Shinjiro

Rank 2
Shinjiro
PostedFeb 14, 2012 9:25 pm
seisor wrote:
And this is related to fixing the game how?!
How about actully launch the CBT before you do advertisement about it...  

Oh no! Aeria is hosting an event and sharing their youtube for their players while they plan the beta release! How dare they!

Good god people, if the GMs weren't as active as they were now I'm sure you'd all complain that we have hardly any GM participation on the forums and that they're not working at all on the game. They're fixing the bugs, and they're working on the release. Stop whining.
Advertisement

DJ2xway

Rank 0
DJ2xway
PostedFeb 15, 2012 1:25 am
Shinjiro wrote:

Oh no! Aeria is hosting an event and sharing their youtube for their players while they plan the beta release! How dare they!

Good god people, if the GMs weren't as active as they were now I'm sure you'd all complain that we have hardly any GM participation on the forums and that they're not working at all on the game. They're fixing the bugs, and they're working on the release. Stop whining.  

This.

badhaircutkid10

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2012 2:03 am
sweet now we have facebook and youtube and i can download the game, oh wait well thers facebook and youtube

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedFeb 15, 2012 4:48 am
I have liked LO Facebook since a few weeks ago, but I don't check my Facebook often =(

MagicalCrux

Rank 0
MagicalCrux
PostedFeb 15, 2012 7:56 am
I just do not understand why you need to fix all the bugs if it hasn't even gone into CBT yet. It makes literally, no sense. CBT Is designed for finding and addressing all possible bugs. That is what the " t " in CBT is for - testing. If you want to polish the game and eliminate the bugs and every other exploitable thing before it goes into CBT then why don't you just push it into full launch?

I realize localizing a game is important but I just don't understand why you're putting so much work into something that has yet to even go into CBT phase for people to actually find bugs for you to fix.

As I stated before, if you're going to polish the game to an extent to where there is little to NO bugs, what's the point of CBT other than to give the player base a taste of it then yank it away and delete everything and make them wait weeks on ends yet again? If you're doing all this work to make sure there are no bugs then goodness, at least push it in to open beta. Right now with everything I am reading from the community managers, product managers & GM's CBT seems kind of pointless.

Shinjiro

Rank 2
Shinjiro
PostedFeb 15, 2012 8:55 pm
MagicalCrux wrote:
I just do not understand why you need to fix all the bugs if it hasn't even gone into CBT yet. It makes literally, no sense. CBT Is designed for finding and addressing all possible bugs. That is what the " t " in CBT is for - testing. If you want to polish the game and eliminate the bugs and every other exploitable thing before it goes into CBT then why don't you just push it into full launch?

I realize localizing a game is important but I just don't understand why you're putting so much work into something that has yet to even go into CBT phase for people to actually find bugs for you to fix.

As I stated before, if you're going to polish the game to an extent to where there is little to NO bugs, what's the point of CBT other than to give the player base a taste of it then yank it away and delete everything and make them wait weeks on ends yet again? If you're doing all this work to make sure there are no bugs then goodness, at least push it in to open beta. Right now with everything I am reading from the community managers, product managers & GM's CBT seems kind of pointless.

I really hope you're joking. That logic is completely flawed.
Are you saying they shouldn't fix bugs, and just wait until CBT where they'll have about a ton of people playing to find more bugs that they'd need to fix? Rushing the game into release is one of the worst possible ideas. What's the point of CBT and OBT? They only did alpha test, that had a small group of people. With a huge group like CBT and OBT, they'll have the possibility of finding many, many more bug. There could even be internal server issues with hosting tons of players at once, and other issues regarding population in the game itself. There's also players that dedicate their time in closed beta to find bugs. Right now they're fixing any issues they have now so the game won't take longer to release after beta happens, which they're more than likely to find more bugs.
God, everybody is really letting their impatience get the best of them.

MagicalCrux

Rank 0
MagicalCrux
PostedFeb 15, 2012 9:14 pm
Shinjiro wrote:
MagicalCrux wrote:

Are you saying they shouldn't fix bugs, and just wait until CBT where they'll have about a ton of people playing to find more bugs that they'd need to fix? Rushing the game into release is one of the worst possible ideas. What's the point of CBT and OBT? They only did alpha test, that had a small group of people. With a huge group like CBT and OBT, they'll have the possibility of finding many, many more bug. There could even be internal server issues with hosting tons of players at once, and other issues regarding population in the game itself. There's also players that dedicate their time in closed beta to find bugs. Right now they're fixing any issues they have now so the game won't take longer to release after beta happens, which they're more than likely to find more bugs.

Fangirl alert. No, my logic is not flawed, CBT is designed for finding bugs. Get your head out of LO's butt long enough to actually think instead of irrationally defending it. They specifically said they're addressing TONS of bug issues. We get the fact that the game is gonna have bug, we get it, nya? CBT is for TESTING and FINDING bugs, yea? And in your post all you're doing is talking in a circular fail. All I see is a little fan blindly defending something that should already be in CBT.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for Aeria and their games, but this has got to be the longest pre-CBT fix I have ever bloody seen in my entire life.

Shinjiro

Rank 2
Shinjiro
PostedFeb 15, 2012 9:23 pm
MagicalCrux wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:
MagicalCrux wrote:

Fangirl alert. No, my logic is not flawed, CBT is designed for finding bugs. Get your head out of LO's butt long enough to actually think instead of irrationally defending it. They specifically said they're addressing TONS of bug issues. We get the fact that the game is gonna have bug, we get it, nya? CBT is for TESTING and FINDING bugs, yea? And in your post all you're doing is talking in a circular fail. All I see is a little fan blindly defending something that should already be in CBT.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for Aeria and their games, but this has got to be the longest pre-CBT fix I have ever bloody seen in my entire life.  

>fangirl because I don't want them rushing the game into release
o ok, sry for wanting a polished game with as little bugs as possible bro

They've addressed the bugs that they have now, and they're fixing them. They had already admitted they announced the game too early, Korea's version wasn't even in beta at the time. Doesn't it make more sense to fix the bugs they already have so they're out of the way, and then release CBT so that there's less bugs? If there's not many, they can fix those and release the game faster. Focusing on a few bugs is better than focusing on a huge group of them, especially since some new bugs may change the outcome of fixing one of the 'old ones' they never fixed because they decided to rush into OBT. If you fail to understand this logic, then you're the blind one.

greenhair

Rank 1
greenhair
PostedFeb 15, 2012 9:41 pm
MagicalCrux wrote:
I just do not understand why you need to fix all the bugs if it hasn't even gone into CBT yet.

So by your logic.
Go forward with hundreds of known bugs(one quarter to on half of them game breakers) into CBT so people can re-find them?

MagicalCrux

Rank 0
MagicalCrux
PostedFeb 15, 2012 9:48 pm
Shinjiro wrote:
MagicalCrux wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:
MagicalCrux wrote:

>fangirl because I don't want them rushing the game into release
o ok, sry for wanting a polished game with as little bugs as possible bro

They've addressed the bugs that they have now, and they're fixing them. They had already admitted they announced the game too early, Korea's version wasn't even in beta at the time. Doesn't it make more sense to fix the bugs they already have so they're out of the way, and then release CBT so that there's less bugs? If there's not many, they can fix those and release the game faster. Focusing on a few bugs is better than focusing on a huge group of them, especially since some new bugs may change the outcome of fixing one of the 'old ones' they never fixed because they decided to rush into OBT. If you fail to understand this logic, then you're the blind one.  

Again, all I see is just blatant defending. I am more concerned with the player base they will be losing with prolonging something like this. And let's face it, people have left. I can name 11 from my guild alone plus countless other friends that have moved on because of the long awaited arrival of LO. Sure, polish the game a little, but when you really think about, the staff can not possibly finds as many bugs as a few thousand players could that will be actively seeking out things that are wrong. So, with my logic, what they are doing now with just a handful of people is indeed hindering the CBT of the game. Let's face it, I am not wrong with my line of thought, I am certainly not saying you are either.

We can agree to disagree all day long, it doesn't matter to me I am on vacation and have time for the debate.

They said they weren't focusing on a FEW but TONS. With so few people trying to navigate, locate, implement a fix and repeat the process, again, with so few people, do you not see it'd take a while, which is obviously is.

Fix the major bugs that would cripple gameplay, the others, smooth out as best you can. There is NO sense in polishing a game to near perfection that isn't even going into FULL RELEASE. Everyone wants a smooth game play, everyone. But let's face it, in CBT it just isn't going to happen. No matter how hard they work, their numbers are too few to possibly address the many bugs and glitches and exploits that are to be had/found.