I have a few ideas here for drops and rates that may assist both new and old players. These are just things that popped into my head, so feel free to pick and choose from them, but they are things I see that can help the game drops wise.
1. Increase gold drop rates here. New players get discouraged because they see items for sale for billions, and yet by the time they hit lvl 15, they're extremely lucky if they've made 4 million in gold. No where near what is needed to even buy one piece of gear for 1-15 pvp.
2. Increase the chance for noble oj'd gears lvl 1-20 to drop from all mobs on the map, not just in CR. I remember when I started, it was possible to get these gears from any mob, not just in the dungeon, now the only place you see them is in the dungeon, and even then, it's rare.
3. Place a boss (such as a weaker Graveguard Loca or something) in 1-15 that spawns every 1 - 4 hours randomly that drops worship 1-15 gears. This will let the gear drop in game, and bring pvp back to the zone as players compete for the drops.
1. Institute the Vanity gear quests for gears such as BluMetal, Spring, etc... (lvl 22 quest gears) this does give a player an option with pvp for the 20 - 30 zone that cannot afford to get heroics / dreads. This also brings a quest line into the area and gives players something new to do.
2. Increase gold drop rates here. Same reason as map 1.
3. Add level 1 linking hammers to the drop tables for 20 - 30 pvp, as this will increase pvp in these areas as people are trying to farm. These hammers provide a relatively low linking percentage increase, however for new players, will help them link some lapis into their gears, and even entice them to purchase AP later for higher level hammers.
1. Add items to the drop table here. Possibly short capes, masks, random heroic gears for level 37+. This map is virtually useless here as most people don't even visit it anymore.
2. Institute the vanity gear quest (Jewel, Ive, etc...) which will give people more quests for this area as well as the drive to actually spend more than five minutes on this map to complete their epic quest.
3. Increase the drop rates on the blue named lvl 55 rings / loops / amulets to what they were originally. I remember when you could get one these items in a matter of hours by grinding. Now, you rarely see them, and I'm not sure if it's because rarely anyone goes there, or if it's just because they're not dropping. I know when I was there grinding I never got one in several hours.
4. Increase gold drop rates here. Same as earlier.
1. Add Valentines day rings / loops to the drop tables here as a low drop rate item, or something similar.
2. Add military caps here as a low drop rate item, which will bring farmers true, but perhaps increase the number of parties in this area.
3. Add a type of non-tradeable res rune to the drop tables, perhaps something like the "Small Res Rune" that used to be obtained by purchasing the Shaiya Package back in the day. However make it non-tradeable. This would let people farm runes for their own account only. You have to click when you die, so UM's would still need the AP res runes, in case of a DC, and if they didn't have one, they would still have to purchase a Character revival.
Karis / Raigo maps
1. POSSIBLY add fortune bags / coins (old item used back in ep1 and ep2 as prizes, gave the person a random amount of gold when sold to an NPC) to the drop tables, bringing pvp back to these areas as farmers are here trying to get gold. The amount of gold could be anything from 700 gold to 70,000,000 depending on the level of the bag / coin. This could be used as a way of fixing the economy, as well. Would need more long term research though before implementation.
Jungle / DD1 / DD2
1. Increase the drop rates for duals.
2. Add the same duals that drop in dd1 to dd2 as well as the accessory lapis.
3. Increase the drop rates for 55 - 60 gears (Daynorth, Ophiston, etc...) as it's near impossible to find pants for these gears as is now. It provides players with an alternative to Goddess 53 gears.
4. Add Daynorth / Ophiston etc... helms back into the drop tables, as these are nowhere to be found, and would provide players with a chance to get a slotted helm.
VR / PR
1. Increase the drop rates for 65+ gears back to what they were, as I've spent 15 levels in there on one character, and 5 so far on another character, and so far, I've gotten one lvl 62 weapon as a drop. ( and when I'm there, I'm there for 6 hours or more usually grinding).
1. Add lvl 7 stat lapis to the drop tables.
2. Add / increase rates lvl 65+ gear (Decoris, Vallum, Secor) to the drop tables and weapons.
For ALL relics:
1. Add the chance to get a cape (low drop rate) or random mask / helm. This will bring more people fighting for the relics again, and bring pvp back to pvp areas.
2. Add a random AP item to the drop table instead of just the holy water potions. For example, a random level 3 HP MP SP or remedy kinda thing... something stronger than the lvl 1 potions you can get via the free rewards box.
3. Add the chance to get a random level lapis 1 - 7 from the alter. For example, a lvl 15 character that kills the altar in 1 - 15 might get a lvl 7 lapis one time, and then a lvl 1 the next, or etc...
FOR ALL PVP AREAS:
1. Add various noss'es to the drop tables for these maps, such as the clean hit XT, KO Noss, etc... as a low drop rate item.