I'm sure it has been suggested before, but what I would like to see is an available option to choose a "Forum Name" when you create your account.
This option would increase account privacy, enhance account security, reduce the need for extra accounts as "forum accounts", and improve versatility.
(1) First an additional account tag would have to be made available on the backend
(2) For all current accounts, the account name could be substituted into this new field
(3) On the forum the field above your avatar that shows your "account name" would be changed to the "forum name" field
(4) Change the registration form to include this new field, so that all new accounts created would have to create a forum name along with their account name (make as requirement*)
(5) Give all current accounts the option to change their "Forum Name" once. (i.e. they could goto their settings and change their name once, then it becomes permanent)
(6) Naturally, as with account names, forum names would have to be unique, and not re-usable. (i.e. once used, never used again, etc)
Only con's.....a little engineering....and a slight increase to database size....