and they had it to you

why the dungions are there and how with out them the service dwellers will not sastain a modern as they see it life style

how and why if one fracton one over the other both goddess will die

what under ground attemps are being done to end the war between the fractons

the war between the guilds and why

why is it sad that a guild = dies

the birth of a new family = guild and how it efiect the town they came from

you see that every quest you have can betied in to a story line . the quest are all ready there you just need to make it fun for people to want to know what happend next . i see is you need just to add a few non quest talk to the npc and snap all the quest can be in to one big stroy line . i have already done it . just not all down on paper yet .

this will help and get like harlaquen book readers to want to keep playing ( i know this cause my girl friends that read them book and advencer book come over so she what i have wrote next . but yes the quest need to befixed so when you need to kill a mob it has the right name to bekilled

second = behaver im a guild leader of one of the great houses ( or at lest i think great hit rank 4 one time and rank 5 six times and have a populations of active over 180 players and semi active of 230 and sleepers of partal active of 310 . and sleepers of barly active of 800 + )
and i chart about every thing that goes on with my family. this is my current house hold in my guild . these number are im going to be telling you are based over a 2 year peired . some of them did not quit the game but quit my family for my guild is a pour guild and we struggle for every thing we get is a fight for it . but most of them left for perivet sevfers and few have come back . i have told you some of this in tickets for help to the gm's <-- only auto respons back .

lost over 1800 players that have quit the game for reasons of over pricieng

Lost over 300 players for them buyeing app armor and wepons in tear events - to be uber and by the time they finly get there you came out with new armor . so they seem to think whats the point .

lost over 700 female players for resons of being treated like crap and out right meen mostly they felt form players that there coulture does not alow females to have expertion of voice or actions . this i do have experence in but not to that extream . ( i think its just meen people and there is nothing a girl can do to stop it ) .

like to day i has an ex guilie . that be came a guld leader bashing my curreint guildies for over a half hour and i was not even there . so i went on trade to ask for a gs help and emedelty the ex guildie statred makeing it my falt . so i was allready defening my self just to ask for help . and the gs on line was attemting to handle the sutcuation but getting us both in trouble . i quit but the ex guilde now guild leader kept on about it and i had to defend my self again and then the GM that was on line asked us not to be in trade and i was quite then no mater what was sayed to be a good girl . and the ex-guidies starts talking to the gm and to me acts like he gets rewarded for his acttion against me and my guild . im like realy . and just go about my bussness made and ex-guildies thanks he is king of the s--- for sucking up and making him self look good . ( this has happend to me more than once with several players ) and my guildie that takes a bashing 30 mints quits the game for no reason im talking about a new player that was under level 30 and over level 25 and like most my guild wares gear dropped by mobs. and this was a vetern player over 3 years and on a level 70 toon with sonic's how can this toon bother him and ever even known him was an ex-guildie of was removed all most a year a go.

just out right meen people that seem to get rewored for bad behaver. ( told you this couse its one of the reasons we are loseing players if it broke some of your rules im sorry i did not point fingers just stated what happend for an sample of how new player see things ) is there a fix will ss's dont work it seems very will .

( the only way i see how this can befixed with out favertiem . is brake up the gs's and have them guild hop and let them learn not help out, but learn the other guild players and read there guild chats and see with there own eye's what is realy going on and have them guild rotate and not have a set guild to be in ). <-- maybe less fun for them but its a answer for the problem and might get raid of the meen players for then they might be seen for what they are.

third - most pour players never get past the level of 50 befor they quit

Lost 200 players for this reason

salustion - in increas gold drops maybe will help but that is not the answer only at most by 10 % like i read earlyer a starting gold coffier for all new toons of 10 mill . seem high to me new toons dont need to buy much . a quest for gold seem more likely to me for one bill or 100K a shot that is a repeatable quist . and for me you already have one set up for it just a quick modification and again pow your done . the etin quiest its hard yes and not many do it if at all that i know of, but at the end of it give the player a choce gold or etin . maybe a gm idea of equevlent value of the etin . then at lest a pour player can gain large amout of gold if he repeteid the quist over and over .

this is not a number issue but one that you have do deal with as a company and game--- and one i dont beleave in and dont do ( gold spaming = what an anoinices sence im wrting this sould be in other area so ill perbley write it a gain ) but it all so efect new players

players that got band for eligal gold = 2 and both under one year
they see the spaming and think its ok to do it. one of them was reproted my me to gs .

saluston -- just start selling the gold your self - ( seems no brainer ) it well shut the spamers down if you can buy gold on the item mall . ( expeament with this first make sure its a no brainer by making a random box . = gold box rear one bill and easy 50K and app cost like 500 point and see the hits you get on it . if a lot and you can see if the revenue is good the do your own gold sell . and if you cant block them then get there money by under cuting them . when the go a way then go back to the random box . gold thing . and keep the cash in the company . and not in the hands of hackers . ( dis likes hakers they take a way a persons hard work )

forth- this is a tuchy one so bear with me ( favertism between darks and lights ) why am i bring this up here for new players.

i have lost 80 players to the dark side . becouse of older players compaining they feal they should play the darks then and get the added faver

salustion-- i realy have little facts that there is favertism between them but , in VR our mobs at level 70 are all green . and in PR at level 70 they have yellows . so to me the players in PR can level faster than the players in VR. is that favertism dont know is there mobs in VR that are yellow . i have never seen any . but there can be, just check the colors and make sure its fair on all maps . then that complaint can go a way . ( that issue is long and winnie been there sence i started playing )

ok im tired of writing and im sure your tired of reading my bad spelling . i have 100's more and this letter will never end so im calling it a # 4 issue of new players i have over 12 of them with salutions . so if you want to here more please get a hold of me with your quetions love to help im sure you can find me with the tickiets i have sent in.
love you guys for all your hard work . and doing your best for what work your aloud to do .
and your time and efferts you have put in . Love ya

always Theresa
Advertisement

sxty9

Rank 2
sxty9
PostedFeb 29, 2012 1:34 am
Level Cap
Level Cap
Level Cap

Give the new players the culture that formerly built the relationships and friendships that have carried many through this game for so many years.
The interaction of the player community is completely unique in this game, USE THAT!
Cost of game is atrocious, not going to address that at this time, but if you get players who come to play because of the people in the game, they will stay!

Events
Give the low level people something to break up the monotony of the grind, give them a reason to want to be present in the game rather than tagged afk, this also grows the culture of the game and the small prizes are a minuscule loss of income to AGE, but greatly appreciated income for the low level players

Guides
Not written ones, but people in game. Shaiya is a rather confusing game at the outset and having someone go over some of the basics like class builds, maps, areas and the items, armor etc, explaining that there is a Wiki avail for many of their questions and explaining the forums and the layout of them and the information for them there.

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedFeb 29, 2012 5:13 am
sxty9 wrote:
Level Cap
Level Cap
Level Cap  

I normally don't do this, but +1.

Players need to be able to party with their peers and grow/learn the game together rather than being sped through without even knowing how to swing their weapon.

Enchant Cap in PvP. 1-15 is the first PvP encounter you get. It used to be okay and survivable/balanced back in episode 2 when I started playing, well into episode 3. However, enchants have made it a spender-only steamroll for new players. Once they reach that zone it scares the pants off them and they quit, highly discouraged that they have no way of ever being able to compete so early on in the game.

Sig by TenshiMari<3

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 29, 2012 5:24 am
Reduce AP dependency (see other thread)
2 or 3 ideas spring to mind here, might need CR/Nex help but that isn’t a good enough excuse any more.

PvE:
Increase Exp gained in all maps by a further 20%, Grindiing is dull, to counter balance that…
Bring back the level cap on parties to start nerfing at =/-7 levels, to give 0 exp at +/-10 levels.
Cap dungeons appropriately at the top and bottom.
Make VR/PR a 60+ map, sub 60s have a LOT of maps they can go and grind on

PvP:
As Enchants are there now and the option to remove and reimburse the players isn’t a particularly viable option, nerfing through code isn’t though (see other posts as well for why)

1-15:
Reduce the Armor Enchant [#] from +5 Damage Abs to +2 Damage abs,
Reduce the Weapon Enchant initial point from +7 with +3 incremental increases for each [#3] added, to +3 with a +1 incremental increase for each [#3]
Kill Cap the zone at 25000 Kills after which kill credits cease to be credited, which is hardly new territory, from here
Restrictions
• Difficulty modes may limit the rank a player can reach.
• The level a player is can limit the rank a player can reach.
• A player may only gain 2,000 kill points per day.
• A player will not gain kill points when defeating another player that is 10 levels greater or lower than themselves.
The 2nd of that list should be implemented post-haste
To balance those nerfings, Let people Gain their rank stats @ 15,

20-30:
Reduce the Armor Enchant [#] from +5 Damage Abs to +3 Damage abs,
Reduce the Weapon Enchant initial point from +7 with +3 incremental increases for each [#3] added, to +5 with a +2 incremental increase for each [#3]
Kill Cap the zone at 50000 Kills after which kill credits cease to be credited, which is hardly new territory, from here
Restrictions
• A player will not gain kill points when defeating another player that is 10 levels greater or lower than themselves.

1-60: (Goddess)
Either:-
Un-restrict the zone and let it be as designed (It’s a 1-70 Map………)

Or:-

Reduce the Armor Enchant [#] from +5 Damage Abs to +4 Damage abs,
Reduce the Weapon Enchant initial point from +7 with +3 incremental increases for each [#3] added, to +7 with a +2 incremental increase for each [#3]

Kill Cap the zone at 70000 Kills after which kill credits cease to be credited, which is hardly new territory, from here

Restrictions

1-70:
Restrictions

The 4th of that list should be implemented post-haste. Also see my other posts.

vocaltrance101

Rank 1
PostedFeb 29, 2012 5:34 am
Yea I have 15 toon with good enchanted gear and the zone is dead most of the time. We killed it yea.

So, I say take the hit and remove all enchants above lv5 from evryone without warnign.

People (and me) paid ? People gonna leave? Well we had some fun for the time we had big enchants and that time is over.
Maybe just unlatterally give 1 op per encant over lv5.

We can still enchant to 5 which is still going to give us advantage.

Enchant 5 will be somethign more ppl will aim for and aeria still make a little money.
Rec runes will still sell but wont distort like 18 encanted gear.
Then ppl keep buying noz, maybe more. Oh how good it is to kill nozzers !

Oh and remove the guards on the hill above 15 fury camp. I remember fantastic pvp there
in ep3...now its dead. If similar light spot then do that too.

That 15 relic shoudl drop something useful...how about rec rune ???

Eh please put back 15 mage aoe skill that got remvoed in Ep4.

---

And we need find way of stopping Faction camping VR/PR Temp basis for like 12 hours straight, its killing game.
I think there should be times when opposing factions cant invade, eh how about when OI is on?
This would allow grinders to grind and force pvpers into pvp zone.

Making the ubers easier to kill and/or making kills under 10 lvls below not count like we thought was going to happen in ep4, will also help.

-----

Economy...well yes of course...
Issue is in-game earned gold worthless.
Re-set with take 0 off all inventory gold, convert gold bars to silver.
Make gold sink like selling ops for gold (high price).
Stop re-seller on AH by stopping stuff being resold within 7 days.

pugnera

Rank 1
pugnera
PostedFeb 29, 2012 5:54 am
JamesGodden wrote:

Doing that way would essentially kill a zone and force everyone to play 70 pvp. 70s already have a lot of maps to pvp into; if the problem is their size, it'd be better to make another one with the same size as Goddess but 61-70.

In short: leave Goddess map as it is. (could do with some actual Goddess battles once in a while, since that is its purpose.... just sayin.)

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 29, 2012 6:16 am
pugnera wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:

Doing that way would essentially kill a zone and force everyone to play 70 pvp. 70s already have a lot of maps to pvp into; if the problem is their size, it'd be better to make another one with the same size as Goddess but 61-70.

In short: leave Goddess map as it is. (could do with some actual Goddess battles once in a while, since that is its purpose.... just sayin.)  

it's purpose is also to be a 70 map (there is no level restriction on the gate-keeper) just saying

one of the issues with the game imo atm is there are too many maps and too many zones for PvP, which dilutes the already lower than before populations.

These threads are for ideas good/bad/ugly/indifferent, it'd be best to not argue about specific ideas thrown into them, (I could pick holes in nearly every idea presented especailly my own), better to let the GMs reduce the lists down to what is critical, urgent, important, relevant and achieveable

Warlordnyor

Rank 0
Warlordnyor
PostedFeb 29, 2012 6:46 am
My few penny's.
I keep remembering ti being said Shaiya was a PvP based game, hence why the crafting system wasn't ever finshed and so on. Yet as has been said, 1-15 is the first PvP zone you come across and its scary for new players. Wander in, WHAP and your 1 hitted with ease.

thats what puts alot of players off, I myself never use the zone. If I didn't have a high level toon I would of quit probably.
Its been said before, make another 1-15 zone with enchant and lapis caps on it. I *imagine* it shouldn't be that hard: the map is there, and you already have codes to prevent levels, so why not enchants?

Even better, make one with a portal that allows through no items or gear at all, except gold your carrying. NPCs inside sell you armour and potions as normal, maybe a noss merchant. New players can pvp happily, and I imagine ALOT of older players would also love this, as it would actually put builds skills and tactics back into PvP, rather than wallets. Whilst this would help I imagine, I do recognise it would be harder to do and take a longer time to implement if at all.
There would always be people in the old 1-15 zone, so that avenue of revenue would remain.

IwannaQQtoo

Rank 0
PostedFeb 29, 2012 6:51 am
JamesGodden wrote:
Reduce AP dependency (see other thread)
2 or 3 ideas spring to mind here, might need CR/Nex help but that isn’t a good enough excuse any more.

PvE:
Increase Exp gained in all maps by a further 20%, Grindiing is dull, to counter balance that…
Bring back the level cap on parties to start nerfing at =/-7 levels, to give 0 exp at +/-10 levels.
Cap dungeons appropriately at the top and bottom.
Make VR/PR a 60+ map, sub 60s have a LOT of maps they can go and grind on

PvP:
As Enchants are there now and the option to remove and reimburse the players isn’t a particularly viable option, nerfing through code isn’t though (see other posts as well for why)

1-15:
Reduce the Armor Enchant [#] from +5 Damage Abs to +2 Damage abs,
Reduce the Weapon Enchant initial point from +7 with +3 incremental increases for each [#3] added, to +3 with a +1 incremental increase for each [#3]
Kill Cap the zone at 25000 Kills after which kill credits cease to be credited, which is hardly new territory, from here
Restrictions
To balance those nerfings, Let people Gain their rank stats @ 15,

20-30:
Reduce the Armor Enchant [#] from +5 Damage Abs to +3 Damage abs,
Reduce the Weapon Enchant initial point from +7 with +3 incremental increases for each [#3] added, to +5 with a +2 incremental increase for each [#3]
Kill Cap the zone at 50000 Kills after which kill credits cease to be credited, which is hardly new territory, from here
Restrictions

Or:-

Reduce the Armor Enchant [#] from +5 Damage Abs to +4 Damage abs,
Reduce the Weapon Enchant initial point from +7 with +3 incremental increases for each [#3] added, to +7 with a +2 incremental increase for each [#3]

Kill Cap the zone at 70000 Kills after which kill credits cease to be credited, which is hardly new territory, from here

Restrictions

1-70:
Restrictions

Totally agree although half the n00bs in pvp would quit ... take 3k for example ... VR is their home away from AH Laughing

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 29, 2012 7:00 am
IwannaQQtoo wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:
A player will not gain kill points when defeating another player that is 10 levels greater or lower than themselves.[/size]

Totally agree although half the n00bs in pvp would quit ... take 3k for example ... VR is their home away from AH Laughing  

Except if you implemented everything I've mentioned throughout these 5 threads, it'd make no difference as VR/PR would be for lvl60+ only too, 70-60 = 10 would probably still count