lancetronic

Aeria: Product Manager
lancetronic
PostedFeb 23, 2012 1:59 am

Beware the Ban Hammer!

Donít Cheat. Just Compete!
NFSW currently has 11M registered users and continues to grow every week. To ensure that the overall game experience remains fun and more importantly, fair, we have been banning hackers on a regular basis. However, with the significant growth and popularity of the game, there has been an even greater increase in the number of hackers. We understand that players using such hacks negatively affect gameplay.

Rest assured, we are committed to creating the best experience possible and upholding the integrity of our Terms of Service. Steps are being taken by our Security Team to find and extract hackers or anyone violating the ToS on a daily basis.

All accounts that have been caught hacking or using third-party hacks will be permanently suspended. This includes both IGC and SpeedBoost players.

So, Donít Cheat. Just Compete!
Advertisement

Manstan

Rank 3
Manstan
PostedApr 01, 2012 7:06 am
After a prolonged hiatus from NFSW, bored with it, fed up with hackers, garage full. Got back on just a couple of days ago and have yet managed to be in a race that wasn't hacked. That was when I could actually manage to get into a multilayer. There may be 11m registered but less the 1% seem to be playing. I managed to actually get other racers for a multiplayer about 1 in 4 trys, and of coarse the winner never raced. Nothing like being half way through the second or third lap and seeing the 60 second warning come up and no one be able to finish the race but the hacker.

This is so common I can understand why it is so hard to start a multiplayer race. The only way not to race a hacker is in single player. Now in all the time I played NFSW EA never could stop the hacking, I don't see AGE accomplishing it ether. It needs to be fixed at the source, block the hack, but EA could never manage to do it. Trying to just report hackers in NFSW could turn in to a career. You would be spending more time reporting hackers than actually racing.

boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
PostedApr 01, 2012 8:05 am
Manstan wrote:
After a prolonged hiatus from NFSW, bored with it, fed up with hackers, garage full. Got back on just a couple of days ago and have yet managed to be in a race that wasn't hacked. That was when I could actually manage to get into a multilayer. There may be 11m registered but less the 1% seem to be playing. I managed to actually get other racers for a multiplayer about 1 in 4 trys, and of coarse the winner never raced. Nothing like being half way through the second or third lap and seeing the 60 second warning come up and no one be able to finish the race but the hacker.

This is so common I can understand why it is so hard to start a multiplayer race. The only way not to race a hacker is in single player. Now in all the time I played NFSW EA never could stop the hacking, I don't see AGE accomplishing it ether. It needs to be fixed at the source, block the hack, but EA could never manage to do it. Trying to just report hackers in NFSW could turn in to a career. You would be spending more time reporting hackers than actually racing.  

get your level up or join tier restricted races. hackers normally get band around level 10.

Manstan

Rank 3
Manstan
PostedApr 01, 2012 8:56 am
I'm 25th level racing tier 2, 20-25th level tracks, the hackers are 30-40th level. This has been an ongoing unsolvable problem for over 2 years. I quit playing because my garage was full and I couldn't win a race because of hackers; wasn't spending money on a game that was hack to win. Year later and it is just as bad if not worse.

Manstan

Rank 3
Manstan
PostedApr 02, 2012 7:20 am
Ya, people really live in fear of the ban hammer. I stand a better chance of getting banned just in responding to this thread then hackers do for hacking. Hackers publicly, in the chat, give links to the hack apps used. I see this daily with the same player names on them. So there is no way you can convince me anything is being done about the hackers when they are so public about it, they have no fear of being banned.

cassiusmd

Rank 0
PostedAug 17, 2012 8:16 pm
Well, I'm actually scared with the number of hackers I see ingame. T1 cars being much faster then tunned t3 and not using and powerup?
I really think this ban hammer should be much stronger so, because even buying several top t3 cars and tunning them it's impossible to compete against any player using hack..

Manstan

Rank 3
Manstan
PostedAug 18, 2012 7:55 am
I gave up, it is quite clear no one is running this asylum. As far as I can tell there is no moderation at all in the game, no one is addressing issues; like reported hackers. As long as the money keeps coming in they aren't worried about there cash cow have mad cow disease.
There are no moderators on this forum.
I have never seen a moderator in game.
As far as I know all 14 of the players I turned in for blatantly hacking the game are still playing.
And NFSW now has the reputation as the most hacked game on the internet.

My advice? Live with it or leave it. Because not only is there no ban hammer, there is no one to swing it.

Roundeyes

Rank 0
Roundeyes
PostedSep 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Seriously? Hackers c'mon...

I just started playing games through this company and mainly for NFS. Though ive probably raced 50 or so times now the last 20 have been against racers that dont leave the starting line only to magically win after im the only one racing on the track. I want to buy some AP for some new cars and enhancements but if this is how the racing is going to be id rather not. I hope Aeria finds a way to stop these guys cause it is ruining it for the real racers. Hackers i squish yer heads!

Deacon.Elia

Rank 0
PostedOct 03, 2012 7:02 am
That is the way NFSW has been for a long time. Long before Aeria started hosting it. Has only gotten worse since. I quit playing because it is hack to win. But don't worry, wait a bit and some one is sure to post a link to the hack, because no one will do anything about that ether.
The hacking has been going on for years and no one does anything about it.

NFSW is the most hacked game online today.