Auradria

Rank 0
Auradria
PostedFeb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

T.M (Trial maze idea)

Something to make it more fun for all
I've looked before posting this just incase it was already sugested I didn't see one so...

My idea is this: a split in level ranks for TM.

By this I mean keeping the 30 level entry rule but making it so that anyone above a certain level (the midway point between 30- the level cap) has to be in a different arena.

I read on the rules that anyone killing another -10 lvls below them is harmed, but that doesn't seem to slow the High level characters down. Its like they don't care. Low characters have no chance at all to even try to get more experience, because they are killed off early.

I think this would make the game more fun for everyone.
Advertisement

9matthews2

Rank 0
PostedFeb 27, 2012 11:30 pm
I definitely agree. Just hurting them a bit isn't enough to really dissuade them from an easy kill. I think it should be 10 level groups. like 30-39, 40-49, etc.

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 02, 2012 12:21 am
sonicsa3 wrote:
This arena and territory wars were meant to PUNISH lower levels and reward the best of the best. If anything brackets should be removed from ALL arenas to encourage leveling.

Just level up. Trial maze is a free for all.  

Remove brackets in ALL arena? That just sounds mad. There'd be no point in GOING to arena. What would make the sets useful? If brackets were removed so it was 31-85, yeah? then the lowbies would not get any points and the PvP sets would fly out the window.

Aesopl

Rank 1
Aesopl
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:28 pm
There's a very large amount of people who have spent hundreds just to make a perfect lower bracket character, or spent a year or 2 effort on a PvP alt.

If they had put no brackets only on Quill when it first came out then it would be fine, but now is a bit too late to be removing brackets in my opinion.

Totally went off topic, but I also agree with what Ajani said and that higher levels are meant to win TM.

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:30 pm
sonicsa3 wrote:
Maeyi wrote:
sonicsa3 wrote:
This arena and territory wars were meant to PUNISH lower levels and reward the best of the best. If anything brackets should be removed from ALL arenas to encourage leveling.

Just level up. Trial maze is a free for all.  

Remove brackets in ALL arena? That just sounds mad. There'd be no point in GOING to arena. What would make the sets useful? If brackets were removed so it was 31-85, yeah? then the lowbies would not get any points and the PvP sets would fly out the window.  

But then there'd be a point to leveling generating far more revenue. I can point to countless titles with 5 to 6 times the playerbase of this game and have no brackets. Wanna know the result?

Everyone levels to cap and spends more money. Go figure.  

I gathered that. It does seem a good idea; arena wouldn't take ages to start.

All I was saying was the fact that the 'lower' pvp sets would end up rotting away.

Plus like Aesopl says: Alts have been made and put effort and gold into.

minahope

Rank 3
minahope
Outside Ghosts Window In The United States
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:30 pm
Well, kinda sounds like a good idea. but, in TM, if you kill a player 10 lvls below you, it still counts. What i mean is, they cant seperate it because this is how it would go. 40s kill the 30s, 50s kill the 40s, etc etc, if it was seperated, the 30s die anyways with the 40s. but how do 50s and 60s get kills if 70 and 80s are in there with them. would make it to where only 80+ won tm pretty much. (if im making sense). Possibly a better idea is leave it to where they roam free all together, but make lower lvls not beable to be veiwd by 10+ higher lvls. Would make it more fair, imo anyways

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:32 pm
minahope wrote:
Possibly a better idea is leave it to where they roam free all together, but make lower lvls not beable to be veiwd by 10+ higher lvls. Would make it more fair, imo anyways  

Don't take this in a rude tone but that's why we have StealthClasses...

minahope

Rank 3
minahope
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:33 pm   Last edited by minahope on Mar 03, 2012 12:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Yes, but people can unstealth them with aoes.

Edit: Also, not all classes have stealth, so how is that fair to Pallys,zerks,necros,wiz,etc?

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:34 pm
minahope wrote:
Yes, but people can unstealth them with aoes.  

Then their fault for running so close to someone who would plainly kill them?

minahope

Rank 3
minahope
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:37 pm
Sometimes people sneak up and aoe, or accidently aoe, or they themselves are a stealth class and aoe just for the fun of killing noobs. \o/. My idea isnt the greatest, Just thinking of it as a way to stop lower lvls from QQing because high lvls kill them.