tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedFeb 26, 2012 9:32 am

Dont crit on persons

Atm my build is: 215+244 str/113+305 dex and 304+369 luc.
Now i tried a couple of times to hit on others and noticed i dont crit on toons.
I crit enough on mobs, but when i test on a person i dont..
Mabey someone can tell me why this is and if it is my build or something else?

ty:)
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedFeb 26, 2012 10:05 am
670 LUC is enough to have a critical hit against other toon. Your problem is DEX, 400 is low in PvP standards. IF you are missing then you cannot have a critical shot.

Try to push it up to 700 ish. goddess PvP requires more then 1500 stats, and end game PvP requires more then 2500 stats if you want to do something.

signature of xybolt

tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedFeb 26, 2012 2:43 pm
Ty Smile inno that 475 luc is round 95% critchance. should i take some luc away to put in dex? i heard 600 luc is good for killing a full rec defender, but since i dont crit on a person, idk..

Diira

Rank 3
Diira
PostedFeb 26, 2012 5:09 pm
What you mean you dont crit on a person? Is it that you miss or just that you dont crit? With 670 luck you should crit with pretty high rate in pvp...
So if you hit but dont crit, and that happens alot.. could be a glitch or something?

Aka Kuntpio on Lailah light side or Kunu on Phoenix o,.o

tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedFeb 27, 2012 4:33 pm
I had a test with another archer. My luc was good enough i think. He crit all the time on me and i didnt crit once at him..

Diira

Rank 3
Diira
PostedFeb 27, 2012 4:39 pm
tristanleirdrow wrote:
I had a test with another archer. My luc was good enough i think. He crit all the time on me and i didnt crit once at him..  

Give few SSs about your build and such. over 600luck and no crits, there must be some misunderstanding here.. So the hits were actual hits, not misses right?

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedFeb 27, 2012 5:28 pm
tristanleirdrow wrote:
You haven't really answered the questions people have asked so I think a few explanations are needed to clarify things.

When you try to hit someone the game makes a couple of decisions.

First decision is whether or not you actually connect.
It will check whether your target has any untouchable effects
Then it will compare your dex and any increased hit chance buffs (like conc nos) against your target's dex and any evasion buffs.

If you have connected, then the game decides whether your hit is a critical one or not.
This will be decided by comparing your luck and any crit buffs (like KO nos or bash) against your opponent's luck.

There are a few complicated formulae in there, but basically if your opponent has a lot more dex than you then you will never even hit them and the luck comparison will never take place.

What people have been asking is whether you are hitting your opponent and not getting a critical hit, or are you missing altogether?

RIP Kizzd

tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedFeb 27, 2012 7:54 pm
I dotn miss..Its a normal hit i do, without crit. He told me he have lot of luc no str and some dex..

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedFeb 27, 2012 10:12 pm
The more luc you have the greater your critical evasion is but it is a tiny tiny amount per luc and it shouldn't make that much of a difference but that doesn't really explain why you don't critt. Maybe it was just a really unlucky streak?

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedFeb 28, 2012 8:54 am
tristanleirdrow wrote:
I dotn miss..Its a normal hit i do, without crit. He told me he have lot of luc no str and some dex..  

critical % = ( your LUC / 5 ) - ( opponent LUC / 20 )

Since he's an archer which constantly hit you with an critical hit, then it could be that his/her LUC is very high that the critical % for you got cropped. that's why people is investing into 600-700 LUC ( dependent ) instead of just 475.

signature of xybolt