100%1
0%0
Total Votes :: 1

babybluelas

Rank 2
babybluelas
PostedMar 12, 2012 6:53 pm
I have a few ideas here for drops and rates that may assist both new and old players. These are just things that popped into my head, so feel free to pick and choose from them, but they are things I see that can help the game drops wise.

Map 1

1. Increase gold drop rates here. New players get discouraged because they see items for sale for billions, and yet by the time they hit lvl 15, they're extremely lucky if they've made 4 million in gold. No where near what is needed to even buy one piece of gear for 1-15 pvp.

2. Increase the chance for noble oj'd gears lvl 1-20 to drop from all mobs on the map, not just in CR. I remember when I started, it was possible to get these gears from any mob, not just in the dungeon, now the only place you see them is in the dungeon, and even then, it's rare.

3. Place a boss (such as a weaker Graveguard Loca or something) in 1-15 that spawns every 1 - 4 hours randomly that drops worship 1-15 gears. This will let the gear drop in game, and bring pvp back to the zone as players compete for the drops.

Map 2

1. Institute the Vanity gear quests for gears such as BluMetal, Spring, etc... (lvl 22 quest gears) this does give a player an option with pvp for the 20 - 30 zone that cannot afford to get heroics / dreads. This also brings a quest line into the area and gives players something new to do.

2. Increase gold drop rates here. Same reason as map 1.

3. Add level 1 linking hammers to the drop tables for 20 - 30 pvp, as this will increase pvp in these areas as people are trying to farm. These hammers provide a relatively low linking percentage increase, however for new players, will help them link some lapis into their gears, and even entice them to purchase AP later for higher level hammers.

Map 3

1. Add items to the drop table here. Possibly short capes, masks, random heroic gears for level 37+. This map is virtually useless here as most people don't even visit it anymore.

2. Institute the vanity gear quest (Jewel, Ive, etc...) which will give people more quests for this area as well as the drive to actually spend more than five minutes on this map to complete their epic quest.

3. Increase the drop rates on the blue named lvl 55 rings / loops / amulets to what they were originally. I remember when you could get one these items in a matter of hours by grinding. Now, you rarely see them, and I'm not sure if it's because rarely anyone goes there, or if it's just because they're not dropping. I know when I was there grinding I never got one in several hours.

4. Increase gold drop rates here. Same as earlier.

Map 4

1. Add Valentines day rings / loops to the drop tables here as a low drop rate item, or something similar.

2. Add military caps here as a low drop rate item, which will bring farmers true, but perhaps increase the number of parties in this area.

3. Add a type of non-tradeable res rune to the drop tables, perhaps something like the "Small Res Rune" that used to be obtained by purchasing the Shaiya Package back in the day. However make it non-tradeable. This would let people farm runes for their own account only. You have to click when you die, so UM's would still need the AP res runes, in case of a DC, and if they didn't have one, they would still have to purchase a Character revival.

Karis / Raigo maps

1. POSSIBLY add fortune bags / coins (old item used back in ep1 and ep2 as prizes, gave the person a random amount of gold when sold to an NPC) to the drop tables, bringing pvp back to these areas as farmers are here trying to get gold. The amount of gold could be anything from 700 gold to 70,000,000 depending on the level of the bag / coin. This could be used as a way of fixing the economy, as well. Would need more long term research though before implementation.

Jungle / DD1 / DD2

1. Increase the drop rates for duals.

2. Add the same duals that drop in dd1 to dd2 as well as the accessory lapis.

3. Increase the drop rates for 55 - 60 gears (Daynorth, Ophiston, etc...) as it's near impossible to find pants for these gears as is now. It provides players with an alternative to Goddess 53 gears.

4. Add Daynorth / Ophiston etc... helms back into the drop tables, as these are nowhere to be found, and would provide players with a chance to get a slotted helm.

VR / PR

1. Increase the drop rates for 65+ gears back to what they were, as I've spent 15 levels in there on one character, and 5 so far on another character, and so far, I've gotten one lvl 62 weapon as a drop. ( and when I'm there, I'm there for 6 hours or more usually grinding).

KI

1. Add lvl 7 stat lapis to the drop tables.

2. Add / increase rates lvl 65+ gear (Decoris, Vallum, Secor) to the drop tables and weapons.

For ALL relics:

1. Add the chance to get a cape (low drop rate) or random mask / helm. This will bring more people fighting for the relics again, and bring pvp back to pvp areas.

2. Add a random AP item to the drop table instead of just the holy water potions. For example, a random level 3 HP MP SP or remedy kinda thing... something stronger than the lvl 1 potions you can get via the free rewards box.

3. Add the chance to get a random level lapis 1 - 7 from the alter. For example, a lvl 15 character that kills the altar in 1 - 15 might get a lvl 7 lapis one time, and then a lvl 1 the next, or etc...

FOR ALL PVP AREAS:

1. Add various noss'es to the drop tables for these maps, such as the clean hit XT, KO Noss, etc... as a low drop rate item.

Advertisement

billdoor

Rank 5
billdoor
PostedMar 13, 2012 4:03 pm
Given that the current enchantment placeholders will be made valid only from 6 and up, unless there will be something to help you get from 5 to 6 more easily, you need to review the drop rates and places of certain enchantment items. Dragonite stones being one. They and many others are rare enough as they are. I am pretty sure you still want to make money off enchantments - making certain enchantment items more available ingame will enable more people to look to buy enchantment promos from you. Do NOT fleece them further by making these enchantment items AP 'bonus' items instead to allieviate the lack of them dropping ingame.

esamgha

Rank 1
PostedMar 13, 2012 5:10 pm

The Proposal:
THE SIMPLE PROPOSAL:
Add dual lapis and level 5 & 6 lapis to the drop tables of regular mobs in PvP zones: Prolium, Canta, D-Water.

THE RATIONAL:
This will not only help farmers and non-AP buyers, but it will help revitalize dead PvP zones. Right now so many toons farm in OI and Stigma. But if you add useful lapis drops to dead PvP zones, some of the "instance" farmers will try their luck in PvP zones, giving you a more healthy food chain/web of:

uber PvPers ---> semi uber PvPers ---> regular PvPers ----> lapis farmers ---> mobs in PvP zones that drop useful lapis

Though not altogether necessary, you can stratify lapis drops by zone if desired, for example:
Prolium drops duals
Canta drops level 5s
D-Water drops level 6s
Jungle drops duals (unchanged)
Desert drops accessories (unchanged)
PR/VR drops box quest items (unchanged)

If you stratify in this way, more players will be tempted to farm in D-Water than Canta than Prolium because 6s are more valuable than 5s than duals. You don't necessarily have to close OI or Stigma, although if you do the flood of farmers to PvP zones might be even more pronounced. But if you close OI or Stigma, some might complain because they have a hard time out competing others for lapis-dropping mobs.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

The Proposal:
esamgha wrote:
THE SIMPLE PROPOSAL:
Add dual lapis and level 5 & 6 lapis to the drop tables of regular mobs in PvP zones: Prolium, Canta, D-Water.

THE RATIONAL:
This will not only help farmers and non-AP buyers, but it will help revitalize dead PvP zones. Right now so many toons farm in OI and Stigma. But if you add useful lapis drops to dead PvP zones, some of the "instance" farmers will try their luck in PvP zones, giving you a more healthy food chain/web of:

uber PvPers ---> semi uber PvPers ---> regular PvPers ----> lapis farmers ---> mobs in PvP zones that drop useful lapis

Though not altogether necessary, you can stratify lapis drops by zone if desired, for example:
Prolium drops duals
Canta drops level 5s
D-Water drops level 6s
Jungle drops duals (unchanged)
Desert drops accessories (unchanged)
PR/VR drops box quest items (unchanged)

If you stratify in this way, more players will be tempted to farm in D-Water than Canta than Prolium because 6s are more valuable than 5s than duals. You don't necessarily have to close OI or Stigma, although if you do the flood of farmers to PvP zones might be even more pronounced. But if you close OI or Stigma, some might complain because they have a hard time out competing others for lapis-dropping mobs.  
^

jjlong21

Rank 2
jjlong21
PostedMar 14, 2012 6:51 pm
this could be a stretch but revamp oi for 7s harder bosses take 6s make a second dungeon for the lvl 5 caves i know fury has a inactive portal at the end of ours you could link the lvl 6 dungeon to make it where u got to take out all the bosses in lvl 1 to get to lvl 2 to farm 6s leave it instanced also as 6s are not the top lapis let 7s drop from oi and introduce a fr from oi that has 1-6 slots as a rare drop i know alot will say no to that but the fact is with the new lapis in game you can hit max attack speed easily so make the new flash rings actually hold some worth againthis would increase the farming ability for 70s lvl 7s and a new ring and maybe some other amps could be added like dual 5s from boss and mobs more so then a 7 drop.

AND EDIT

do a gold wipe yes a gold wipe and gold bar wipe seriously yes some will get mad and some will say ops are currency yes ops are the currency that wont change but the price of a op to sell for gold will thats all that matters decrease the gold in game or just 1/10th it if there is no money in game things will be forced down price wise or institute a ap merch in game selling name changes *** changes stat changes skill changes and a few minor ap items that really wont affect the game to the extent of the Apocalypse of money inflow for aeria and add a non trade tag to the items sold and if that is so maybe regular res runes so many UMs die everyday because the player wants um but cannot afford it and thinks they will take extra caution with it and works till that one afk orc or one mucked up spawn or other faction invading but if ap merch was put in game id have to insist on a non trade tag on the items from it if your buying it dont resell use them its what they are for right

night_24light

Rank 0
PostedMar 14, 2012 7:48 pm
jjlong21 wrote:

.... do a gold wipe yes a gold wipe and gold bar wipe seriously .....  

i'm not sure what do you mean with thet but i think is not faier for players thet hardly farm and safe gold to buy op's or some others ap items , to wipe theier gold.
but will be nice an improve and more control against sick gold..i see all days seller gold spammer in AH , and it will be nice if AG could realy stop thet forever

Anway it will be nice to have an instance ( like OI is) where lvl 70 or in future lvl 80 players could farm lv 7 lapis and not boxes lapis.

lxbryant1983

Rank 3
lxbryant1983
PostedMar 14, 2012 8:03 pm
night_24light wrote:
jjlong21 wrote:

.... do a gold wipe yes a gold wipe and gold bar wipe seriously .....  

i'm not sure what do you mean with thet but i think is not faier for players thet hardly farm and safe gold to buy op's or some others ap items , to wipe theier gold.
but will be nice an improve and more control against sick gold..i see all days seller gold spammer in AH , and it will be nice if AG could realy stop thet forever

Anway it will be nice to have an instance ( like OI is) where lvl 70 or in future lvl 80 players could farm lv 7 lapis and not boxes lapis.  

if a wipe is done, and i agree one needs to be in order to get things on track, it needs to only be of all gold bars. With the trillions on gold bars gone (most from gold and bars left over from the dupping that happend a few years ago) then the gold on ppls toons will become the new standards in currency. With every1 having 4 bil gold max on each toon that means that prices will get back to what they were when i first started this game 4 years ago.

The dupped gold that was stacked in bars over 10 were wiped from game a few years ago but that did nothing to remove the trillions that were already in circulation as lose gold up to 4 bil and it also did nothing to remove the dupped gold that was stacked less than 10 bars. If u take a stacked dupped bars of gold thats 225 high and delete all but 10 thats still billions of gold that stays in the end that shouldnt have been there to begin with. I have about 6 stacks of 10 gold bars atm and the rest of my holdings are in ops. If you were to get rid of all of my gold bars and leave me with only a few bil in gold on each of my toons i would be happy. I would be happy cause that means the game is actually set to improve now instead of continue this endless spiral downwards.

No1 would actually leave over this act since in truth ur not getting rid of any1s real wealth. All your doing is readjusting the wealth so that inflation is gone. the gold ppl have will reset the new standard pricing on items from a lower gold standpoint is all

lxbryant1983

Rank 3
lxbryant1983
PostedMar 14, 2012 8:16 pm
To get pvp back going strong the easiest and best choice is to place mini bosses into the zones that drop the uber items for thos zones like worship in 15 and dreads in 30. The gear should stop being sold for AP so as to actaully do something good for the game (since its a pvp game for **** sake) and allow somehting of value that you can only get if u go into the freaking zone and pvp for it.

To make this succesful a few things would need to be done first

-The Boss would have to be tough enough to force a raid of more than 20 ppl to form in order to take it down or else 1 uber geared person would stroll in nossed and farm it

-The raids would have to have the loot only be set to random while in those zones or else one uber person or guild would always reap the rewards so the results wouldnt matter to increase actual pvp in the zones

-The boss would have to be a random spawn that could happen in random spots in the open map over the course of 1-5 hours or so. If you know when it will spawm then u will only come at those times. If its random and can spawn within a hour of its death or up to 5 hours of its death there will be constant action in the zone during those times

-The boss should have only a 5% chance or so of dropping rare gear. Most of the time it should drop things like ele boxes or mounts or junk like that. The gear will get into the zone in a healthy way that is helpful to the longevity of the game but not flood in and kill the values of the items so fast that farming the bosses for them becomes worthless

Judes

Rank 3
Judes
PostedMar 16, 2012 2:42 pm
Why bother with a boss for drops then, with all the rules you attached to the raids that are IMPOSSIBLE to control.

Simple answer is all the mobs randomly drop gear, or whatever is desired.
Then you have raids or parties in their farming all the time, not just when bosses spawn. More pvp, more gear, more fun... win win.

I'd say this would apply to all zones, including SC, CS, Kimu, KI mobs too. Not just the lower zones.
We all know how this works. We have boss raids, many join till boss is down , then everyone disappears. PVP dies.

Better to have 24/7 incentives, not only new boss spawns added. Not to mention that it's way easier to add something to drop tables, than to wait months for devs to add new bosses to low level zones.
Just sayin' make it simple, and it will happen sooner.

~"No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character." Ralph Waldo Emerson~

BigFatsexyy

Rank 0
PostedMar 17, 2012 9:57 am

more drops

more drops
boss drops need be changed for all bosses in game. they are almost all obsolete and not worth farming. they also should be respawned faster than they are now.

More areas to farm would be nice too.More drops in the farming areas would be nice also. the solo farmers options in this game are a joke. the only place worth farming u need a party to join and theres a time limit on it(OI). grrrr