Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedFeb 15, 2012 11:28 pm
It's best to get rid of the most obvious bugs (such as the character deletion bug, invisible monsters, etc.) and the annoying ones (localization issues) before even thinking about going into CB from Alpha. It makes little/no sense to only fix a few bugs and then release out a buggy game for CB where the bugs that were known from Alpha will be reported again, which will waste Aeria's, the players, and Sirius's time. Explain to me how finding the exact same bugs that have already been reported is efficient or even effective in ironing out a game rather than taking the time to get rid of the already reported bugs and then have CB come out and the bugs that have been created/were missed.

Aeria has a track record, at least from my experiences, of going into OB/full release shortly after the end of CB (typically, less than a month) so it makes sense that they want to fix as much as they can. I appreciate this as nothing is worse than having an absolutely horrific CB in which a whole slew of bugs were there and then having to take months/years to fix them all out in order to release it for OB/full release. Sure, it may take longer but anyone who has ever done debugging can attest to, fixing bugs of any sort takes time and can even create new/worse ones than before so it's better to get rid of them now than having to wait another year or two for LO to go into OB/full release.

For all those who are complaining about how long it's taking for Aeria to release LO into CB, it's not helping. They know it's taking longer than expected (a GM outright stated it in a thread that has probably been long since buried/deleted) and there's nothing they can do. They can only wait on Sirius Entertainment (the developers of LO for those that don't know) to fix the bugs. If you truly wish for LO to be released quicker, here's two things you can do:

1. Apply to the localization team of AGE; OR
  2. Apply to the Sirius Entertainment LO team and/or contact them and lend your assistance to them with bug fixing

If you're not going to do that, then stop complaining. It's not going to make LO come out any faster. Just be glad Aeria isn't like Blizzard...

I'm pretty sure we've derailed this thread quite enough from it's original intention.
Advertisement

Shinjiro

Rank 2
Shinjiro
PostedFeb 16, 2012 12:14 am
Siviard pretty much nailed it.

As for people quitting- they come and go. The ones that are too impatient and 'quit' the game are usually the ones that's been complaining all this time on the forums, so quite frankly I don't care. They'll come back when the game releases, and even more people will join as well.
As it's been mentioned before, there's no point in bringing a game with tons of bugs into CBT because people will end up re-finding bugs. It's best to fix all that they can now and release CBT so they can focus on new bugs. Do remember that the Thai and Korean version just launched into full release, it's taken a lot of Sirius' time to get that prepared as well to fix any of the bugs in those versions. LO's GM team said that the game will be headed into CBT in not too long from now, I'm sure they got most of the game breaking bugs out of the way and will be working on the smaller ones for the time being.

I want the game to be released too, but I'd rather it to be fully functional instead of one infested with bugs. So be patient, like the rest of us and let the GM's and Sirius do their job.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedFeb 16, 2012 1:31 am
Anex I wants pretty badge >:[_______]

Amirrora

Rank 3
Amirrora
PostedFeb 16, 2012 1:37 am
;o Ohhh. Nice! I didn't know about the Youtube either.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedFeb 16, 2012 1:42 am
Gratz to the 5 badge winners ^^

badhaircutkid10

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2012 4:39 am
so wait is this an fps game?

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedFeb 16, 2012 4:54 am
badhaircutkid10 wrote:
so wait is this an fps game?  
No, this is MMORPG.

MagicalCrux

Rank 0
MagicalCrux
PostedFeb 16, 2012 9:40 am
Speaking of badges, when are the people that won supposed to get theirs?

greenhair

Rank 1
greenhair
PostedFeb 16, 2012 9:44 am
MagicalCrux wrote:
Speaking of badges, when are the people that won supposed to get theirs?  

Like most contests AGE has i would suspect 2-7 days after winners are posted.

masterzorc08

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
masterzorc08
PostedFeb 16, 2012 11:16 am
I'm one of the badge winners this round o/ Eat it, Dil!